I'll post mine tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 247post #3691 of 40394/5/14 at 11:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3692 of 40394/6/14 at 11:53ampost #3693 of 40394/6/14 at 12:45pmpost #3694 of 40394/6/14 at 3:15pmQuote:
I would focus my energy on which colour compliments a secondary colour of the tie (or shirt)..
And just for reference : no tie = no pocket square (rule of thumb)...post #3695 of 40394/6/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Yes, but I also don't want a pocketsquare that blends in with the jacket//not enough contrast.post #3696 of 40394/6/14 at 4:35pmpost #3697 of 40394/6/14 at 4:49pmpost #3698 of 40394/6/14 at 11:31pm
What kind of weave and weight is good for a printed pocket square?
I have read twill is pretty common at about 12 to 14mm. Forum favorite Kent Wang seems to stock much heavier squares at about 24 to 28mm if my conversion is correct. I have only seen charmeuse and crepe de chine that even comes close these weights. Are they popular choices?post #3699 of 40394/7/14 at 12:45ampost #3700 of 40394/7/14 at 12:43pmpost #3701 of 40394/7/14 at 9:22pmpost #3702 of 40394/7/14 at 10:36pmQuote:
Try looking at the Ehaberdasher website; they have a cream silk Zegna pocket square at USD25post #3703 of 40394/7/14 at 10:38pmpost #3704 of 40394/8/14 at 1:22amQuote:
I'd get something like this before getting a solid cream square:
There is enough cream/beige in it so that you can arrange it to be predominantly cream. It's way more versatile and has completely replaced the cream square in my rotation.post #3705 of 40394/8/14 at 7:47amQuote:
I also think the above isn't really a rule of thumb.
Adding a pocket square can be a great addition of colour and pattern without a tie, especially in a casual setting, when not wearing a very colourful or busy patterned shirt.
I think that's a great recommendation! I recently bought a Hermes square which provides a versatile white/grey combination. It's white, but it's not white white. Can totally imagine doing the same with cream.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 12 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 20 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG... 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 29 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 30 minutes ago
- › Cordless stick vacuum cleaners 30 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015