or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Ice Hockey
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ice Hockey - Page 27

post #391 of 1368
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
lol @ Balsillie totally kicking Bettman in the nuts with the offer to buy Phoenix.

Bettman is a total douche. I read an interesting conspiracy theory concerning his rise as NHL commissioner. He used to work for the NBA and apparently league officials thought he was useless so they purposely recommended him to the NHL because they knew he would do a terrible job.
post #392 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
...totally kicking Bettman in the nuts...

I think there are a lot of people in this line...
post #393 of 1368
So, with about 3 minutes left in a game we're leading 1-0, Willie Mitchell decides he plays for Chicago now. He gives the puck away, then puts his stick out to re-direct Havlat's shot into our net for a 1-1 tie. He then gives the puck away again to Bolland, who gets a breakaway and almost wins the game. Awesome. I wouldn't be too upset with a 2-2 tie, that's a 3 game series in which we get home ice advantage... but come on, you can really put some pressure on and you give up a chance like that. I'm not impressed.
post #394 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD_May View Post
So, with about 3 minutes left in a game we're leading 1-0, Willie Mitchell decides he plays for Chicago now. He gives the puck away, then puts his stick out to re-direct Havlat's shot into our net for a 1-1 tie. He then gives the puck away again to Bolland, who gets a breakaway and almost wins the game. Awesome.

I wouldn't be too upset with a 2-2 tie, that's a 3 game series in which we get home ice advantage... but come on, you can really put some pressure on and you give up a chance like that. I'm not impressed.

Wow that sucks I am very disappointed. I was at school so fortunately I didn't have to put myself through the torture of watching that.
post #395 of 1368
That Chi-Van series is great and has everything you want in a playoff game.
post #396 of 1368
What do some of you guys think about Bettman's decision to stay in the desert? If hockey is to survive, then it should go to a fan market that will support its team. I think that giving Canada a team would be the best for the NHL, but that asshole wants the team to stay in Phoenix.
post #397 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoneo View Post
What do some of you guys think about Bettman's decision to stay in the desert? If hockey is to survive, then it should go to a fan market that will support its team. I think that giving Canada a team would be the best for the NHL, but that asshole wants the team to stay in Phoenix.

His interest is purely for himself, to not make it look like he made a mistake putting a team in the desert.

Secondly for the fabled "TV rights" in the US. The major US sports networks wouldn't be any more likely of signing on if they moved another team to Canada
post #398 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonick View Post
His interest is purely for himself, to not make it look like he made a mistake putting a team in the desert. Secondly for the fabled "TV rights" in the US. The major US sports networks wouldn't be any more likely of signing on if they moved another team to Canada
Maybe but the Canadians have a history of losing teams too. Did anyone hear about this fan posting that he was going to kill Ovechkin? Troubling, troubling
post #399 of 1368
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff View Post

Did anyone hear about this fan posting that he was going to kill Ovechkin? Troubling, troubling

Not for Pittsburgh
post #400 of 1368
Seriously this is ridiculous what the refs are doing.
post #401 of 1368
This may get embarrassing. . .
post #402 of 1368
WTF BOSTON, canes better not win the cup
post #403 of 1368
The pace of the Bruins/Canes game is crazy. The Canes looks scary good. Glad the Hawks won last night. I think they deserved the win in the end. The Canucks have definitely tighten things up defensively.
post #404 of 1368
I don't know much about hockey, but how ridiculous is Ovechkin's current scoring streak these playoffs? Is it considered epic yet?
post #405 of 1368
F*ck.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Ice Hockey