I'll post mine tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 247post #3691 of 42094/5/14 at 11:57ampost #3692 of 42094/6/14 at 11:53ampost #3693 of 42094/6/14 at 12:45pmpost #3694 of 42094/6/14 at 3:15pmQuote:
I would focus my energy on which colour compliments a secondary colour of the tie (or shirt)..
And just for reference : no tie = no pocket square (rule of thumb)...post #3695 of 42094/6/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Yes, but I also don't want a pocketsquare that blends in with the jacket//not enough contrast.post #3696 of 42094/6/14 at 4:35pmpost #3697 of 42094/6/14 at 4:49pmpost #3698 of 42094/6/14 at 11:31pm
What kind of weave and weight is good for a printed pocket square?
I have read twill is pretty common at about 12 to 14mm. Forum favorite Kent Wang seems to stock much heavier squares at about 24 to 28mm if my conversion is correct. I have only seen charmeuse and crepe de chine that even comes close these weights. Are they popular choices?post #3699 of 42094/7/14 at 12:45ampost #3700 of 42094/7/14 at 12:43pmpost #3701 of 42094/7/14 at 9:22pmpost #3702 of 42094/7/14 at 10:36pmQuote:
Try looking at the Ehaberdasher website; they have a cream silk Zegna pocket square at USD25post #3703 of 42094/7/14 at 10:38pmpost #3704 of 42094/8/14 at 1:22amQuote:
I'd get something like this before getting a solid cream square:
There is enough cream/beige in it so that you can arrange it to be predominantly cream. It's way more versatile and has completely replaced the cream square in my rotation.post #3705 of 42094/8/14 at 7:47amQuote:
I also think the above isn't really a rule of thumb.
Adding a pocket square can be a great addition of colour and pattern without a tie, especially in a casual setting, when not wearing a very colourful or busy patterned shirt.
I think that's a great recommendation! I recently bought a Hermes square which provides a versatile white/grey combination. It's white, but it's not white white. Can totally imagine doing the same with cream.
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 32 seconds ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Junkard Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...