or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bloomingdale's WAYWRN for $5,000
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Bloomingdale's WAYWRN for $5,000

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
So Bloomingdale's is hosting an online WAYWRN until the 20th, with the winners of each day grabbing a $5,000 shopping spree and trip to NY. I thought I'd give you guys a heads up and see if we could get some actual male representation in there. I'm guessing they're looking for a slightly more trendy look - so Spoo here's your chance to kick some ass.

Link: http://www.bloomingdales.com/campaig...7&channel_id=1
post #2 of 18
Can Manton enter and have them go "uhh this isn't stylish"? It would be lulz.
post #3 of 18
Though it doesn't say so, I think the contest is tilted toward NYC entrants.

I would love to see aportnoy, Manton, EusticeTilly, Concordia and guys like that enter. If out of towners are treated fairly then Vox, Matt, whnay and many others should enter something like this , but I doubt they will. A lot of talent on SF. Foo might take the time to enter, but he was slighted by GQ, IMO and would be swimming upstream.

Good solid entrants might be Spoo, NYRanger, SkinnyGoomba, and GDL and many others.

But I bet the winner of course will be an exemplar of whatever Designer RTW Bloomingdales is featuring this season. That makes it tough on the Bespoke crowd.

Note which maker gets the most space on the websites menswear page! Maybe DocHolliday could put together a great entry video.

*

Designer Shops

* Burberry
* Hugo Boss
* Polo Ralph Lauren
* RLX Ralph Lauren
* Salvatore Ferragamo
* Theory

are these ( from the webpage ). Anyone strong in these designers would have a leg up I bet.
post #4 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnoldh View Post
Though it doesn't say so, I think the contest is tilted toward NYC entrants.

I would love to see aportnoy, Manton, EusticeTilly, Concordia and guys like that enter. If out of towners are treated fairly then Vox, Matt, whnay and many others should enter something like this , but I doubt they will. A lot of talent on SF. Foo might take the time to enter, but he was slighted by GQ, IMO and would be swimming upstream.

Good solid entrants might be Spoo, NYRanger, SkinnyGoomba, and GDL and many others.

But I bet the winner of course will be an exemplar of whatever Designer RTW Bloomingdales is featuring this season. That makes it tough on the Bespoke crowd.

Note which maker gets the most space on the websites menswear page! Maybe DocHolliday could put together a great entry video.

*

Designer Shops

* Burberry
* Hugo Boss
* Polo Ralph Lauren
* RLX Ralph Lauren
* Salvatore Ferragamo
* Theory

are these ( from the webpage ). Anyone strong in these designers would have a leg up I bet.

I highly doubt that, unlike the GQ contest, Bloomingdale's is looking for people that have perfect fits and bespoke wardrobes. A lot of the aforementioned people are popular on SF for the exact reasons they may not be seen as good contestants for this competition. For example, Manton. He wears perfectly tailored bespoke clothing, but none of it is fashionable by anybody's definition. Still, it would be interesting to see what Bloomingdale's thought of SF's bespoke crowd, even though this contest sounds like it's geared toward those that have extensive RTW items.

Also, for those like me who had no idea what RLX is -- it's a PRL "sporting apparel" line from what Google told me.
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadly7 View Post
I highly doubt that, unlike the GQ contest, Bloomingdale's is looking for people that have perfect fits and bespoke wardrobes. A lot of the aforementioned people are popular on SF for the exact reasons they may not be seen as good contestants for this competition. For example, Manton. He wears perfectly tailored bespoke clothing, but none of it is fashionable by anybody's definition. Still, it would be interesting to see what Bloomingdale's thought of SF's bespoke crowd, even though this contest sounds like it's geared toward those that have extensive RTW items.

Also, for those like me who had no idea what RLX is -- it's a PRL "sporting apparel" line from what Google told me.


RLX is an overpriced take on workout/athletic gear that actually uses some nice fabrics. Interesting, yet a bit over the top in most instances. And it would be amusing to see how the bespoke lineup fairs against the oh-so-stylish hipsterish look.
post #6 of 18
I'm in (but I didn't mention all of my clothes comes off of Ebay).
post #7 of 18
A trip to NY would be so exciting!
post #8 of 18
I think I see NYR up there already. Is that a vox sighting as well?
post #9 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sephlod View Post
I think I see NYR up there already. Is that a vox sighting as well?

Yep. Its Vox.
post #10 of 18
As a non US resident I'm barred from entering...shame I'd enter this!?!
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


-TTO
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by sephlod View Post
I think I see NYR up there already.

I actually think he's got a very good chance in a contest like this. Good luck Rob! And to any other SFers entering, of course!
post #12 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdfast View Post
I actually think he's got a very good chance in a contest like this. Good luck Rob! And to any other SFers entering, of course!

Rob's fit in the contest is terrific. Good luck to all.
post #13 of 18
Would be awesome if the $5000 prize was redeemable only in Hugo Boss merch
post #14 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTWilliams View Post
I'm in (but I didn't mention all of my clothes comes off of Ebay).



i dunno where to look
post #15 of 18
Woe is me, Spoo, niidawg, Phat Guido, and NYR have a shot at winning since they're not trad. Wasn't Woe an Esquire contest finalist?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Bloomingdale's WAYWRN for $5,000