Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- My first MTM suit (+ shirts), opinions please! Last post on 1/8/11 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- I want to start wearing a suit every day Last post on 9/25/14 at 4:51pm in Classic Menswear
- Image Consultant on Youtube.... Helps Guy Get a New Wardrobe With $3,000 and still looks bad in... Last post on 8/13/12 at 12:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new custom jacket Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment - Page 469post #7021 of 70299/10/14 at 1:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7022 of 70299/10/14 at 9:09pm
Got it, thanks for feed back and simple guidelines. Still playing catch up on all these threads. Guess my world wasn't as CBD as I thought it was.
Cleav, I've seen some of your posts and always looking sharp. So would that tie really fall into CBD? Is that a grenadine or Garza type tie? That's where I'm also getting tripped up looking at others posts. I don't have anything of that texture in my wardrobe. Only smooth silk ties, no cashmere ones either. Never thought (or knew) they were for business. But it looks sharp on your outfit. I wear an outfit like your second pic with the charcoal suit blue shirt and black pin dot(if that's what you would call it). But no pocket squares... again I thought they fall outside of conservative.
great sight though...and thanks again for feedback.post #7023 of 70299/10/14 at 9:33pmpost #7024 of 70299/10/14 at 9:56pmpost #7025 of 70299/18/14 at 10:52ampost #7026 of 70299/18/14 at 12:10pmpost #7027 of 70299/19/14 at 2:58amQuote:Contrast can be your friend, try mixing up the shirt and tie colours a bit.Originally Posted by iceman45cal
Thanks for feedback.
I have leeway in terms of really conservative. I'm used to only wearing white broadcloth shirts with 1 or 2 patterns either in suit and or tie (my customers are surgeons, most who dress pretty bad, but I report to senior VPs who are very conservative). Occasionally I would do a lavender shirt with purple tie with a solid gray suit on a little more casual day, or blue shirt blue tie combos. Trying to mess with adding more patterns and colors based on info from site.
Lavender shirts are a bit 2009 though.Quote:Ergo, ditch those ties. Browse the WAYWN threads for some inspiration. To be blunt, they look like you bought them from KMart.So here is a real departure for me mixing orange and blue suits. I posted this one in the ask a question forum and only got 1 response. Both shirts are lavender, the second shirt is lavender on lavender stripe... first suit is blue micro dot pattern (the really common canali suit) the second suit has a faint maroon stripe window pane type effect and has a cashmere feel) both suits look solid navy at 10 feet. thoughts? I figure a pale blue solid shirt would be better looking and more CBD, but wondering if this works to mix it up a little. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #7028 of 70299/22/14 at 9:53pm
:-( people always liked my ties... but I see on this forum I fell into the classic American trap of loud bright ties as accent pieces. I have been out acquiring much more conservative ties the past month as a result of this site. most of my old ones were valentino, Kiton, brioni, zegna...very bright.. but no... not kmart. thanks for feedback though. I like my lavender shirts, are they really out of style...even for WAYWRN...post #7029 of 70299/26/14 at 11:45am
- CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Jual Kitchen Set Minimalis Murah 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 10 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses NOT owned by Luxottica 14 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 21 minutes ago
- › gennaro paone: former head tailor of rubinacci 21 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 25 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 26 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 27 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 30 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Top 5 Online Shopping Websites For...
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...