or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Egg whites
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Egg whites - Page 3

post #31 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
No, they are not that many calories. A whole egg is between 60-80 calories. On what fucking planet does that mean "a lot?"Assuming you eat three eggs, which is fairly filling and very nutritious, that's no more than 250 cal. Please respond logically. Keep in mind that a plate full of egg whites is expensive, extremely bland, probably fucking disgusting, and far from a complete protein.

It isn't sustainable for a person that enjoys food. An egg with a yolk beats it in every conceivable way, and the calories are still very low. Only in fucking america would anyone eat just egg whites. And funny enough, it's fat people doing it.

I totally agree with your main point but how are egg whites not a complete protein?
post #32 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIdler View Post
I totally agree with your main point but how are egg whites not a complete protein?

They lack some of the essential amino acids present in the yolk.
post #33 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Carlos View Post
Egg whites aren't carbs.


Nowhere did I say they were.

The article discusses the misinformation surrounding the adverse health effects of saturated fat and dietary cholesterol. The OP was concerned about eating yolks and the cholesterol contained within them, which is why I posted the link.
post #34 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
They lack some of the essential amino acids present in the yolk.

Egg whites are a complete chain protein, just because they don't have some of the AAs that are found in the yolk doesn't mean they're incomplete chain. Unless you have some data that says otherwise...
post #35 of 92
unless the only protein source you ever eat are egg whites the incomplete aa argument is a total joke
post #36 of 92
How you gonna eat this without the yolks? Yuk. Extra cheese?
post #37 of 92
That plate sure has a lot going on.
post #38 of 92
whats the scoop of beige stuff on the right side?

replace the crap ham with some good bacon and that'd be my ideal breakfast
post #39 of 92
A good shake of Dashi can cure the blandness of eggwhite.
post #40 of 92
A ratio of 1 yolk to 1 egg white also cures the blandness.
post #41 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by SField View Post
No, they are not that many calories. A whole egg is between 60-80 calories. On what fucking planet does that mean "a lot?"Assuming you eat three eggs, which is fairly filling and very nutritious, that's no more than 250 cal. Please respond logically. Keep in mind that a plate full of egg whites is expensive, extremely bland, probably fucking disgusting, and far from a complete protein.

It isn't sustainable for a person that enjoys food. An egg with a yolk beats it in every conceivable way, and the calories are still very low. Only in fucking america would anyone eat just egg whites. And funny enough, it's fat people doing it.

Wow, psycho. Get back on your whatever your doctor prescribed for your rage issues.

Let's say a whole egg is 80 calories. The whites of a whole egg make up about 15 calories. The math is pretty simple. You can eat 3 whole eggs for 240 calories, or let's say 6 eggs' worth of whites for a grand total of 90. That's more food volume, pure protein, at a significant caloric savings.

The rest of your post is stupid speculation and editorialization, not to mention assumptions, assumptions, assumptions.

The numbers don't lie. You can save significant calories on the whites, which has any number of benefits depending on your dietary needs. If you're trying to lose weight, awesome; eat the same volume of egg whites at less than half the calories. If you're just trying to maintain, hey, cool; eat the whites and then add more variety to the breakfast via cheese, bacon, sausage, whatever. You have some spare calories to fill with other options.

And, as has been pointed out, your AA argument is just plain incorrect.

Care to rage further?
post #42 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Carlos View Post
Wow, psycho. Get back on your whatever your doctor prescribed for your rage issues. Let's say a whole egg is 80 calories. The whites of a whole egg make up about 15 calories. The math is pretty simple. You can eat 3 whole eggs for 240 calories, or let's say 6 eggs' worth of whites for a grand total of 90. That's more food volume, pure protein, at a significant caloric savings. The rest of your post is stupid speculation and editorialization, not to mention assumptions, assumptions, assumptions. The numbers don't lie. You can save significant calories on the whites, which has any number of benefits depending on your dietary needs. If you're trying to lose weight, awesome; eat the same volume of egg whites at less than half the calories. If you're just trying to maintain, hey, cool; eat the whites and then add more variety to the breakfast via cheese, bacon, sausage, whatever. You have some spare calories to fill with other options. And, as has been pointed out, your AA argument is just plain incorrect. Care to rage further?
Congratulations, you've sufficiently proven that you have no grasp on the concept of weight loss.
post #43 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm84321 View Post
Congratulations, you've sufficiently proven that you have no grasp on the concept of weight loss.

+1

He gives no regard to nutrients, and the biggest concern of people on a diet; satiety.

Typical, failing american approach to "healthy" eating: Find the best way possible to cram as much volume as possible into as few calories as possible. Stupid.
post #44 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by indesertum View Post
unless the only protein source you ever eat are egg whites the incomplete aa argument is a total joke

I stand corrected. They are simply more nutritious and more satiating.

There's a lot more to weight loss and healthy eating than cutting calories. It's funny how in other parts of the world people have no qualms about eating eggs, yet in the US where 60% of people are appallingly fat, there's a huge market for egg whites. Something doesn't add up.
post #45 of 92
Let's not lose sight of what's really important here, fellas: Conne worrying about the health detriments of eating EGGS, while noting elsewhere that he can't make it a full day without throwing a Snickers down his gullet.

I'm glad kwilk quoted that, because I went to that thread and C&P'ed for use here after reading the OP, only to see upon further reading that I wasn't the only one amused by the contradiction.

And for what it's worth, I eat three or four eggs daily and still have a much smaller waist than when I was avoiding whole eggs in favor of egg whites. You don't need to worry so much about calorie consumption from real food when you aren't throwing candy and other "treats" into your daily diet.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Egg whites