Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- My first MTM suit (+ shirts), opinions please! Last post on 1/8/11 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- I want to start wearing a suit every day Last post on 6/3/16 at 4:01pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 3:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Image Consultant on Youtube.... Helps Guy Get a New Wardrobe With $3,000 and still looks bad in... Last post on 12/23/15 at 7:16pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment - Page 443post #6631 of 70357/31/12 at 6:43amThread Starterpost #6632 of 70357/31/12 at 6:43ampost #6633 of 70357/31/12 at 6:57ampost #6634 of 70357/31/12 at 9:28ampost #6635 of 70357/31/12 at 9:52ampost #6636 of 70357/31/12 at 9:53ampost #6637 of 70358/6/12 at 1:40pmpost #6638 of 70358/6/12 at 2:39pmsugarbutch Good to see that you try to keep this thread alive. I will get some opportunities to contribute come fall.
Nice mix of grey and blue, perhaps a little to wild color splash in the pocket for my taste.
C&A The burgundy bengal striped shit is a personal favourite of mine. I like how you combine it with the navy suit and tie,post #6639 of 70358/6/12 at 6:44pmpost #6640 of 70358/6/12 at 7:20pmpost #6641 of 70358/6/12 at 7:32pmpost #6642 of 70358/6/12 at 8:05pmpost #6643 of 70358/7/12 at 5:43ampost #6644 of 70358/7/12 at 6:15amQuote:
If you'll allow an answer from a non-CBD dresser, I've been getting collars/cuffs on my bespoke shirts replaced when they fray. If the cloth hasn't faded signficantly - not typically a problem, though I just let the shirtmaker decide on this - I get them replaced in the same fabric. If it's an issue (or if I just want variety/a different look), I get them replaced in white (especially if I already have multiple solids in the same colour anyway). It's certainly cheaper than buying a new shirt, and also an opportunity to switch fastening style if you want. For example, l had couple of shirts changed from french cuffs to button cuffs, to add to their versatilty (it lets me wear them with sweaters).post #6645 of 70358/7/12 at 6:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
If you'll allow an answer from a non-CBD dresser, I've been getting collars/cuffs on my bespoke shirts replaced when they fray. If the cloth hasn't faded signficantly - not typically a problem, though I just let the shirtmaker decide on this - I get them replaced in the same fabric. If it's an issue (or if I just want variety/a different look), I get them replaced in white (especially if I already have multiple solids in the same colour anyway). It's certainly cheaper than buying a new shirt, and also an opportunity to switch fastening style if you want. For example, l had couple of shirts changed from french cuffs to button cuffs, to add to their versatilty (it lets me wear them with sweaters).
I absolutely expected this to be the case in a non-CBD environment.
I'm having a hard time discerning whether replacing collars / cuffs on a non-white shirt with white makes it casual. Royalty would spare no expense and replace the entire shirt. If that is the case, I think I'll be building iteration 2.0 with business casual in mind.
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 4 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Watches for suits vs. Watches for casual 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 15 minutes ago
- › Jacket Fit, yay or nay? 16 minutes ago
- › White Tie To Prom? 17 minutes ago
- › Linjer Leather Goods -- official affiliate thread 35 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 37 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...