• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

San Diego Shopping Thread

adidasfan

Reaction score
For those of us who are in Americas Finest City and are unable to make
it to Los Angeles for our shopping needs.
Wanted to find out what are considered the top mens clothing shops.
Most of them I am assuming are gonna be corporate places (Puma, Nordstrums,
outlet malls) but some independent places might be here as well.

osadolor619

Reaction score
Originally Posted by adidasfan
For those of us who are in Americas Finest City and are unable to make
it to Los Angeles for our shopping needs.
Wanted to find out what are considered the top mens clothing shops.
Most of them I am assuming are gonna be corporate places (Puma, Nordstrums,
outlet malls) but some independent places might be here as well.

It depends on the product... Outlets, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Off Saks 5th Ave, Ralph Lauren in La Jolla... just depends on what you're looking for. There are a couple boutiques downtown that I haven't been to yet. There's a Barney's Co-Op at Fashion Valley Mall.

SureShopApparel

Reaction score
San Diego has some amazing boutiques for men. Definatly check out the Hillcrest district on University Ave.
There is trendy boutiques for every type of guy.
Three really amazing stores come to mind House Boi and Pure Boutique. and one in north park called Material

I hope that helps! I would definatly recommend these stores over the big chain stores because they have really unique, trendy clothing and you are supporting your community
smile.gif

SureShopApparel

Reaction score
There are some thrift store on that street, but not the ones i recommended. mabye you should give hillcrest another try its been getting better and better. There are plenty of high end boutiques. They have great clothes from dressy to casual. I live in LA but never have been dissapointed when i travel down to San Diego. Gasslamp district has some trendy stores as well.
Were do you do your shopping Handsometigers?

loreley

Reaction score
J. Crew factory in Las Americas outlet Co-op @ Fashion Valley are the two the struck me first

handsometigers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SureShopApparel
There are some thrift store on that street, but not the ones i recommended. mabye you should give hillcrest another try its been getting better and better. There are plenty of high end boutiques. They have great clothes from dressy to casual. I live in LA but never have been dissapointed when i travel down to San Diego. Gasslamp district has some trendy stores as well. Were do you do your shopping Handsometigers?
Oh for sure there are plenty of neat boutiques (mostly for women) in San Diego. I just wear levis and button ups. the internet doesn't dress me haha
foo.gif

osadolor619

Reaction score
Originally Posted by handsometigers
Hillcrest only has overpriced "thrift clothing stores." San Diego does suck for clothing. All about board shorts and tanks here.

Yo, I've never worn board shorts or tanks and I've been in this ***** my whole life. I don't even wear board shorts to tha beach. The white boys in PB or SDSU do wear that but they don't represent tha whole city.

Whiskey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by osadolor619
Yo, I've never worn board shorts or tanks and I've been in this ***** my whole life. I don't even wear board shorts to tha beach. The white boys in PB or SDSU do wear that but they don't represent tha whole city.

ohh, you are the swim in mesh basketball shorts at the beach type
eh.gif

Jpreme87

Reaction score
The only thing good is J.Crew @ Fashion Valley. and there was a store in downtown called Commissary that catered 'sartorial/street wear types' since there is no market, closed down. If you're looking for shoes try Blends on Market St.

osadolor619

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Whiskey
ohh, you are the swim in mesh basketball shorts at the beach type
eh.gif

Actually yea...
bigstar[1].gif

Any other questions or comments?

thenanyu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SureShopApparel
San Diego has some amazing boutiques for men. Definatly check out the Hillcrest district on University Ave.
There is trendy boutiques for every type of guy.
Three really amazing stores come to mind House Boi and Pure Boutique. and one in north park called Material

I hope that helps! I would definatly recommend these stores over the big chain stores because they have really unique, trendy clothing and you are supporting your community
smile.gif

Those stores are garbage. Please don't spam that crap.

UserName84

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thenanyu
Those stores are garbage. Please don't spam that crap.

Seriously I was in Hillcrest for a year and there is nothing there for good clothes. Those places suck.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads