I'll post mine tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 247post #3691 of 39054/5/14 at 11:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3692 of 39054/6/14 at 11:53ampost #3693 of 39054/6/14 at 12:45pmpost #3694 of 39054/6/14 at 3:15pmQuote:
I would focus my energy on which colour compliments a secondary colour of the tie (or shirt)..
And just for reference : no tie = no pocket square (rule of thumb)...post #3695 of 39054/6/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Yes, but I also don't want a pocketsquare that blends in with the jacket//not enough contrast.post #3696 of 39054/6/14 at 4:35pmpost #3697 of 39054/6/14 at 4:49pmpost #3698 of 39054/6/14 at 11:31pm
What kind of weave and weight is good for a printed pocket square?
I have read twill is pretty common at about 12 to 14mm. Forum favorite Kent Wang seems to stock much heavier squares at about 24 to 28mm if my conversion is correct. I have only seen charmeuse and crepe de chine that even comes close these weights. Are they popular choices?post #3699 of 39054/7/14 at 12:45ampost #3700 of 39054/7/14 at 12:43pmpost #3701 of 39054/7/14 at 9:22pmpost #3702 of 39054/7/14 at 10:36pmQuote:
Try looking at the Ehaberdasher website; they have a cream silk Zegna pocket square at USD25post #3703 of 39054/7/14 at 10:38pmpost #3704 of 39054/8/14 at 1:22amQuote:
I'd get something like this before getting a solid cream square:
There is enough cream/beige in it so that you can arrange it to be predominantly cream. It's way more versatile and has completely replaced the cream square in my rotation.post #3705 of 39054/8/14 at 7:47amQuote:
I also think the above isn't really a rule of thumb.
Adding a pocket square can be a great addition of colour and pattern without a tie, especially in a casual setting, when not wearing a very colourful or busy patterned shirt.
I think that's a great recommendation! I recently bought a Hermes square which provides a versatile white/grey combination. It's white, but it's not white white. Can totally imagine doing the same with cream.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › The Home Ownership Thread 22 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 43 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › LIVE=Watch Switzerland vs USA live stream 3 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Sole Welting 3 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...