or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Ice Hockey
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ice Hockey - Page 78

post #1156 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by brlfvr View Post
Holy Sh+te! I don't like Ove but I do feel bad for the fans. Great hockey town. Congrats to the Habs.

Good hockey town? Ever go to a game when they sucked?
post #1157 of 1368
What......an.....upset!
post #1158 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuknu View Post
Good hockey town? Ever go to a game when they sucked?

No I haven't. I was basing that on what I've seen on TV to be truthful. But I think that can be said for most teams. I'm from Chicago originally and as loyal as the Hawks fans can be it got pretty dark there before old man Wirtz died and they were sucking hard.
post #1159 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuknu View Post
Good hockey town? Ever go to a game when they sucked?
I grew up down there. No one went to games until Ovechkin came to town. Nice work Habs.
post #1160 of 1368
I don't watch a lot of Hockey, I know we have one of the best players, but DC is cursed for sports teams. I blame Mark Mosley.
post #1161 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
Round 1

WSH - MTL -> MTL 7
NJD - PHI -> NJD 6
BUF - BOS -> BUF 5
PIT - OTT -> PIT 6

SJS - COL -> SJS 4
CHI - NSH -> CHI 5
VAN - LAK -> VAN 4
PHX - DET -> DET 7


Just thought I would now point out the obvious for the naysayers who were calling for WASH in 4/5/. I was wrong on BOS and PHI but called two of the others.

Go Habs!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post
Wow. There is no way ovechkin's goal should have been waived off.

It's no because they allow other goals with worse interference to stand that it wasn't a good call. Gutsy, yes, but that was definitely goalie interference and he pretty much tripped Hallak with his skate. There were a few others in the other games that should have been called this way and I'm guessing they were reviewed by the officials and that may have been a factor in this call. Either way, it was a good call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuknu View Post
Good hockey town? Ever go to a game when they sucked?

WTF do you know about it? Yes, the fans can be harsh when the team doesn't perform but that's precisely because they care so much about the game and are in fact the greatest hockey town.
post #1162 of 1368
Just for you wankers

post #1163 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
WTF do you know about it? Yes, the fans can be harsh when the team doesn't perform but that's precisely because they care so much about the game and are in fact the greatest hockey town.

Talking about Caps fans there babydoll. OLE OLE OLE
post #1164 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcuknu View Post
Talking about Caps fans there babydoll. OLE OLE OLE

Ah, ok. NM then.

Bring on Sid the Kid and the defending cup champions to play their last game in the Igloo against the Canadiens.

Seriously, I can't make a prediction now because as much as I was confident about the Habs beating the Caps, Pittsburgh is an entirely different matter. My head says PIT will win in 5 but my heart says anything's possible now.
post #1165 of 1368
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
It's no because they allow other goals with worse interference to stand that it wasn't a good call. Gutsy, yes, but that was definitely goalie interference and he pretty much tripped Hallak with his skate. There were a few others in the other games that should have been called this way and I'm guessing they were reviewed by the officials and that may have been a factor in this call. Either way, it was a good call.

Wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
Just for you wankers

We didn't ask for a tranny.
post #1166 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post
Wrong.

Right, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazy View Post
We didn't ask for a tranny.

Better?







post #1167 of 1368
See ya Ovie...

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.
post #1168 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
Right, of course.



Better?

lol the first three are poorly photoshopped.
post #1169 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL72 View Post
Ah, ok. NM then. Bring on Sid the Kid and the defending cup champions to play their last game in the Igloo against the Canadiens. Seriously, I can't make a prediction now because as much as I was confident about the Habs beating the Caps, Pittsburgh is an entirely different matter. My head says PIT will win in 5 but my heart says anything's possible now.
I stopped making predictions, just isn't possible in this sport. Who knows when a nobody become a hero in net? Just look at Brian Boucher who's team almost advanced to the cup finals in 2000, and is playing well now? The only thing that makes the pens dangerous is that they don't have a sieve in net, or mike green manning the blue line. I have watched enough Penguins playoff hockey to know marc andre floppy can get lit up like a Christmas tree just as easily as anyone else. Not saying a word about Boston and philly other than that it should be a hard fought series. Boston was one of the top defensive teams in regards to goals against, and philly had the lowest turnover rate in the first round of the playoffs. It will be a defensive battle.
post #1170 of 1368
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarude View Post
fuck fuck fuck, I hate detroit so much. Damn phoenix

Wow, no love for the octopus?


Then you won't be invited over for a beer.






Kidding aside, any other hockey haven pictures out there? I've got quite a bit of RedWings stuff, but also a lot of hockey stuff in general for my basement.
Go Wings!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Entertainment, Culture, and Sports › Ice Hockey