or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment - Page 347

post #5191 of 6978
What is the ring issue? Not sure I understand the problem
post #5192 of 6978
The question is whether it qualifies as CBD. The answer is no, it certainly does not.
post #5193 of 6978
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

The question is whether it qualifies as CBD. The answer is no, it certainly does not.

Of course. But save for the jewelry, I think its as close as I get. Unless I did a solid shirt.
post #5194 of 6978
IMG00136-20111201-0938.jpg

Drapers a bit lighter than navy
Shirt made from Bonfanti 150 range
Madder tie Drakes rtw

Don't wear pocket squares often. Would appreciate suggestions other than white linen.
post #5195 of 6978
939
post #5196 of 6978
Quote:
Originally Posted by C&A View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG00136-20111201-0938.jpg
Drapers a bit lighter than navy
Shirt made from Bonfanti 150 range
Madder tie Drakes rtw
Don't wear pocket squares often. Would appreciate suggestions other than white linen.

Beautiful tie. I'm jealous

Re square, I would use anything in your drawer that picks up any of the colors in the flower print. A dark green, some color variation around the dot (pink/fuschia/red?).

Who cut that jacket? Looks fairly neapolitan but the angle may account for a lot of the perception.
post #5197 of 6978
221893f3.jpg
post #5198 of 6978
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
939
Nice. I think it would look a little better with thicker stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
221893f3.jpg
Nice one too. It lacks one pattern IMO, either a striped shirt or a madder/check tie.
post #5199 of 6978
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
221893f3.jpg
Nice one too. It lacks one pattern IMO, either a striped shirt or a madder/check tie.

Thanks! I was trying to keep it super sombre today, but if I had a striped shirt, I agree that it would look good here.
post #5200 of 6978
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Nice. I think it would look a little better with thicker stripes

That's what I thought at first, too - I paired it with a bengal, but it looked crazy.gif too busy. I'll take a pic when I get home.
post #5201 of 6978
Hairline stripes are underappreciated.
post #5202 of 6978
Couldn't get the angle or colors right:

121002.jpg
121003.jpg
121004.jpg
121005.jpg
post #5203 of 6978
Scale of the stripes on shirt and suit are too close. Tie is not CBD.
post #5204 of 6978
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdl203 View Post

Beautiful tie. I'm jealous
Re square, I would use anything in your drawer that picks up any of the colors in the flower print. A dark green, some color variation around the dot (pink/fuschia/red?).
Who cut that jacket? Looks fairly neapolitan but the angle may account for a lot of the perception.

Thanks.

The suit was made by a tailor residing in the Milano region. He makes regular trips to the Netherlands. I was introduced to him by T4. Quite a competent tailor that also does a nice shirt shoulder. This jacket as a small rolino. The overall appearance is quite relaxed, like some of the Neapolitan makers. Although arguably the overall look of e.g. Solito, Panico and Rubinacci is a bit more soft and 'round' [for lack of a better word, at least in my vocabulary].

Today business casual. Only working half a day and no client meetings.

Moorbrook brown/black alpaca twill with a beige windowpane (same tailor). Rtw shirt by Salvatore Piccolo.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG00144-20111202-0849.jpg
post #5205 of 6978
NORE, nice shoes, what are they? They look like JL7000. Phillip II?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › CBD WAYWRN: An Experiment