• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

E Zegna milano fit

answerman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intfxdx
How is the fit of E Zegna milano fit ? . do you think that 500$ is too much for a nwt navy with subtle plaid also in navy suit ?

It's Zegna's most modern, athletic fit. Not a very "Zegna" fit. The only Zegna model I can wear, for example. $500 sounds like a good price to me.

Redwoood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep.
It has a narrower waist and slightly lower buttoning point than the Roma, with a generous chest.
If you are top-heavy and find that most other suits are tight around the chest with lapels that splay open, a Mila may be just the thing for you.
And at $500, I'd buy two. But I know how they fit. If you never tried one on, it's always risky.
Is that an ebay thing, or where did you find it?

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Milano is the basic Zegna fit. Zegna being a northern company. The Roma is the exception not the rule.

Fit the shoulders are a touch smaller then the Roma. In general cut a little closer. Drop can vary quite a bit. I've got drop 9 jackets in the Milano.

OTOH if you don't know how the Roma fits I'm not sure if this helps you much.

intfxdx

Reaction score
yes i found it on ebay, i will ask the guy for measurements. just one last question, it has finished sleeves, there are buttonholes but not yet opened, what should i do if i want for shortening sleeves in that cas ? normally i need 2.5" shortening.

tj100

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Milano is the basic Zegna fit. Zegna being a northern company. The Roma is the exception not the rule.

The Roma is Zegna's 'traditional' fit - it's been in the line forever. Milano is the slimmer fit, which debuted, IIRC in ~2008.

My guess would be that despite their origins in Milan, most of their business has been making business suits for the less fashion-forward crowd...

malat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intfxdx
yes i found it on ebay, i will ask the guy for measurements. just one last question, it has finished sleeves, there are buttonholes but not yet opened, what should i do if i want for shortening sleeves in that cas ? normally i need 2.5" shortening.

$500 is an amazing price. Beware, if you have a more athletic build, with big arms, shoulders, wide chest, etc, the Milano has slightly higher and narrower arm holes than the Roma.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tj100
My guess would be that despite their origins in Milan, most of their business has been making business suits for the less fashion-forward crowd...

Which for an Northern Italian firm like Zegna would be the Milano not the central Italian inspired Roma.

tj100

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nicola
Which for an Northern Italian firm like Zegna would be the Milano not the central Italian inspired Roma.

I suppose we can debate with them how they have misnamed their models over recent history, but 'Roma' is the older, classic model and 'Milano' is their "new", less traditional model.

Harper

Reaction score
If you like the fit of RLBL (modern/slimmer) you will be happy with the Milano fit. If you think RLBL is trendy crap you should stick with the Roma fit.

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the Milano had much less shoulder padding than the Roma, which is more traditional in its cut....is that true?

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael34
$500 sounds even more than a great price. I think it is a killer price.
+1. Pics please - and can others get this suit at $500 or is it just the only one?

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Milano from a fellow SF'er. I wont say the price b/c it's beyond a steal and this will make you envious
tongue.gif
I went to the E Zegna store in Beverly HIlls before sending payment to try it on. The fit of the suit "fits" me. As someone said, their arm holes are higher than the Roma and the the other (forgot the name) line. The waist is slimmer and overall its a slimmer fit than their mainline suits. I actually think its slimmer than their Couture's as well.

Overall, the Milano is such a beautiful suit that I'd buy more. Honestly, I'm a huge fan of E Zegna and cannot understand why other SF'ers arent. I highly recommend it but once again, you've to determine if it will fit you. Go to your local E Zegna store and try one on. Maybe this will help you. I'm 5'10 165 and I've very little body fat due to dieting and working out. My chest is about a 43 and my shoulders are . . . I think a 19 or 19 1/4. Waist is 32. I bought this in a 42R and it fits me to a T except I need to shorten the arms a little.

PM me if you've other questions.

Cheers

malat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by k4lnamja

Overall, the Milano is such a beautiful suit that I'd buy more. Honestly, I'm a huge fan of E Zegna and cannot understand why other SF'ers arent. I highly recommend it but once again, you've to determine if it will fit you. Go to your local E Zegna store and try one on. Maybe this will help you. I'm 5'10 165 and I've very little body fat due to dieting and working out. My chest is about a 43 and my shoulders are . . . I think a 19 or 19 1/4. Waist is 32. I bought this in a 42R and it fits me to a T except I need to shorten the arms a little.

PM me if you've other questions.

Cheers

Agreed. I'm a big fan of Zegna as well. They are beautiful suits. I really wanted a particular Milano for my wedding last year, but ended up going with a well-tailored Roma). I'm 5'9 175 (athlete in college, little body fat) and the jacket of the Milano was just not generous enough in the arms and shoulders for my build. I went with a Roma E. Zegna, and after some alterations to re-shape the pants etc, it came out great.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics