or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? - Page 64

post #946 of 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreppyJ View Post
 

Worst fall presale in years. Not only does the discount stop at 30% before the kicker (used to go up to 40%), but the selection is absolutely horrible. I really hope they add many more items when the sale "officially" starts

 

Indeed.

 

Very disappointed.

post #947 of 957
What does RL do for black friday usually?

Do they ever do a 30% off (or 40% off) all items, including clearance/sale items? I am looking at some RLPL clearance stuff, but it looks like the 25% off from the Columbus Day sale was better than the current 15% (since the 30% reduction only applied to regular priced items).
post #948 of 957
The past several Black Fridays they've just done some additional percentage off sale stuff.
Also, the Black Friday deal has been available in store starting Tuesday or something like that.
post #949 of 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

how are the shetland sweaters?

I picked one up in navy. Hopefully it's pretty decent. Starting price at $125 is less than half of J Press's Shaggy Dogs so we shall see. $75 was worth a shot. Pick up two for free shipping and you cal always return in store if you want. 

post #950 of 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWTeal View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post

how are the shetland sweaters?
I picked one up in navy. Hopefully it's pretty decent. Starting price at $125 is less than half of J Press's Shaggy Dogs so we shall see. $75 was worth a shot. Pick up two for free shipping and you cal always return in store if you want. 

Oh nooooos, they have elbow patches !
post #951 of 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy_golfing View Post


Oh nooooos, they have elbow patches !

 

Yeah it's kind of weird. I read that on "Die, Workwear!" but the photos of the Navy one didn't have elbow patches. I also didn't read anything on the description about them. I'll let you know when it comes in. 

post #952 of 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreppyJ View Post

Worst fall presale in years. Not only does the discount stop at 30% before the kicker (used to go up to 40%), but the selection is absolutely horrible. I really hope they add many more items when the sale "officially" starts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv2177 View Post

I echo this. Nothing really worth buying here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu00a View Post

Indeed.

Very disappointed.

They've gotten progressively more disappointing each year for the the past 3-4 years. I used to load up twice a year (spring and fall) during the 40% 30% +15% sales. I believe I bought one sportshirt in the spring. Haven't looked at what's on sale this time yet.
post #953 of 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by PreppyJ View Post

Worst fall presale in years. Not only does the discount stop at 30% before the kicker (used to go up to 40%), but the selection is absolutely horrible. I really hope they add many more items when the sale "officially" starts

well, what exactly were you expecting?

It's almost as if any sale that doesn't have $5K RLPL suits for $250 is considered terrible........the deals had back in 2008/2009 were one and done. People need to accept this.

The current sale would save you about $150 on a cashmere sweater.......unless you're the type who walks over $150 if you were to see it laying on the sidewalk?
post #954 of 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post


well, what exactly were you expecting?

It's almost as if any sale that doesn't have $5K RLPL suits for $250 is considered terrible........the deals had back in 2008/2009 were one and done. People need to accept this.

The current sale would save you about $150 on a cashmere sweater.......unless you're the type who walks over $150 if you were to see it laying on the sidewalk

 

No, I never said this. What I am saying is that this sale used to be much better, even last year, and has been getting progressively worse. The percentage has clearly gone done, but what I am most disappointed in is simply the very small amount that was included. In the past sales, most of the fall collection would be include. This year, a pretty small fraction. Most of the items I was planning on purchasing will end up being heavily discounted eventually, it would have traditionally already been though. 

post #955 of 957
This sale is good enough for me to pick up some staple Polo items i have always wanted, but i will wait for a sale like the recent Columbus Day sale to pick up some RLPL sale items i like...
post #956 of 957

Everytime I see "select items" I know the sale will blow, which is basically all the time. 

post #957 of 957

Did anyone notice how the pre-sale dropped to 40+15 for some items and then the prices went back up to 30+15? This happened today.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?