or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 280

post #4186 of 4204
AlanSee99,

Here is an example using 100% Belgian linen of what I meant by mitered corners - note the stitches should be tight, even and barely visible and the rolled edges should also be straight and even.






The pocket square should be balanced which is something that seems like a small point but takes time to get just right.

Normally one person sew the edges and another checks, and then it is checked again two more times; if anything is wrong - even a single stitch the pocket square needs to be taken apart and redone.

You can see the balance here:



post #4187 of 4204
post #4188 of 4204
post #4189 of 4204

Since you are looking for a very special linen pocket square, may i propose this one?

 

 

 

and here personalized

 

 

post #4190 of 4204

My pocket squares were getting out of control in my drawer so I stole this idea from someone in this thread (too lazy to find him) and got me a jar. 

 

post #4191 of 4204
'Twas me. I am generally happy with the solution, but I think a number of smaller jars would be more convenient than the large jar I'm using now.
post #4192 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

'Twas me. I am generally happy with the solution, but I think a number of smaller jars would be more convenient than the large jar I'm using now.

So far, so good for me. Why would smaller ones work better in your case?

post #4193 of 4204
Easier to locate a particular square I'd imagine.

Butch, do you organize the squares, or just all in one bowl?
post #4194 of 4204
All in one, and probably too many for the size of the vessel.
post #4195 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgereghty View Post

Easier to locate a particular square I'd imagine.

Butch, do you organize the squares, or just all in one bowl?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbutch View Post

All in one, and probably too many for the size of the vessel.

Oh I see, I guess I don't have enough squares yet to be able to relate. #Goals

post #4196 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by vriche View Post
 

My pocket squares were getting out of control in my drawer so I stole this idea from someone in this thread (too lazy to find him) and got me a jar. 

 

 

I really like this and I'm thinking of doing the same.

Maybe as @sugarbutch mentioned, a number of smaller jars - one for each type of material I'm thinking. :rolleyes:

post #4197 of 4204

@sugarbutch & @vriche thats a good idea for silk pocket squares but you might be facing some difficulties with linen and cotton ones, no?

post #4198 of 4204
They all go in there. I will concede that the linen and cotton get a bit rumpled. Doesn't bother me, but I can how it might bother others.
post #4199 of 4204
Quote:
Originally Posted by House of KYDOS View Post
 

@sugarbutch & @vriche thats a good idea for silk pocket squares but you might be facing some difficulties with linen and cotton ones, no?

75% of my squares are of the Wool/Silk combo variety but I do have a couple of cotton ones in there and they seem fine.

post #4200 of 4204

Some examples on linen I did for clients, note on the contrast ones, the border is cuted from other fabric attached by hand and handrolled then, exhaustive handwork. 

 

Carlo RIVA

 

 

 

 

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....