• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me pick pick out a blazer for the nightclub!

Nightclubber

Reaction score
Ok, so this will be my first sportcoat purchase. I am going to wear it with jeans and a v-neck underneath...I know absolutely nothing about sizes so I will definitely get it tailored. I am 20 years old and turn 21 in a few weeks and cant wait to start going to upscale clubs. 5'10 185 lbs athletic build. im posting some prospective purchases, let me know what you think, if u dont like them, then give me some good suggestions

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...D1&spc=116

http://www.zappos.com/howe-personal-...lack?zlfid=111

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...LinkType=PDPZ1

http://www.menswearhouse.com/webapp/...LAID=420138135

edit: i notice some are made of wool, polyester, cotton, ect...which is the best material to get?

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I nightclub in polyester, looks crisp and I won't smell like grenades when I kino a HB10.

Nereis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
facepalm.gif

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mens Warehouse, Zappos and Macys....I see you have good style and you'll look great in all the 'upscale' nightclubs!
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

Nightclubber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dmash1080
Mens Warehouse, Zappos and Macys....I see you have good style and you'll look great in all the 'upscale' nightclubs!
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

i live in nashville,Tn so our upscale isnt like LA, NYC , or Miami

PaulYAY

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone should start an official SW&D blazer/sportcoat/suiting thread.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hate to bump this thread, but if you're going into law, then clubbing is the least of your concerns. What's more, how do you plan on looking respectable in any of what you've just posted? Go lurk in MC for a few years, graduate, be poor, make some money by signing with a big firm, and let your work speak for itself.

And for the love, don't ever buy a polyester suit.

And stop making pointless threads
ffffuuuu.gif

Nightclubber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Hate to bump this thread, but if you're going into law, then clubbing is the least of your concerns. What's more, how do you plan on looking respectable in any of what you've just posted? Go lurk in MC for a few years, graduate, be poor, make some money by signing with a big firm, and let your work speak for itself.

And for the love, don't ever buy a polyester suit.

Alot of my buddies go downtown and have fun. I got invited out last week but neglected to go because my wardrobe sucks. Suggest a good blazer for the nightclub, i dont see why noone can answer this. i dont want anything different, just something to help me blend in

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nightclubber
Alot of my buddies go downtown and have fun. I got invited out last week but neglected to go because my wardrobe sucks. Suggest a good blazer for the nightclub, i dont see why noone can answer this. i dont want anything different, just something to help me blend in

This isn't a self-help forum. It's a discussion forum for people who are interested in style and fashion. You clearly aren't.

Nightclubber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
This isn't a self-help forum. It's a discussion forum for people who are interested in style and fashion. You clearly aren't.
where do i go for the self help forum then

Nightclubber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by halisray
******* guido hipster troll trash

haha u are real funny. whats even funnier is you probably spend tons of money on clothes and still look like ****. Get off your high horse u arent better than anyone else

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads