Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- My first MTM suit (+ shirts), opinions please! Last post on 1/8/11 at 6:25pm in Classic Menswear
- I want to start wearing a suit every day Last post on 3/23/15 at 6:01pm in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Today at 6:56 pm in Classic Menswear
- Image Consultant on Youtube.... Helps Guy Get a New Wardrobe With $3,000 and still looks bad in... Last post on 8/13/12 at 12:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Please critique my new custom jacket Last post on 11/12/12 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment - Page 443post #6631 of 70317/31/12 at 6:43amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6632 of 70317/31/12 at 6:43ampost #6633 of 70317/31/12 at 6:57ampost #6634 of 70317/31/12 at 9:28ampost #6635 of 70317/31/12 at 9:52ampost #6636 of 70317/31/12 at 9:53ampost #6637 of 70318/6/12 at 1:40pmpost #6638 of 70318/6/12 at 2:39pmsugarbutch Good to see that you try to keep this thread alive. I will get some opportunities to contribute come fall.
Nice mix of grey and blue, perhaps a little to wild color splash in the pocket for my taste.
C&A The burgundy bengal striped shit is a personal favourite of mine. I like how you combine it with the navy suit and tie,post #6639 of 70318/6/12 at 6:44pmpost #6640 of 70318/6/12 at 7:20pmpost #6641 of 70318/6/12 at 7:32pmpost #6642 of 70318/6/12 at 8:05pmpost #6643 of 70318/7/12 at 5:43ampost #6644 of 70318/7/12 at 6:15amQuote:
If you'll allow an answer from a non-CBD dresser, I've been getting collars/cuffs on my bespoke shirts replaced when they fray. If the cloth hasn't faded signficantly - not typically a problem, though I just let the shirtmaker decide on this - I get them replaced in the same fabric. If it's an issue (or if I just want variety/a different look), I get them replaced in white (especially if I already have multiple solids in the same colour anyway). It's certainly cheaper than buying a new shirt, and also an opportunity to switch fastening style if you want. For example, l had couple of shirts changed from french cuffs to button cuffs, to add to their versatilty (it lets me wear them with sweaters).post #6645 of 70318/7/12 at 6:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Holdfast
If you'll allow an answer from a non-CBD dresser, I've been getting collars/cuffs on my bespoke shirts replaced when they fray. If the cloth hasn't faded signficantly - not typically a problem, though I just let the shirtmaker decide on this - I get them replaced in the same fabric. If it's an issue (or if I just want variety/a different look), I get them replaced in white (especially if I already have multiple solids in the same colour anyway). It's certainly cheaper than buying a new shirt, and also an opportunity to switch fastening style if you want. For example, l had couple of shirts changed from french cuffs to button cuffs, to add to their versatilty (it lets me wear them with sweaters).
I absolutely expected this to be the case in a non-CBD environment.
I'm having a hard time discerning whether replacing collars / cuffs on a non-white shirt with white makes it casual. Royalty would spare no expense and replace the entire shirt. If that is the case, I think I'll be building iteration 2.0 with business casual in mind.
- CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 5 minutes ago
- › *** The 2015 / 2016 Wolf vs. Goat Denim Contest - join by 5/31! *** 5 minutes ago
- › What underwear if any do you wear with white linen pants? 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...