Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 244post #3646 of 40701/12/14 at 9:05amThread StarterI guess I appreciate a hand sewn edge on a pocket square for the same reason I enjoy hand sewing on a jacket, shirt, buttonhole or pants. You don't need it, but it is a reflection of skilled handwork. Something that we have to make an effort to find on most products. So, essential, "No", enjoyable, "Yes".
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3647 of 40701/12/14 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
^^^They had a few Simonnot Godard plaids on sale at Barneys SF the other day. Hurry, you might see one. If not there, Neiman Marcus SF had a several on sale. Opportunity knocks!
NM also had quite few Drakes on sale for Winter as well as summer. I think they brought in a load for their sale. Great prices.
I picked up an SG 'madras' square from Nieman as well . You're missing out SB!post #3648 of 40701/12/14 at 8:16pmpost #3649 of 40701/14/14 at 4:12ampost #3650 of 40701/14/14 at 5:37ampost #3651 of 40701/14/14 at 5:40amQuote:
Vintage silk is usually a bit thinner than newer fabric. Therefore, once folded, it slips down more easily. Making it larger simply allows for more filling of the pocket.post #3652 of 40701/14/14 at 5:48amQuote:
Thank you for explaining, I interpreted greater as in 'better', but now I see he probably meant 'bigger'
I also don't own any vintage silk, so I didn't know this and would've never made the connection.post #3653 of 40701/14/14 at 5:58amQuote:Originally Posted by DjangoV
Vintage silk is usually a bit thinner than newer fabric. Therefore, once folded, it slips down more easily. Making it larger simply allows for more filling of the pocket.
Good answer ... thanks ... even though today is the modern thin silk. But compared to the vintage one has an entirely different feeling. What is difficult to explain in words! Meanwhile, a hand-printed silk vintage still has a quality silk and silk printing significantly higher than the modern.
For example, I happened to touch the silk modern English printed again by hand ... but it has nothing to do with that vintage that I have. This is because over the years changing yarn and printing from natural and manual is passed to the chemical and digital.post #3654 of 40701/14/14 at 7:05ampost #3655 of 40701/14/14 at 1:14pmpost #3656 of 40701/14/14 at 11:54pmpost #3657 of 40701/15/14 at 7:00ampost #3658 of 40701/24/14 at 5:44ampost #3659 of 40701/25/14 at 10:13pmGentleman,
Can anyone please give me an indication where i can get hermes pocket squares online?im looking at the fantasies series on ebay and they retail around USD160 too 200 plus.My only concern is with regards to authenticity.
My local hermes store doesnt carry hermes motif pocket squares
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 36 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 39 seconds ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Bobcat for 4Horsemen shop 9.5 4 minutes ago
- › Iron Heart IH-702 Poly Cotton Chinos, Khaki, size 34 5 minutes ago
- › The Suits of Spectre (2015), the latest Bond film 5 minutes ago
- › Iron Heart IHSH-131 Ultra Heavy Flannel Buffalo Check Work Shirt... 6 minutes ago
- › Breaking into the menswear industry? 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories