Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- My first MTM suit (+ shirts), opinions please! Last post on 1/8/11 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- I want to start wearing a suit every day Last post on 11/22/15 at 4:36pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on 11/27/15 at 11:16am in Classic Menswear
- Image Consultant on Youtube.... Helps Guy Get a New Wardrobe With $3,000 and still looks bad in... Last post on 8/13/12 at 12:34pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment - Page 469post #7021 of 70359/10/14 at 1:51pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7022 of 70359/10/14 at 9:09pm
Got it, thanks for feed back and simple guidelines. Still playing catch up on all these threads. Guess my world wasn't as CBD as I thought it was.
Cleav, I've seen some of your posts and always looking sharp. So would that tie really fall into CBD? Is that a grenadine or Garza type tie? That's where I'm also getting tripped up looking at others posts. I don't have anything of that texture in my wardrobe. Only smooth silk ties, no cashmere ones either. Never thought (or knew) they were for business. But it looks sharp on your outfit. I wear an outfit like your second pic with the charcoal suit blue shirt and black pin dot(if that's what you would call it). But no pocket squares... again I thought they fall outside of conservative.
great sight though...and thanks again for feedback.post #7023 of 70359/10/14 at 9:33pmpost #7024 of 70359/10/14 at 9:56pmpost #7025 of 70359/18/14 at 10:52ampost #7026 of 70359/18/14 at 12:10pmpost #7027 of 70359/19/14 at 2:58amQuote:Contrast can be your friend, try mixing up the shirt and tie colours a bit.Originally Posted by iceman45cal
Thanks for feedback.
I have leeway in terms of really conservative. I'm used to only wearing white broadcloth shirts with 1 or 2 patterns either in suit and or tie (my customers are surgeons, most who dress pretty bad, but I report to senior VPs who are very conservative). Occasionally I would do a lavender shirt with purple tie with a solid gray suit on a little more casual day, or blue shirt blue tie combos. Trying to mess with adding more patterns and colors based on info from site.
Lavender shirts are a bit 2009 though.Quote:Ergo, ditch those ties. Browse the WAYWN threads for some inspiration. To be blunt, they look like you bought them from KMart.So here is a real departure for me mixing orange and blue suits. I posted this one in the ask a question forum and only got 1 response. Both shirts are lavender, the second shirt is lavender on lavender stripe... first suit is blue micro dot pattern (the really common canali suit) the second suit has a faint maroon stripe window pane type effect and has a cashmere feel) both suits look solid navy at 10 feet. thoughts? I figure a pale blue solid shirt would be better looking and more CBD, but wondering if this works to mix it up a little. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)post #7028 of 70359/22/14 at 9:53pm
:-( people always liked my ties... but I see on this forum I fell into the classic American trap of loud bright ties as accent pieces. I have been out acquiring much more conservative ties the past month as a result of this site. most of my old ones were valentino, Kiton, brioni, zegna...very bright.. but no... not kmart. thanks for feedback though. I like my lavender shirts, are they really out of style...even for WAYWRN...post #7029 of 70359/26/14 at 11:45ampost #7030 of 70357/3/15 at 8:08pmpost #7031 of 70357/3/15 at 8:57pmpost #7032 of 703510/23/15 at 7:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by FlyingMonkey
x-post from WAYWRN and maybe my only ever appearance in this thread...
PRL navy blue pinstripe suit, Conrad Wu PoW, CT texture stripe white shirt, white cotton square (+navy socks, C&J black captoes). Apologies for bike helmet hair.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is an excellent fit. Well done on finding the PRL navy blue suit.post #7033 of 703511/21/15 at 1:04pmQuote:
Depending on colour preference, I'd say:
- One lighter weight navy and grey each
- One heavier weight navy and grey each
- One seasonal, slightly patterned navy or grey suited to your location (fresco if you're in South California, flannel if you're near the Arctic).post #7034 of 703511/21/15 at 8:05pmQuote:
Incorrect. It's 6 suits, or 4.
Navy in Fresco and flannel.
Dk grey in Fresco and flannel.
Thrown in a lighter grey in Summer and Winter cloths, and/or go for birseye, nailhead, HB, or patterns for variety..
@Monkeyface looks great
- CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Khaki's of Carmel - Official Affiliate Thread - Carmel-by-the-Sea,... 9 minutes ago
- › Doctor Who 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories