If anyone is interested in my ramblings on my P Johnson Tailors experience please see my post here - http://linenforsummertweedforwinter.tumblr.com/post/9389963984/p-johnson-tailors-a-few-days-ago-i-had-my-first
A few additional notes for Style Forum users.
- Tom said they are working on a price list for the website. He said they will be charging for the extras as their margins are very tight. Call them with any questions.
- Here is a breakdown of my pricing order. NOTE - AS HAS BEEN STATED ON THIS SITE MANY TIMES PRICES FOR MTM ARE ON AN INDIVIDUAL ORDER BASIS SO THESE ARE FOR REFERENCE ONLY (also see note above regard pricing). Navy Suit in Loro Piana Four Seasons cloth with AMF Top Stitching - $1375. I think, but do not quote me on this, that hand finished is $200 and 2 weeks more. I might find out next time. Lilac shirt with MOP buttons - $240 ($225 + $15 for MOP buttons), blue shirt with MOP buttons - $240 ($225 + $15 for MOP buttons), white shirt, hand finished, MOP buttons - $285 ($225 +$45 hand finished option + $15 for MOP buttons). Total for 3 shirts and suit - $2140. 50% up front and 50% when kit received. Please only use these for reference, they will be different for everyone and will increase over time I imagine. I put them up because I understand that, like me, the financial side makes a difference to if when one can commission an order.
- If you have an questions relating to price or anything else email or call them. I have found Tom incredibly helpful and more than happy to answer an question.
- They sell Drakes ties which if I remember are priced between $159-169. They also had Rubinacci ties and pocket squares which I think were for sale but did not ask.
- Tom may be the best dressed person I have seen in real life. Excellent representation of the P Johnson Tailors brand. Very friendly, interesting and informative.
I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and looking forward to the results.