• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Similar leather duffel/weekend bag

Knisse

Reaction score
Hi! I could use your help to find me a leather duffel/weekend bag. The once now is Lotuff & Clegg, Louis Vuitton Commanche & Mulberry Clipper I am looking for a similar one, like this;
Lotuff-Clegg-Leather-Bags-and-Accessories-1.jpg
lv-louis-vuitton-utah-commanche-travel-bag-m92530-7adf4.jpg
Could you recommend other similar bags? - in the same price area as the others. Thanks!

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a looooot of duffels out there without knowing your price range. I like Tumi's leather duffel and Filson as always. Looks like you are looking for something a bit more upscale though.

Hermes?

Knisse

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster
There are a looooot of duffels out there without knowing your price range. I like Tumi's leather duffel and Filson as always. Looks like you are looking for something a bit more upscale though. Hermes?
Appriciate your answer, and it doesnt at all have to more upscale, i am just looking for something with a similar look, and if the quality is there the price of course does not need to be as high.
Originally Posted by SVC
If you decide to go for something under $500, L.L. Bean Signature makes a nice leather weekender: http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...tn&cat4=505903
Great! Thank you! I just need as many as possible, since i do not need it immidiatly ill rather have as many as possible and just roam Ebay and other places until i find one i like.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You don't want Hermes, unless you are looking to spend 4,000-10,000 euros for it. Yoox has several nice ones now; do a search at www.yoox.com and see what they have available for your country/shipping area. Especially they have several nice Lardini bags that are similarly styled to the one you posted above. I posted over on the manbag thread that yoox has some coated canvas Franzi duffle bags; retail around 1000 euros on closeout for 195 euros (or $285 in the USA). Nice bags, well made, and an excellent bargain.

Doc4

Reaction score
Check out what Mulholland Bros offer ...

Knisse

Reaction score
Again, thank you very much for your replies. rach2jlc -> It doesnt seem yoox has those bags you mention anymore. Or is the offerings different if your from Europe(Denmark)?

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought two Calabrese bags in the last two weeks from oipolloi on sale. The leather in the small Lipari is not mindblowing, but if you need a small and stylish weekend bag see this one
422-0-L.jpg

or the Medium one in canvas
1955-0-L.jpg

great service from OiPolloi and VAT removal if outside E.U.

Or check Bill Amberg...great if you find something on sale

_ABB_

Reaction score
I've been looking for the "perfect" weekender bag for a while... thanks for these ideas.

Will report back with my purchase.

VelvetGreen

Reaction score
Dear Knisse,

You may be interested in these fellows. They have an interestingly designed, extremely durable, and reasonably priced range of travel gear which looks better the more you use it. It took me a while to decide between the leather and the Scottish tweed...

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Barbour Travel Explorer is somewhat similar. It was sold on Oi Polli for $260, shipped, with a discount code, but they've since sold out. I've seen it sold on ASOS as well, however, for around the same price. Might be worth Googling around for.

Knisse

Reaction score
So many good suggestions, so hard to sort out. Thanks again everyone!
Originally Posted by VelvetGreen
Dear Knisse, You may be interested in these fellows. They have an interestingly designed, extremely durable, and reasonably priced range of travel gear which looks better the more you use it. It took me a while to decide between the leather and the Scottish tweed...
The Explorer and the The Odyssey are amazing. I would appriciate if you posted once you made a purchase.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads