or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › EG and John Malkovitch tees
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EG and John Malkovitch tees

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 
Thought I'd post some pics of tees that Gary had in his store. The first three are Engineered Garments ones ($55). We see loads of Daiki's jackets and shirts and hoodies posted all the time, but I don't think I've seen tees posted. The last too are from John Malkovitch, and if I could afford to spend $75 on a tee, these might be it this season. The design is called "Flipping Uncle Kimono" and the line drawings are actually embroidered by different colored single threads. Really cool. The line actually has some really cool stuff. My favorite piece is a brown vertically striped v-neck pullover sweater with an oversized neckpiece and patch pocket, so it's sort of like a cardigan, but it is not. Or it is like a v-neck tee, but it is not.







Side shot of same shirt:


John Malkovitch shirts:



post #2 of 10
I saw those EG shirts at American Rag. I was highly disappointed to see they were AA shirts. They had special EG tags on the tshirt, but behind it, the tag stated made by aa. I hope it's a higher quality tee than their standard ones for >50 dollars.
post #3 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by digital_denim
I saw those EG shirts at American Rag. I was highly disappointed to see they were AA shirts. They had special EG tags on the tshirt, but behind it, the tag stated made by aa. I hope it's a higher quality tee than their standard ones for >50 dollars.

I am 99% sure that they are cut and sew. They don't feel nor are shaped much like the typical AA jersey 2001 tees people print on. I like the Griffin shirt, personally, but it takes a lot to separate me from my money for a t-shirt. I really like the John Malkovitch tees, but man, they are not cheap. But they are pretty disctinctive, and definitely look quality...
post #4 of 10
unclekimono.com

I really like those EG tees.
post #5 of 10
I'm curious how the Malkovich line is doing. I like some of the designs, and the overall aesthetic interests me, but I haven't heard anything about it aside from a couple mentions here, and the prices are completely out of my range.
post #6 of 10
Can you buy these online? Love the EG t-shirts
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by londonj
Can you buy these online? Love the EG t-shirts

I haven't seen them at the usual suspects (Hejfina, Steven Alan) so I don't think so. I know that Gary will ship though.
post #8 of 10
I like the first EG tee a lot, 55$ is a lot for a t-shirt however.
post #9 of 10
The sleeve details on the third shirt are awesome. If I didn't have a as many tees as I've got now I'd definitely pick one of these up. What's the story behind these shirts? Built by an old school t-shirt factory?
post #10 of 10
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by timpoblete
The sleeve details on the third shirt are awesome. If I didn't have a as many tees as I've got now I'd definitely pick one of these up. What's the story behind these shirts? Built by an old school t-shirt factory?

Apparently, built by American Apparel. I'll ask Daiki about the backstory to these designs.

BTW, there is no such thing as too many t-shirts. Just FYI.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › EG and John Malkovitch tees