or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread - Page 105

post #1561 of 2062

Hi there,

 

I bought an Hermes tie on ebay but when I compare it to my other ties, it seems thinner than the rest (maybe someone had tried washing/drying it through non-recommended means and it shrunk?).

 

This is what it looks like "inside":

 

None of my other ties are "loose" enough to see the inside so I can't tell if this is just a bad condition, authentic tie, or just a fake...

 

This tie does show all the other signs of a real Hermes tie (other than the Hermes logo and wording slightly less wide, again, could be due to shrinkage)

 

Thank you!

post #1562 of 2062

If any Tom Ford experts could check out this coat for me, it'd be very appreciated. It looks authentic as far as I can tell, but I'm hardly an expert in all things TF. What's a fair price to offer for this on an auction?

 

 

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

post #1563 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Cheng View Post
 

If any Tom Ford experts could check out this coat for me, it'd be very appreciated. It looks authentic as far as I can tell, but I'm hardly an expert in all things TF. What's a fair price to offer for this on an auction?

 

 

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2

 

Processed By eBay with ImageMagick, z1.1.0. ||B2


Legit. Made by Zegna. Fair price? Not sure. Maybe around 500? Depends on fabric, too. If cashmere, might be higher.

post #1564 of 2062

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply confirming. It's 100% wool, going to try and bargain down a bit more. 

post #1565 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Cheng View Post
 

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply confirming. It's 100% wool, going to try and bargain down a bit more. 


What's the asking price? For me, I wouldn't offer more than 300 on it. 

post #1566 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post
 


What's the asking price? For me, I wouldn't offer more than 300 on it. 

My initial offer was 300, but I think I'd go to 325ish.

post #1567 of 2062

Hello everyone,

 

I hope I'm posting in the right section but I would like some help authenticating and finding these two Thom Browne items.

 

First, I want to see if these items are ACTUALLY from the Thom Browne collection. If so, which season/collection?

 

Second, if they are actually part of the TB collection, does it look authentic and legit?

 

I hope someone can help! I did some digging myself and wasn't able to come to a conclusion. Currently pending the purchase, so I'd love some help right away since I can still cancel the purchase.

 

I uploaded the pictures here http://imgur.com/a/PF4Dd

 

Thanks everyone!

post #1568 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisufanboys View Post
 

Hello everyone,

 

I hope I'm posting in the right section but I would like some help authenticating and finding these two Thom Browne items.

 

First, I want to see if these items are ACTUALLY from the Thom Browne collection. If so, which season/collection?

 

Second, if they are actually part of the TB collection, does it look authentic and legit?

 

I hope someone can help! I did some digging myself and wasn't able to come to a conclusion. Currently pending the purchase, so I'd love some help right away since I can still cancel the purchase.

 

I uploaded the pictures here http://imgur.com/a/PF4Dd

 

Thanks everyone!

 

Welcome to the forum, @bisufanboys.  I moved your post over here to our authentication thread.  Best of luck.

post #1569 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murlsquirl View Post
 

 

Welcome to the forum, @bisufanboys.  I moved your post over here to our authentication thread.  Best of luck.


Thanks! I hope someone can help :)

post #1570 of 2062
I'm certain this is authentic, but I'm wondering if folks could help identify when it was sold and how rare something like this would be? I'm not looking to flip it, but instead just have a a better sense of its value. I don't really understand the exotic market whatsoever - and this is, obviously, barely that.



post #1571 of 2062
Has anyone seen a BB label like this before? Any idea if this is authentic?

post #1572 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSingh View Post

Has anyone seen a BB label like this before? Any idea if this is authentic?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Yes, looks real. But nothing special IMO.

post #1573 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrelntrigger View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Yes, looks real. But nothing special IMO.

Thanks for that. It seemed a bit odd as the label looks to be the one usually used on BB polo-t's.
post #1574 of 2062
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSingh View Post


Thanks for that. It seemed a bit odd as the label looks to be the one usually used on BB polo-t's.


I've actually come across quite few of these. 

post #1575 of 2062

Been starting to really get into Versace ties recently. The gold, generally black labels, make a really great look for me when put together properly. I've found that there are a lot of quality ties on ebay, and different sites, but it can get a little disconcerting with all the fake garbage out there.

 

Do you guys think this tie is legit? http://www.ebay.com/itm/262202630641?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

 

This exact tie was actually posted on here a while back, but the tags and IDs are totally different. Is the one listed here: 

http://www.styleforum.net/t/130609/authenticity-check-on-versace-ties -(It's toward the bottom.)- the fake version of the one on ebay? Or are they both frauding?

 

Lastly, Do any of you have some suggestions on learning some of the old labels or tags from different brands?? I've found a few minor lists from websites, but it's not like Versace or wherever offer a comprehensive resource. Heck, they don't even show you the back of the tie you're buying online to begin with.

 

Appreciate any feedback!

-Shred

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication Thread