I'll post mine tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 247post #3691 of 40204/5/14 at 11:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3692 of 40204/6/14 at 11:53ampost #3693 of 40204/6/14 at 12:45pmpost #3694 of 40204/6/14 at 3:15pmQuote:
I would focus my energy on which colour compliments a secondary colour of the tie (or shirt)..
And just for reference : no tie = no pocket square (rule of thumb)...post #3695 of 40204/6/14 at 4:01pmQuote:
Yes, but I also don't want a pocketsquare that blends in with the jacket//not enough contrast.post #3696 of 40204/6/14 at 4:35pmpost #3697 of 40204/6/14 at 4:49pmpost #3698 of 40204/6/14 at 11:31pm
What kind of weave and weight is good for a printed pocket square?
I have read twill is pretty common at about 12 to 14mm. Forum favorite Kent Wang seems to stock much heavier squares at about 24 to 28mm if my conversion is correct. I have only seen charmeuse and crepe de chine that even comes close these weights. Are they popular choices?post #3699 of 40204/7/14 at 12:45ampost #3700 of 40204/7/14 at 12:43pmpost #3701 of 40204/7/14 at 9:22pmpost #3702 of 40204/7/14 at 10:36pmQuote:
Try looking at the Ehaberdasher website; they have a cream silk Zegna pocket square at USD25post #3703 of 40204/7/14 at 10:38pmpost #3704 of 40204/8/14 at 1:22amQuote:
I'd get something like this before getting a solid cream square:
There is enough cream/beige in it so that you can arrange it to be predominantly cream. It's way more versatile and has completely replaced the cream square in my rotation.post #3705 of 40204/8/14 at 7:47amQuote:
I also think the above isn't really a rule of thumb.
Adding a pocket square can be a great addition of colour and pattern without a tie, especially in a casual setting, when not wearing a very colourful or busy patterned shirt.
I think that's a great recommendation! I recently bought a Hermes square which provides a versatile white/grey combination. It's white, but it's not white white. Can totally imagine doing the same with cream.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 59 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cigars 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › Friday Fit Challenge 7/8 "The Black and white Challenge" 4 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...