or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Does this look work? (opinions)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Does this look work? (opinions) - Page 2

post #16 of 46
Thread Starter 
I switched to a dark medium grey Thomas Pink shirt and made the tie knot a bit more casual, here are some shots with that, I think the look is a bit less mobsterish: Unbuttoned: Buttoned: Do you think the knot looks too sloppy now? Or is that not a bad thing?
post #17 of 46
Nay on buttoning the first button. As you mentioned its a 2 roll with a 3 stance so leaving the second button undone leaves too long an opening. Things to try: No tie, loose tie with first shirt button undone. Great look by the way, everything fits well on you. Second thought, a nice dark corduroy blazer would set the look youre going for proper.
post #18 of 46
I'd leave the jacket and the top shirt button open. I do think that you should try a different jacket, something a little less structured. Otherwise, I'd lose the tie and keep the jacket.
post #19 of 46
The whole thing looks like you're trying to hard. The point is to look good like you didn't mean to.

The way I'd wear it is ditch the tie, loosen the shirt two buttons, and leave the jacket unbuttoned when you're wearing jeans.
post #20 of 46
IMHO: fit not an issue with this look, it's good enough. BUT: the shirt/tie is too neat&formal for the rest of it. And, that shirt/tie comb has had it's day (regis on that millionaire show killed it).

All that being said, that jacket & those jeans would be a great combo with the right top. Something a little less "pressed" than what you've got there.

Take this with a grain of salt: i'm *way* out of the loop clubwise.
post #21 of 46
The tie is too wide for clubwear. (And it's tied too short.) Get a skinny tie if you want to do that. The colors match the shirt a bit too well, too. Even for clubbing, remember the "two plain, one fancy" rule -- one of shirt, jacket and tie ought to stand out a bit. Also: Wider knots are dressier knots. Just tie a four-in-hand if you want to loosen it off.

See, "no tie" is much easier

The button situation on that jacket is bizarre. You could always have a tailor add a third button and a buttonhole below the bottom one, I guess.
post #22 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendel
The tie is too wide for clubwear. (And it's tied too short.) Get a skinny tie if you want to do that. The colors match the shirt a bit too well, too. Even for clubbing, remember the "two plain, one fancy" rule -- one of shirt, jacket and tie ought to stand out a bit. Also: Wider knots are dressier knots. Just tie a four-in-hand if you want to loosen it off.

See, "no tie" is much easier

The button situation on that jacket is bizarre. You could always have a tailor add a third button and a buttonhole below the bottom one, I guess.

Actually that is a pretty thin tie (2.75") from Gucci. It's definitely not meant for business, and that is a four in hand knot, it's pretty narrow, just not tied very tight.
post #23 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendel
The button situation on that jacket is bizarre. You could always have a tailor add a third button and a buttonhole below the bottom one, I guess.

I'm not so sure about adding a third button... keep it unbuttoned. Not only does it look more casual, but as mentioned before, the jacket is a little tight, and the middle button done up creates lines that point towards the gut.

I like the lighter shirt under the blazer instead of the black one.

The jeans still though.
post #24 of 46
Can I see it with the new shirt, jacket open, no tie?
post #25 of 46
Thread Starter 
Ya i'm going to post more pics of that look with some variations later today.
post #26 of 46
I dig the look, thats about what I am going for (but I have yet to find the perfect jacket). I agree with above go no tie, top 2 buttons of the shirt undone, perhaps a lighter shirt or different color.
post #27 of 46
Thread Starter 
Ok a few more pictures: BTW I'm aware the Varvatos sleeves are too long and the Brioni are too short. Theory blazer, no tie, jacket unbuttoned, top 2 buttons undone: Varvatos black cotton blazer, buttoned: Varvatos, unbuttoned: Brioni pinstripe blazer:
post #28 of 46
Brioni pinstripe blazer pic is my favourite look out of the lot. But the sleeves i think are too short hehe? The other blazers in the other pics imo looks too formal. Maybe a different colour other than charcoal or black would flow better with the denim. ps i didn't read the thread so my assumption is based on you wanting a smart casual look.
post #29 of 46
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by swooc
Brioni pinstripe blazer pic is my favourite look out of the lot. But the sleeves i think are too short hehe? The other blazers in the other pics imo looks too formal. Maybe a different colour other than charcoal or black would flow better with the denim. ps i didn't read the thread so my assumption is based on you wanting a smart casual look.

This outfit is kinda for elegant clubbing, I'm just playing with different looks right now, I was using a tie earlier but people wanted to see looks without it. I don't really want the look to be overly casual.
post #30 of 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
This outfit is kinda for elegant clubbing, I'm just playing with different looks right now, I was using a tie earlier but people wanted to see looks without it. I don't really want the look to be overly casual.

the theory outfit is fine, don't mess up your finer suits for clubbing, you're gonna get alcohol and shit all over it
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Does this look work? (opinions)