• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What have you added to your car?

mehhhh

Reaction score
Curious to see what, if anything, members of a site like this are doing to modify their vehicles. Audio, exterior, interior, performance, etc, what kind of aftermarket stuff are you putting in your car?

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mehhhh
Curious to see what, if anything, members of a site like this are doing to modify their vehicles. Audio, exterior, interior, performance, etc, what kind of aftermarket stuff are you putting in your car?

stainless oil filter

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
a drunk driver and a passed out drunk girl in her underwear.

mussel

Reaction score
All weather rubber mats, GPS software update. Absolutely hate to bling-bling my car with over-sized chrome wheels, body lowering, boom box, tinted windows, after market shark fin, fake HID, spoilers, and so on...

turboman808

Reaction score
Don't laugh but I added a pretty nice sound system to my work van. If I got to drive a ************* at least I can enjoy my tunes.

mehhhh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mussel
Absolutely hate to bling-bling my car with over-sized chrome wheels, body lowering, boom box, tinted windows, after market shark fin, fake HID, spoilers, and so on...

That's exactly the type of thing that I hate, as a die hard car guy. I never went through the phase (even when I was 15/16) of wanting the loud exhaust and the chrome with the body kit.

Something like this is what I'm hoping to see from someone here: tasteful but potent high quality upgrades to a car that's worth keeping.

xpress

Reaction score
I'll bite...

I've got an aftermarket exhaust on my V8 5 series... It actually sounds eerily close to my friends Aston Martin V8 Vantage (stock), and therefore wouldn't classify it was "tasteless".

MarcInDentonTx

Reaction score
I replaced the run flat tires with conventional Michelins and added a spare tire kit. Otherwise, bone stock.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
back in the 90s I bought a cr-v and slowly modified it to look jdm, even ordered honda-modulo stuff from japan, upsized the wheels, and all that. all in all that was the biggest waste of my money ever.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Never owned a car but I'll mention what I used to picture myself doing to a car when I bought it (and may still do if I move to a place where owning makes sense)

Obviously it would depend on the car but this is how it would be for something like a golf/gti

Few minor performance upgrades. New suspension (but not dropped...maybe only down an inch max), intake, chip, exhaust (not some fart can **** but something like a borla cat back that stays quiet with a tasteful note), and sway bars.

this would probably be something done over the life of the car...put in the sway bars and enjoy for a bit...then swap the intake and exhaust..etc. It would also depend on the car. Back when I was thinking about it more, these seemed to be the sweet spot on a VW...you could make it extra sporty and responsive without any outside signs. Costs to do this were pretty low over the life of the car but the intake/ecu/exhaust combo gave them a decent boost and you could really tighten up the handling with the sway bars and new suspension.

turboman808

Reaction score
My solstice gxp I've done a few things for performance.
azeins tires and ssr wheels. Hands down the best upgrade for this car. Completely transformed it.
Then I wanted a bit more power and got a solo exhaust and high flow cat and trifecta tune. My guess this added about 100 more tq 80 more hp. so 360 tq and 340 hp
Still a car I can drive every day and have fun with.

My porsche is a stripped out street legal race car. Not much on it thats stock.

My accord? I changed the oil.
bounce2.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A Valentine 1.

mehhhh

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amstokesdb9
^That is a really cool website, never heard of it before.

Yeah BaT rules. Follow them on facebook for daily doses of awesome.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads