• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Loafer (truly no-show) Socks

A. Blaine

Reaction score
If you're like me, you can't stand wearing shoes without socks. I've finally come across some good loafer socks (a.k.a. footies, no-show socks, etc.), and I thought I'd share it with everyone. They're available for purchase at Kohl's (link below).

There are a few things that make these socks the best.
1) They are actually true to the name, in that these are fully hidden when wearing loafers/boat shoes.
2) They are partly composed of spandex, and the rim has an elastic band that keeps the sock secured around your foot.
3) There is thin rubber padding on the heel to prevent blisters and slippage. This way the socks actually stay on your feet!

http://66.232.224.2/kohlsStore/handb...iner+Socks.jsp

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Eureka!

brndnwillmz

Reaction score

sdedalus1

Reaction score
yeah, thanks for the heads up--a few additions: 1) they're on sale right now (but were pretty cheap to begin with). 2) use promo code "utake15" to get 15% off your entire order (thru aug 14? 18?). i just bought for cheap some kids (i.e., small) no-show athletic socks at Marshalls as a stopgap, but they show at the top & sides and slip off my ankle. i was just now searching for the best alternative, and so ordered a bunch of these. hope they work out. FWIW, my browser didn't like the security certificate when i followed your link, so i just typed in kohls.com and searched for the "Apt. 9Â
00ae.png
3-pk. Cotton Liner Socks". cheers.
worship.gif

A. Blaine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sdedalus1
yeah, thanks for the heads up--a few additions: 1) they're on sale right now (but were pretty cheap to begin with). 2) use promo code "utake15" to get 15% off your entire order (thru aug 14? 18?). i just bought for cheap some kids (i.e., small) no-show athletic socks at Marshalls as a stopgap, but they show at the top & sides and slip off my ankle. i was just now searching for the best alternative, and so ordered a bunch of these. hope they work out. FWIW, my browser didn't like the security certificate when i followed your link, so i just typed in kohls.com and searched for the "Apt. 9Â
00ae.png
3-pk. Cotton Liner Socks". cheers.
worship.gif

Yeah I had other 'footies' that I bought from Journeys... but I had the same problem with them showing on the sides and the slipping. These certainly solved the issue, hopefully they'll workout for you as well! Edit: brndnwillmz made a great point though. If you have a smaller foot size the Apt9 socks will work fine (as these are designed for women), but for a larger foot size his links provide better alternatives (the bottom link has socks that look very similar to the Apt9 socks; with spandex and heel-pad).

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
More women's clothing? I don't like the way this forum is headed.

In seriousness, what's the appeal? If you don't like socks, don't wear socks. If you do like socks, why flash your ankles?

tinkle60

Reaction score
Falke invisible socks come in mens sizes and you'd practically need to be wearing sandals for them to show.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You've pulled an attractive woman and brought her back to yours. Eventually you'll have to slip your shoes off. How do you do that without revealing the hideous turn-off that are those 'invisible' socks? If you can't wear shoes without socks, don't. </rant>

gyalos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by radicaldog
You've pulled an attractive woman and brought her back to yours. Eventually you'll have to slip your shoes off. How do you do that without revealing the hideous turn-off that are those 'invisible' socks? If you can't wear shoes without socks, don't. </rant>

worship.gif

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amplifiedheat
More women's clothing? I don't like the way this forum is headed.

In seriousness, what's the appeal? If you don't like socks, don't wear socks. If you do like socks, why flash your ankles?

I don't like going sockless but I do not like the look of boat shoes, loafers or sneakers with socks.

Clearly, no-show socks are right for me.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tinkle60
Falke invisible socks come in mens sizes and you'd practically need to be wearing sandals for them to show.

I will try to find them. I use what I believe to be a Spanish brand, and it is OK but tends to show a little and is maybe not 100% comfortable. And I have had very good experiences of "normal" Falke socks.

Looch

Reaction score
1. If you walk around for a while in loafers with no socks it becomes apparent why shoe liners are necessary. Who gives a **** if women also wear them, if they are practical. Women also wear pants and I'm not going to stop wearing pants because my wife does too.
2. Gold toes version are the ****.

A. Blaine

Reaction score
Yeah the gold toe ones look nice. Very expensive though! The Apt. 9 are quite affordable, especially since they are on sale at the moment.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics