or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? - Page 72

post #1066 of 1114

Annoying that RL has a certain set of prices for their "early access" to Private Sale, and then now advertises "additional 15% off sale price!" but then increased their "sale prices" so that the 15% off brings them back to almost exactly what the "early access" pricing was.

 

I know this is a very common practice, it's just annoying and it feels like the company/companies think we're idiots.

post #1067 of 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackInTheJox View Post
 

Annoying that RL has a certain set of prices for their "early access" to Private Sale, and then now advertises "additional 15% off sale price!" but then increased their "sale prices" so that the 15% off brings them back to almost exactly what the "early access" pricing was.

 

I know this is a very common practice, it's just annoying and it feels like the company/companies think we're idiots.


The problem is, most people do fall for this and it does work.

 

 

Wasn't it JC Penny who was completely unsuccessful for selling things at a normal every day average price with no sales at what most of their sales would have end up costing. People like to see and feel they are getting something for less. The word sale makes people feel good, the word sale makes people want to buy more. Use the word sale and most will fall for it over and over and over again.

 

Part of the problem is that most don't track the actual cost difference on some of these items like you have. They're not seeing the non difference in actual cost from one day to the next. They may have only seen the advertisement for this particular sale.

 

I only have one word for you and its called SALE.

 

 

Just think Joseph A Banks. Odd however this weekend they are actually having their last buy one get three free SALE.

post #1068 of 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
 


The problem is, most people do fall for this and it does work.

 

 

Wasn't it JC Penny who was completely unsuccessful for selling things at a normal every day average price with no sales at what most of their sales would have end up costing. People like to see and feel they are getting something for less. The word sale makes people feel good, the word sale makes people want to buy more. Use the word sale and most will fall for it over and over and over again.

 

Part of the problem is that most don't track the actual cost difference on some of these items like you have. They're not seeing the non difference in actual cost from one day to the next. They may have only seen the advertisement for this particular sale.

 

I only have one word for you and its called SALE.

 

 

Just think Joseph A Banks. Odd however this weekend they are actually having their last buy one get three free SALE.

 

Agreed.  I actually had 4 or 5 tabs open in Chrome from ~3 days ago, all items I was considering from the Private Sale.  This morning I saw the main page had the sale "public" with the addition of 15% off.  I refreshed each individual tab and watched the price jump as soon as it loaded - it was kind of funny, in a depressing way.

post #1069 of 1114

could i expect Polo sport coats and suits to be part of an upcoming designer sale?

post #1070 of 1114

I wish the Polo camel hair blazer would go on clearance like yesterday. Way overpriced but I want it.

post #1071 of 1114
Anyone know if RL does the in store markdowns right after Christmas, or is it later? I can't recall....
post #1072 of 1114

edited .


Edited by letsgofire - 12/30/15 at 9:01am
post #1073 of 1114
edited.

Edited by letsgofire - 12/30/15 at 9:01am
post #1074 of 1114
anyone popped in store lately? I believe the current online sale is slated to go until 1/14, but not sure what's happening in the stores. I'll try to get into the Chicago store sometime this week and report back.

Hoping to catch some steep discounts on suits.
post #1075 of 1114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post

anyone popped in store lately? I believe the current online sale is slated to go until 1/14, but not sure what's happening in the stores. I'll try to get into the Chicago store sometime this week and report back.

Hoping to catch some steep discounts on suits.

At the Chicago store, there are a lot of Purple and Black Label items that have marked down prices, probably around 60% I'd say. Some of the Polo items are cheaper in store than on the website. I got a cashmere cable knit sweater for 200 USD instead of the 280 the website is currently charging. Unclear to me if there is an additional sale coming after the 14th.

 

Worth a visit for sure. 

post #1076 of 1114
So is there an expected sale on the 14th? I went to the Mansion yesterday and they had a few stuff on sale but only about 50% although some RLBL were on sale. I was hoping to catch mroe around 75% smile.gif
post #1077 of 1114

Winter clearance should start any day now

post #1078 of 1114
Hey guys,

Can somebody share contact deetz for an RL associate they've dealt with in the past? Want to inquire about some items.
post #1079 of 1114
Shawn Young at RL Beverly Hills - knowledgeable and friendly. I've misplaced his card so I don't have his direct number. The store phone number is (310) 281-7200.
post #1080 of 1114

Which RL store generally would offer better tailoring for a RLBL suit? SoHo or the Mansion?

 

Also, sidenote.. never though I'd see such strong discounts on RL like this (I've been buying since 2009). Whats happened?

 

Also, seeing Purple Label sold at retailers such as Barneys. Interesting 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale?