or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What to wear with these pants?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What to wear with these pants?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I just picked up a pair of Modern Amusement dress pants. They are dark grey with fairly subtle blue and lighter grey stripes. 70% wool and 30% polyester. Here's a picture:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/produ...4C9B884273D8EF

I need to pick up a nicer top to wear with these pants. So far, I have been wearing them really casually with a plain blue tshirt and black/white adidas sneakers.

Any suggestions for something to go with those? I was thinking either a black mockneck sweater or a really thin blue cashmere crewneck. I don't really like button up shirts all that much. Just a personal preferance.
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiCole
I just picked up a pair of Modern Amusement dress pants. They are dark grey with fairly subtle blue and lighter grey stripes. 70% wool and 30% polyester. Here's a picture:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/produ...4C9B884273D8EF

I need to pick up a nicer top to wear with these pants. So far, I have been wearing them really casually with a plain blue tshirt and black/white adidas sneakers.

Any suggestions for something to go with those? I was thinking either a black mockneck sweater or a really thin blue cashmere crewneck. I don't really like button up shirts all that much. Just a personal preferance.

Cashmere crewneck is the best of the two choices you've outlined, but I think a really nice slim fit oxford or other buttoned shirt will still be your best bet, have you tried nice fitted ones like Band of Outsiders or similar shirts?
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
I'll try a nice fitted shirt but I doubt I'll like it. I refuse to wear shirts like that untucked with dress pants but I'm not really a fan of the tucked in look either. I'll look around but I probably go with a sweater or something. I was thinking a nice henley shirt might work too.
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiCole
I'll try a nice fitted shirt but I doubt I'll like it. I refuse to wear shirts like that untucked with dress pants but I'm not really a fan of the tucked in look either. I'll look around but I probably go with a sweater or something. I was thinking a nice henley shirt might work too.

Well there are some shirts that are made to be worn untucked because they're cut shorter, you may want to check one of them out... I think something this would look good:



I think the sweater look is ok as well, and I used to do that fairly often, but I think if you're going to do that, you should go with something w/ stripes to make the look a little less monochromatic... something like this would be cool:



or even the blue stripe sweater I was talking about earlier:

post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
I think a striped sweater or striped shirt with striped pants would be too much personally.
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DucatiCole
I think a striped sweater or striped shirt with striped pants would be too much personally.
The pants you're wearing don't really look patterned, and I'm thinking in the dark they won't look anything besides solid black. I can hardly even see the stripes in the front detail picture.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › What to wear with these pants?