Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 251post #3751 of 38395/6/14 at 4:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3752 of 38395/6/14 at 4:30pmpost #3753 of 38395/6/14 at 5:57pmQuote:
Thanks for the kind words. Yes you are right, most batik is cotton. However, silk is also used. The patterns and colors on silk usually look a bit sharper.
I'm certainly planning to try using cotton for PS's too. Perhaps even the textured dobby weaves that are quite common here on Java.post #3754 of 38395/6/14 at 10:45pmpost #3755 of 38395/6/14 at 10:52pmpost #3756 of 38395/11/14 at 1:10am
greetings from Sarawak EliodA. Was over in that neck of the woods a couple of weeks back, in Lombok. Also a great place for picking up some fabrics. They still do the hand woven songkets there which are pretty hard to come by. Here is one we picked up, each line woven in and out by hand. The gold thread is maybe over the top for a pocket square but excellent craftsmanship none the less.post #3757 of 38395/11/14 at 5:27amQuote:Originally Posted by piraca
greetings from Sarawak EliodA. Was over in that neck of the woods a couple of weeks back, in Lombok. Also a great place for picking up some fabrics. They still do the hand woven songkets there which are pretty hard to come by. Here is one we picked up, each line woven in and out by hand. The gold thread is maybe over the top for a pocket square but excellent craftsmanship none the less.
Hi piraca, greetings from Jakarta. That's a very nice songket, indeed. My wife is from a Batak family originally from North Sumatra, where there is a very rich heritage in all kinds of songkets etc. The fabrics are usually quite heavy though, wholly unsuited for pocket squares. Tie material perhaps?
Are you guys still making the batik pocket squares as I saw on your website?
BTW, here's another experiment from me. In the unloved (on SF) colour purplepost #3758 of 38395/11/14 at 7:04ampost #3759 of 38395/12/14 at 5:43ampost #3760 of 38395/12/14 at 5:47ampost #3761 of 38395/12/14 at 4:50pmPosting my plain combo but if someone can help me out though I know its a pocket square thread.
I recently just bought this Hugo Boss magenta pin dot tie here in Canada. Obviously being Canada the price was $110 and I know Hugo Boss doesn't have a great reputation here. Though the tie does say made in Italy.
Should I return it or keep it. I love the color and I'm a newbie at folding ties yet it created the best dimple I've ever had (this is my first 'good' tie). I feel like I should keep it because finding a quality magenta pin dot tie is pretty hard. I mean I see purple pin dot and stuff or maybe a light pink but not this.
Please ignore that I didn't cover the top button of my shirt with my tie. Rookie mistake. Keep the tie or not?post #3762 of 38395/12/14 at 5:01pmpost #3763 of 38395/13/14 at 8:27ampost #3764 of 38395/13/14 at 8:46am
That being said, as someone who has owned a dozen Hugo Boss ties in his life...and keeps a few because several are actually quite well made...that isn't worth $110 dollars in the sense that you could get something you'd probably be a lot happier with for 20-30 bucks less. If you don't find anything you like from any of these folks, then keep it. If you do, return it, because the other ties will be better (though Howard Yount is about comparable to my nicer Boss ties in terms of quality).
And if you feel inclined to buy from particularly good people, Henry Carter and Sam Hober are probably two of the best all around folks on the forum
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Henry Carter Neckwear & Accessories: Official affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 19 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 25 minutes ago
- › For sale: style book and stylish books collection 25 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 25 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 26 minutes ago
- › Which outfit would be best here? 28 minutes ago
- › Harrington Jacket 30 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 30 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)