• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

T-Shirts that LAST

ryvac

Reaction score
Yes, we wear them everyday and buy them a lot so give me your opinion about them.
So who do you think makes long lasting/quality T-Shirts? (graphic/non-graphic)

I personally like Abercrombie because their tees last forever.
maybe it's because the vintage look, but the t-shirt I bought 5 years ago still looks as new.
LRG, Hundereds, Stussy & Zoo York tees are ok.

Gap, BananaRepublic, Diesel, DC, RVCA, Billabong, Electic, Quicksilver, Volcom & O'neil are not that great....

UPDATE: So here is a list of tees recomended by two or more people on this forum. It seems like AA had the no.1 vote!

American Apparel Triblend Tees $22 -http://store.americanapparel.net/tr401.html

Abercrombie & Fitch Tees $22-http://www.abercrombie.com/webapp/w...Id=13196&topCategoryId=12202&productId=335462

Unis Tees $48 -http://shop.unisnewyork.com/products/lee-sp11

Velve Sheen Tees 2 for $50-http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=1559

Last edited:

bl@ster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been unhappy with my t-shirts for a long time but can't seem to find any that are thick and well made. The A&F shirts are thick but they have that damn moose logo and the fit on them is absurd. I've been tempted to try LL Bean's t-shirt, but they only have crew neck.

Where can I get good ones?

ryvac

Reaction score
oh Hanes...never even thought they sell quality shirts... for some reason I always though they were cheap stuff so I got to take a look at them. thanks

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A triblends are probably my favorite now, the OG Helmut Lang shirts were pretty nice (high armholes and sleeves, good taper to the cut) but stupid expensive.

nsimp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bl@ster
I've been unhappy with my t-shirts for a long time but can't seem to find any that are thick and well made. The A&F shirts are thick but they have that damn moose logo and the fit on them is absurd. I've been tempted to try LL Bean's t-shirt, but they only have crew neck.

Where can I get good ones?

Dude, it's just a little moose. Who cares? And in my experience, the fit is actually pretty spot on and slim. To each his own, though.

Also, AA. I have tshirts from there that have been through absolute hell over the past few years and are still perfectly fine. Gap's new tshirts are pretty solid, the old ones were ******* ballsack **** and fell apart like nothing.

spaceballs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bl@ster
I've been tempted to try LL Bean's t-shirt, but they only have crew neck.
LL Bean t-shirts are also made out of some sort of water/stain resistant material. This basically means that the shirt simply does not breathe. Like wearing a trash bag around your chest. It took me a few months to figure out that it was the t-shirt and not the weather. Returning all that I bought.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nsimp
Gap's new tshirts are pretty solid, the old ones were ******* ballsack **** and fell apart like nothing.

Have noticed the exact same thing.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryvac
Yes, we wear them everyday and buy them a lot so give me your opinion about them.
So who do you think sells long lasting/quality T-Shirts?

I personally like Abercrombie because their tees last forever.
maybe it's because the vintage look, but the t-shirt I bought 5 years ago still looks as new.
Bathing Ape also has great shirts but they are pricy.
LRG, Hundereds, Stussy & Zoo York tees are pretty thick and I think they last pretty long.

Gap, BananaRepublic, Diesel, DC, RVCA, Billabong, Electic, Quicksilver, Volcom & O'neil are decent but I woun't buy them again.

I live in a hot ass environment so I wear t's constantly, only layer once in a while. My MMM, Raf, Geller, etc tees hold up pretty well, but I wear them on coolish nights, hate to sweat in them. The bulk of my t's are asos scoop necks. $10 bucks a pop and hold up nicely. Some CK V-Necks and JL U necks hold up nicely too. Have a JL in black 3 washes still looking nice, no fades.
When I wore A&F in HS I always found them to be heavy and hard for my body to breath in

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've noticed their colored ones aren't particularly great; should have specified that I was talking about their white v-necks. Since about the turn of the year, the whites have gotten slimmer, thicker fabric, hold up better in the wash, etc. I'm wearing a "best v-neck" in white right now.

Yes, colors still suck. Ballsac thin.

ryvac

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nsimp
Also, AA. I have tshirts from there that have been through absolute hell over the past few years and are still perfectly fine.

what is AA?
American Apparel?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads