Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- WAYWRN Challenge: Do The Spoo Last post on 9/18/11 at 7:57am in Classic Menswear
- How am I doing for a 16 year old? Last post on 5/24/11 at 9:26am in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Voxsartoria's Weekly WAYWRN Subjective and Totally Unfair Digest™ Part II Last post on 6/4/12 at 9:21pm in Classic Menswear
- Dress shirt to wear to interview with a black suit... Last post on 9/4/06 at 6:12pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
In Praise of Navy - Page 15
Styleforum Top Pickspost #212 of 22912/11/12 at 2:55pmpost #213 of 22912/12/12 at 7:30ampost #214 of 2291/16/13 at 6:26ampost #215 of 2291/16/13 at 11:20ampost #216 of 2291/16/13 at 11:56amQuote:
Without a belt it wouldn't be an Ulster though. It seems a lot of the gents at Pitti had this style, including Taka from Liverano & Liverano who just made himself one.post #217 of 2291/16/13 at 12:07pmpost #218 of 2291/16/13 at 12:18pmpost #219 of 2291/16/13 at 12:26pmpost #220 of 2295/6/14 at 4:24ampost #221 of 2295/6/14 at 4:52am
Navy is a fine color. Interestingly, the popularity of blue in men's clothing originated because of its remarkable ability to compliment almost any man's complexion better than the more traditional white and more easily than any less common colors. To this day, most "real" men's dress shirts are either blue, white, or some pattern-y combination of both.
Navy has also been described as a "youthful" color which accentuate youth in the young and give an impression of youthfulness, or at least provide contrast in the aging.
I'm actually in the market for a navy suit, as, unfortunately, I don't actually own a suit yet. (I basically wear the same sportcoat and blazer all the time).
Also, the suit picture Pliny just posted above is, in my opinion, an excellent color, style, and fit.post #222 of 2295/6/14 at 5:33ampost #223 of 2295/6/14 at 6:06amQuote:
It appears to fit quite nicely, but in my opinion shoulders like those call for a lot more build up / padding / drape / what-have-you than that. Suit fosters a very pear-shaped silhouette.post #224 of 2295/6/14 at 6:10ampost #225 of 2295/6/14 at 7:02amQuote:
Lose some weight around the middle, sure. Prefer a soft shoulder tho.
- In Praise of Navy
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?
- › Loro Piana 100% Vicuna Double Faced Peru Rich Brown Suede Trim... 1 second ago
- › Recent Purchases 9 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 59 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › Unipair - Gentlemen's Shoe Boutique - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)