• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Egg whites

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've decided to switch over to egg whites. I eat eggs practically every morning but I'm not so sure ingesting all of that cholesterol and saturated fat is a good idea.

With liquid egg whites, do they scramble like real eggs? Or are they all runny?

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are tasteless.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
A few eggs a day won't kill you, Conne. It's the binge drinking, lack of exercise, and otherwise entirely ****** diet that will.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1.) I have maybe a drink a week these days. 2.) I exercise several times a week. 3.) My diet is being improved by the day, as evidenced by my loss of 10 lbs.
smile.gif

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They scramble more or less alright, but the texture and flavor isn't really there. I like the hint of yolk Egg Beaters for that purpose, gives a little better overall experience.

Then again, I eat whole eggs almost all the time. The fat helps you stay full longer, and the saturated fat hasn't been demonstrated to be a problem for healthy people (even if overweight).

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was a bit worried about taste. Knowing me, I'll probably try them tomorrow and then go back to regular eggs.
laugh.gif

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
use them for an omelette. I do this almost every morning and it works very well when you can throw some peppers, meat or cheese in these.

scrambling plain would be...meh.

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
1.) I have maybe a drink a week these days.
2.) I exercise several times a week.
3.) My diet is being improved by the day, as evidenced by my loss of 10 lbs.
smile.gif

Do you eat sweets? Some people I know have dessert on a nightly basis. I can't really go a day without some sort of treat...a cookie or a brownie or a Snickers or whatever. I get nice and high after one of those.
confused.gif

confused.gif

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've decided to switch over to egg whites. I eat eggs practically every morning but I'm not so sure ingesting all of that cholesterol and saturated fat is a good idea.

With liquid egg whites, do they scramble like real eggs? Or are they all runny?

Dietary cholesterol isn't going to cause you an issue, especially if it's only 3-4 eggs a day. The saturated fat won't kill you either. Keep the yolks and cut out other junk. Egg whites make for a generally crappy breakfast and will probably leave you unsatisfied (and thus more likely to eat junk). If nothing else, keep 2 whole eggs and toss in a few yolks.

forStyle

Reaction score
I love them sunny side up. slightly runny. There is a certain taste to them.

Egg yolks have some nutrients too, like choline.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
fwiw I feel sad for yolks that are thrown away. such a waste of yellow yummy goodness.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1.) I have maybe a drink a week these days.
2.) I exercise several times a week.
3.) My diet is being improved by the day, as evidenced by my loss of 10 lbs.
smile.gif

I don't think vigorous masturbation exactly counts as "exercise"...
plain.gif

mm84321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
fwiw I feel sad for yolks that are thrown away. such a waste of yellow yummy goodness.

While in Texas I had a fried egg on top of a steak. It was a first for me. I broke the yolk and it sort of just seeped in through the pores of the meat. Decadent, but quite delicious.

rockofeller

Reaction score
Background: I'm a former personal trainer with a masters degree and sports nutrition is my hobby...

Unless you're trying to gain weight, stick with the whites. You can use 1 egg yolk for flavor, if you like, and you won't really suffer for it - but I personally don't because i enjoy the convenience of using only boxed egg whites. To add flavor to your egg recipes use a pinch of salt or spices. Terragon is great with eggs. Cook them slower to get more fluffiness if that's what you're after (low heat, will take 10-15 min to scramble). Throw a bunch of salsa on top of them - I like to keep a few flavors around. Salsa is low calorie and provides some of the healthy goodness of vegetables (usually mostly tomatoes). Watch out for added sugars in your salsas, however. I wouldn't be surprised if some cheaper brands have these and worse.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads