Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- My first MTM suit (+ shirts), opinions please! Last post on 1/8/11 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- I want to start wearing a suit every day Last post on 5/31/14 at 12:52am in Classic Menswear
- Image Consultant on Youtube.... Helps Guy Get a New Wardrobe With $3,000 and still looks bad in... Last post on 8/13/12 at 12:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new custom jacket Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment - Page 443post #6631 of 70277/31/12 at 6:43amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6632 of 70277/31/12 at 6:43ampost #6633 of 70277/31/12 at 6:57ampost #6634 of 70277/31/12 at 9:28ampost #6635 of 70277/31/12 at 9:52ampost #6636 of 70277/31/12 at 9:53ampost #6637 of 70278/6/12 at 1:40pmpost #6638 of 70278/6/12 at 2:39pmsugarbutch Good to see that you try to keep this thread alive. I will get some opportunities to contribute come fall.
Nice mix of grey and blue, perhaps a little to wild color splash in the pocket for my taste.
C&A The burgundy bengal striped shit is a personal favourite of mine. I like how you combine it with the navy suit and tie,post #6639 of 70278/6/12 at 6:44pmpost #6640 of 70278/6/12 at 7:20pmpost #6641 of 70278/6/12 at 7:32pmpost #6642 of 70278/6/12 at 8:05pmpost #6643 of 70278/7/12 at 5:43ampost #6644 of 70278/7/12 at 6:15amQuote:
If you'll allow an answer from a non-CBD dresser, I've been getting collars/cuffs on my bespoke shirts replaced when they fray. If the cloth hasn't faded signficantly - not typically a problem, though I just let the shirtmaker decide on this - I get them replaced in the same fabric. If it's an issue (or if I just want variety/a different look), I get them replaced in white (especially if I already have multiple solids in the same colour anyway). It's certainly cheaper than buying a new shirt, and also an opportunity to switch fastening style if you want. For example, l had couple of shirts changed from french cuffs to button cuffs, to add to their versatilty (it lets me wear them with sweaters).post #6645 of 70278/7/12 at 6:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
If you'll allow an answer from a non-CBD dresser, I've been getting collars/cuffs on my bespoke shirts replaced when they fray. If the cloth hasn't faded signficantly - not typically a problem, though I just let the shirtmaker decide on this - I get them replaced in the same fabric. If it's an issue (or if I just want variety/a different look), I get them replaced in white (especially if I already have multiple solids in the same colour anyway). It's certainly cheaper than buying a new shirt, and also an opportunity to switch fastening style if you want. For example, l had couple of shirts changed from french cuffs to button cuffs, to add to their versatilty (it lets me wear them with sweaters).
I absolutely expected this to be the case in a non-CBD environment.
I'm having a hard time discerning whether replacing collars / cuffs on a non-white shirt with white makes it casual. Royalty would spare no expense and replace the entire shirt. If that is the case, I think I'll be building iteration 2.0 with business casual in mind.
- CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 12 seconds ago
- › Weapons on Walls -- Cool or Creepy? 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Styleforum Meetup – Host Khaki’s of... 3 minutes ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)