or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Shamrock Shake season
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Shamrock Shake season

post #1 of 16
Thread Starter 
The only time to go McDonald's all year is here - Shamrock Shake season! Here's a helpful Shamrock Shake locator -

http://www.shamrockshake.com/shamrock.shake
post #2 of 16
I've never heard of a Shamrock Shake. Is it green, and what's the flavor?
post #3 of 16
best news all day. Im rigid!!!
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayJay View Post
I've never heard of a Shamrock Shake. Is it green, and what's the flavor?

The Shamrock Shake, a green, mint-flavored milkshake, is a seasonal dessert sold at McDonald's during March to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. The Shamrock Shake was first introduced in 1970, and is credited with helping pave the way for other seasonal drinks, including Starbucks Coffee's pumpkin spice and eggnog lattes. The ingredient list for the shamrock shake syrup includes high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, sugar, natural flavor (plant source), xanthan gum, citric acid, sodium benzoate (preservative), yellow 5, blue 1. These are not the same ingredients included in the vanilla shake syrup.

-wikipedia
post #5 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunLovinStyle View Post
The ingredient list for the shamrock shake syrup includes high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, water, sugar, natural flavor (plant source), xanthan gum, citric acid, sodium benzoate (preservative), yellow 5, blue 1.



Sounds delicious.
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nil View Post


Sounds delicious.

post #7 of 16
BTW: on my way home from class last night, I stopped at Chick-fil-a and got a banana pudding shake. Holy hell that is good stuff. They even have the crunchy wafer bits in there.
post #8 of 16
Unfortunately McD's made some major changes to the Shamrock Shake this year and really fucked it up.

It used to be a pretty thick shake, but now it's a lot more watery and runny. They also added whipped cream and a cherry on top for some reason, and they're serving it in the "McCafe" cups instead of the standard soda cups, so a "large" is actually even smaller than a "medium" used to be.
post #9 of 16
you mean the cup didn't have a vaguely offensive Irish Grimace on it?
post #10 of 16
This is the worst time of the year.

Whenever it's Shamrock Shake season, every McDonald's shake machine in a 20 mile radius from where I live magically breaks.

Such a tease.
post #11 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post
The only time to go McDonald's all year is here - Shamrock Shake season! Here's a helpful Shamrock Shake locator -

http://www.shamrockshake.com/shamrock.shake

Nice! My local McD's is on that list. I'm therrr!
post #12 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce330 View Post
Unfortunately McD's made some major changes to the Shamrock Shake this year and really fucked it up.

It used to be a pretty thick shake, but now it's a lot more watery and runny. They also added whipped cream and a cherry on top for some reason, and they're serving it in the "McCafe" cups instead of the standard soda cups, so a "large" is actually even smaller than a "medium" used to be.

Why must every company ruin every thing I hold dear?
post #13 of 16
I had never heard of the Shamrock Shake. I will now seek one out. How minty is this motherfucker? I have an version to foods that are overwhelming, particularly when peppermint oil is involved.
post #14 of 16
I must find me a Shamrock Shake. It sounds good.
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by js4design View Post
The only time to go McDonald's all year is here - Shamrock Shake season! Here's a helpful Shamrock Shake locator - http://www.shamrockshake.com/shamrock.shake
This is incorrect. It is always a good time to go to McDonald's, however, some times of the year are better than others. The Shamrock Shake is one of those times. The McRib is another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunLovinStyle View Post
you mean the cup didn't have a vaguely offensive Irish Grimace on it? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
This is awesome!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel › Shamrock Shake season