or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Santoni for Dunhill. UK size 8. Never worn/boxfresh
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Santoni for Dunhill. UK size 8. Never worn/boxfresh

post #1 of 54
Thread Starter 
My second attempt at posting these, I'm more au fait with the rules now, apologies for ballsing up the first time round! So… These shoes are a collaboration between Alfred Dunhill and Santoni shoe makers in Italy. If you know either of these brands then it will not be necessary to explain the quality of these shoes any more than stating they are amazing. In a similar vein, i'll let the pictures do the talking regards the design. I'll simply give you the details you'll need to make an informed decision; UK size 8 (EUR 42) - F width. I don't know how this translates to US sizing, hopefully somebody could assist. Never worn (unfortunately) and so boxfresh condition. Full leather, upper, sole & sock. More particularly, Cordovan upper leather, sublime. I think this is perhaps what sets these Dunhill editions apart from a standard Santoni of this model. Can't be 100% sure on that. --- updated measurements: full length, heel to toe= 31.8 cm / width (measuring the sole where the ball of the foot is= 11cm --- After seeing how stunning these shoes looked, I took a punt and asked my friend at Dunhill to get me a pair as I knew they were limited edition. Unfortunately, it backfired a bit and they're slightly too small for me. Alas, here they are... I wasn't sure what to do with them at first, but it appears StyleForum is the perfect platform to find the shoes a new owner. I previously stated that I was open to offers, my first forum error. So, in order to get a sale, I'm pricing them to sell at 50% of retail pice (£800 GBP), yours for £400 GBP ($650 US). --- regards a reply below from ThinkDerm, raising the question of limited edition or not, i've never bought nor seen limited edition Santoni's of the boxed variety your picture illustrates, way out of my league unforunately! but what i'm saying here is that these shoes were very much a limited run/edition for Dunhill. They're not even sold anymore. As far as i'm aware, it's been the only collaboration between the two brands in recent years. So in that respects i'd say they were limited edition... just perhaps not the kind of 'limited edition Santoni's' you've illustrated. --- Any questions, or requests for accurate measurements or more pics, feel free to ask.  I'll ship anywhere and will cost for postage according to your location and insurance needs.
post #2 of 54
Do you have measurements - length and width on these shoes? You can answer by editing your original post, don't answer by writing another post (which will bump up this thread, which cannot be done unless there's a 5% drop). More rules. Lovely shoes, BTW.
post #3 of 54
Again, AWESOME shoes, friend.

FYI, it's mainly the Norvegese stitch & the fact that they are mostly handmade that makes these shoes "Limited Edition" as opposed to other Santoni "Fatte A Mano" lines.

Also, the sizing for Santoni Ltd Edition is different from most UK to US conversions (1 size up to US size, generally). These size up a full 1 1/2 sizes up (at the "F" width, at least). My 2 pairs of Ltd Editions that are a UK 7F fit like a ROOMY 8 1/2 US.

By the way, the shell on Santoni Ltd Editions is really nice. I've seen only one other pair with shell, and they were fabulous.
post #4 of 54
These really look gorgeous. If they were my size, I'd be well tempted. The general shape of them looks excellent.
post #5 of 54
Those are amazing. You say they are too small on you, what size do you usually take?
post #6 of 54
can you post length and width measurement, I think this might fit 9.5~US, if Dunhill follow the same sizing as how Santoni LTD has it. \\ Edit: Never mind, just saw the measurement, I am going to guess this fits 9.5~10 US? What do you wear in other brand such as Edward Green/Crockett and Jones/Vass/Lobb
post #7 of 54
So is the asking price £400 or the paid price £400?
post #8 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry2quinn View Post
So is the asking price £400 or the paid price £400?

Although I could be wrong, I got the impression that he paid way over £400.
post #9 of 54
8 in those is a large 9.5/10 in EG. I had exact shoes purchased @ Santoni Milan size 7.5 , I wear 9/9.5 in EG.
post #10 of 54
for sure that is a US 9.5 and for sure it is raining shoes here today. More to the point shoes that fit me
post #11 of 54
these are not limited editions - they are fatte a mano - and are labeled as such the limited editions have different boxes - even for dunhill, and come with waxes, laces, shoe horn, etc
post #12 of 54
limited edition santoni shoe box. to clarify - these are not limited editions in the above listing
post #13 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post


limited edition santoni shoe box. to clarify - these are not limited editions in the above listing

From what I've been told (and seen), the Limited Edition box, bags, and special label is a relatively new package offered by Santoni. A part of their exclusively marketing their "top-of-the-Santoni-lines models, and separating them from the rest of the FAM models (some of which have begun to be "not so special", ie: blake stitched, etc).

Before the "Ltd Ed package", certain Santoni FAM models were considered "limited Edition" (mostly handmade + made in relatively small batches) and others were not. All of the pre-"Ltd Ed Package" models were:

1) either norvegese or bentivegna constructed

&

2) had the FAM tan sock with the serrations around them.

I cannot speak to exactly what these shoes are, but they look VERY SIMILAR to some of my older Limited Edition models. Given the Norvegese stitch and serrated tan sock, I would tend to believe they are Ltd Ed.
post #14 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by isshinryu101 View Post
From what I've been told (and seen), the Limited Edition box, bags, and special label is a relatively new package offered by Santoni. A part of their exclusively marketing their "top-of-the-Santoni-lines models, and separating them from the rest of the FAM models (some of which have begun to be "not so special", ie: blake stitched, etc).

Before the "Ltd Ed package", certain Santoni FAM models were considered "limited Edition" (mostly handmade + made in relatively small batches) and others were not. All of the pre-"Ltd Ed Package" models were:

1) either norvegese or bentivegna constructed

&

2) had the FAM tan sock with the serrations around them.

I cannot speak to exactly what these shoes are, but they look VERY SIMILAR to some of my older Limited Edition models. Given the Norvegese stitch and serrated tan sock, I would tend to believe they are Ltd Ed.

the ones for sale here are orange sock, and santoni had the limited edition cases as of 5+ years ago - if you do a search on SF, you see the ltd edition inside


http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=102245

in this SF thread of 2004, mentions that limited editions come with their own lasted trees, and special boxes. unless these shoes are older than 2004, which I doubt, these are NOT limited editions.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=102245

This is an example of the limited edition sole:



and regarding the welt, other non-limited edition fatte a mano santonis are made with norvegese as shown here:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=218329

so norvegese welt alone does not mean much.
post #15 of 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkDerm View Post
in this SF thread of 2004, mentions that limited editions come with their own lasted trees, and special boxes. unless these shoes are older than 2004, which I doubt, these are NOT limited editions.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=102245

Not to be a wise-ass, but that thread is from 2009, not 2004.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › Santoni for Dunhill. UK size 8. Never worn/boxfresh