or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Girl Issues, Need Advice vol. infinity
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Girl Issues, Need Advice vol. infinity - Page 5

post #61 of 347
"I'm not fucking your sister, honey?"
post #62 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by makker View Post
blah blah blah


I'm not trying to be mean, but have you noticed how your posts are substantially longer than other posts in this thread? You probably think you're giving more facts and analysis, but that is exactly the problem.

This girl feels safe around you and gets along with you. Congratulations, you have a friend. Please just write her off as anything more because she has already done that. We all get that you really like her, but you will also really like the next girl, and the next one after that. I promise.
post #63 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
"I'm not fucking your sister, honey?"
+? Could you give an example of usage, Matt? The "fucking" seems pushing it in terms of harshness, and I don't think I've heard someone use "honey" outside of using it as an endearment. The inflection is also kind of ambiguous in writing. What's the desired response here? Is this supposed to be a nuclear option that results in the confused/shocked/kinda upset look, her being awkward or stalking off, and then comes back with more respect for you as a man sort of thing? I've got full faith, but I'm short on the comprehension at the moment.
post #64 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by HgaleK View Post
I've got full faith, but I'm short on the comprehension at the moment.

The phrase re-frames the relationship to a point where either she suddenly recognizes you as a man and potential hook-up etc, or she stops talking to you completely and you know she was just using you as "a shoulder to cry on"...

Either answer is better than not knowing and staying in the limbo of "girl I'm attracted to but don't want to make a move because she might reject me, so hopefully if I just hang around long enough she might make a definite move more than just flirting" and waste away nights and weekends when there are better fish in the sea...
post #65 of 347
never mind
post #66 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by HgaleK View Post
+?

Could you give an example of usage, Matt? The "fucking" seems pushing it in terms of harshness, and I don't think I've heard someone use "honey" outside of using it as an endearment. The inflection is also kind of ambiguous in writing. What's the desired response here? Is this supposed to be a nuclear option that results in the confused/shocked/kinda upset look, her being awkward or stalking off, and then comes back with more respect for you as a man sort of thing?

I've got full faith, but I'm short on the comprehension at the moment.

the combination of harshness and loosely condescending endearment is basically what i think makes it work.

example:

"so I reeeeeally like Michael, and sometimes he's so sweet but other times he just.."INTERRUPT RUDELY HERE..."whoa whoa whoa, I'm not your fucking sister honey"
post #67 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
the combination of harshness and loosely condescending endearment is basically what i think makes it work.

example:

"so I reeeeeally like Michael, and sometimes he's so sweet but other times he just.."INTERRUPT RUDELY HERE..."whoa whoa whoa, I'm not your fucking sister honey"

Matt, you are, in fact, the man.
post #68 of 347
I'm with Huntsman, do yourself a favor and skip all the bullshit and ask her out on a real date.

That will tell you right then and there where you stand and you can decide if you still want to waste your time.
post #69 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I am now going to teach you a magical, wonderful, asshole laden phrase to reframe this situation any time. You will get the most stunned looks every time you use it. I say this as someone who has used it many many times, on enough girls to qualify as a representative sample. One of whom is probably reading this, and who has heard it herself:

"I'm not your fucking sister, honey"

Is that when sp lady responds "no, but you are my fucking boyfriend, bitch"
post #70 of 347
You gotta let her know how you feel, either impliedly or expressly by words or action. You are a big pussy that's your problem.
post #71 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
the combination of harshness and loosely condescending endearment is basically what i think makes it work.

example:

"so I reeeeeally like Michael, and sometimes he's so sweet but other times he just.."INTERRUPT RUDELY HERE..."whoa whoa whoa, I'm not your fucking sister honey"

Oh- that's completely different than what I was thinking. Makes much more sense now, and shall be assimilated.
post #72 of 347
You're already screwed, but for future reference: Being "online friends" is only causing you more grief. Seeing someone on chat and wondering why they aren't talking with you is going to drive you nuts. Keep your interaction with her to phone calls or in person interaction.
post #73 of 347
general question, not just to the OP (whose posts in this threak sicken me) do you guys have "girlfriends"? Girls who you just talk/bitch to about things, online/IRL, clearly platonic? I mean, is this the type of shit that is going on these days
post #74 of 347
talking to girls you aren't having sex w/ should be criminal!!!!!!!
post #75 of 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmorel View Post
general question, not just to the OP (whose posts in this threak sicken me) do you guys have "girlfriends"? Girls who you just talk/bitch to about things, online/IRL, clearly platonic? I mean, is this the type of shit that is going on these days

Of course not. It's the same as the olden days, really. Don't you know that men tend to exaggerate when it comes to women?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Girl Issues, Need Advice vol. infinity