Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- My first MTM suit (+ shirts), opinions please! Last post on 1/8/11 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- I want to start wearing a suit every day Last post on 3/23/15 at 6:01pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 12:02 pm in Classic Menswear
- Image Consultant on Youtube.... Helps Guy Get a New Wardrobe With $3,000 and still looks bad in... Last post on 8/13/12 at 12:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new custom jacket Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment - Page 469post #7021 of 70319/10/14 at 1:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7022 of 70319/10/14 at 9:09pm
Got it, thanks for feed back and simple guidelines. Still playing catch up on all these threads. Guess my world wasn't as CBD as I thought it was.
Cleav, I've seen some of your posts and always looking sharp. So would that tie really fall into CBD? Is that a grenadine or Garza type tie? That's where I'm also getting tripped up looking at others posts. I don't have anything of that texture in my wardrobe. Only smooth silk ties, no cashmere ones either. Never thought (or knew) they were for business. But it looks sharp on your outfit. I wear an outfit like your second pic with the charcoal suit blue shirt and black pin dot(if that's what you would call it). But no pocket squares... again I thought they fall outside of conservative.
great sight though...and thanks again for feedback.post #7023 of 70319/10/14 at 9:33pmpost #7024 of 70319/10/14 at 9:56pmpost #7025 of 70319/18/14 at 10:52ampost #7026 of 70319/18/14 at 12:10pmpost #7027 of 70319/19/14 at 2:58amQuote:Contrast can be your friend, try mixing up the shirt and tie colours a bit.Originally Posted by iceman45cal
Thanks for feedback.
I have leeway in terms of really conservative. I'm used to only wearing white broadcloth shirts with 1 or 2 patterns either in suit and or tie (my customers are surgeons, most who dress pretty bad, but I report to senior VPs who are very conservative). Occasionally I would do a lavender shirt with purple tie with a solid gray suit on a little more casual day, or blue shirt blue tie combos. Trying to mess with adding more patterns and colors based on info from site.
Lavender shirts are a bit 2009 though.Quote:Ergo, ditch those ties. Browse the WAYWN threads for some inspiration. To be blunt, they look like you bought them from KMart.So here is a real departure for me mixing orange and blue suits. I posted this one in the ask a question forum and only got 1 response. Both shirts are lavender, the second shirt is lavender on lavender stripe... first suit is blue micro dot pattern (the really common canali suit) the second suit has a faint maroon stripe window pane type effect and has a cashmere feel) both suits look solid navy at 10 feet. thoughts? I figure a pale blue solid shirt would be better looking and more CBD, but wondering if this works to mix it up a little. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #7028 of 70319/22/14 at 9:53pm
:-( people always liked my ties... but I see on this forum I fell into the classic American trap of loud bright ties as accent pieces. I have been out acquiring much more conservative ties the past month as a result of this site. most of my old ones were valentino, Kiton, brioni, zegna...very bright.. but no... not kmart. thanks for feedback though. I like my lavender shirts, are they really out of style...even for WAYWRN...post #7029 of 70319/26/14 at 11:45ampost #7030 of 70317/3/15 at 8:08pmpost #7031 of 70317/3/15 at 8:57pm
- CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment
Styleforum Top Picks
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › ***Story Et Fall Thread*** 34 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 52 seconds ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 7 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Alligator / Crocodile Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...