I'll post mine tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 247post #3691 of 41574/5/14 at 11:57ampost #3692 of 41574/6/14 at 11:53ampost #3693 of 41574/6/14 at 12:45pmpost #3694 of 41574/6/14 at 3:15pmQuote:
I would focus my energy on which colour compliments a secondary colour of the tie (or shirt)..
And just for reference : no tie = no pocket square (rule of thumb)...post #3695 of 41574/6/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Yes, but I also don't want a pocketsquare that blends in with the jacket//not enough contrast.post #3696 of 41574/6/14 at 4:35pmpost #3697 of 41574/6/14 at 4:49pmpost #3698 of 41574/6/14 at 11:31pm
What kind of weave and weight is good for a printed pocket square?
I have read twill is pretty common at about 12 to 14mm. Forum favorite Kent Wang seems to stock much heavier squares at about 24 to 28mm if my conversion is correct. I have only seen charmeuse and crepe de chine that even comes close these weights. Are they popular choices?post #3699 of 41574/7/14 at 12:45ampost #3700 of 41574/7/14 at 12:43pmpost #3701 of 41574/7/14 at 9:22pmpost #3702 of 41574/7/14 at 10:36pmQuote:
Try looking at the Ehaberdasher website; they have a cream silk Zegna pocket square at USD25post #3703 of 41574/7/14 at 10:38pmpost #3704 of 41574/8/14 at 1:22amQuote:
I'd get something like this before getting a solid cream square:
There is enough cream/beige in it so that you can arrange it to be predominantly cream. It's way more versatile and has completely replaced the cream square in my rotation.post #3705 of 41574/8/14 at 7:47amQuote:
I also think the above isn't really a rule of thumb.
Adding a pocket square can be a great addition of colour and pattern without a tie, especially in a casual setting, when not wearing a very colourful or busy patterned shirt.
I think that's a great recommendation! I recently bought a Hermes square which provides a versatile white/grey combination. It's white, but it's not white white. Can totally imagine doing the same with cream.
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Please advice on the fit of this suit 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 19 minutes ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...