Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 244post #3646 of 41401/12/14 at 9:05amThread StarterI guess I appreciate a hand sewn edge on a pocket square for the same reason I enjoy hand sewing on a jacket, shirt, buttonhole or pants. You don't need it, but it is a reflection of skilled handwork. Something that we have to make an effort to find on most products. So, essential, "No", enjoyable, "Yes".
post #3647 of 41401/12/14 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
^^^They had a few Simonnot Godard plaids on sale at Barneys SF the other day. Hurry, you might see one. If not there, Neiman Marcus SF had a several on sale. Opportunity knocks!
NM also had quite few Drakes on sale for Winter as well as summer. I think they brought in a load for their sale. Great prices.
I picked up an SG 'madras' square from Nieman as well . You're missing out SB!post #3648 of 41401/12/14 at 8:16pmpost #3649 of 41401/14/14 at 4:12ampost #3650 of 41401/14/14 at 5:37ampost #3651 of 41401/14/14 at 5:40amQuote:
Vintage silk is usually a bit thinner than newer fabric. Therefore, once folded, it slips down more easily. Making it larger simply allows for more filling of the pocket.post #3652 of 41401/14/14 at 5:48amQuote:
Thank you for explaining, I interpreted greater as in 'better', but now I see he probably meant 'bigger'
I also don't own any vintage silk, so I didn't know this and would've never made the connection.post #3653 of 41401/14/14 at 5:58amQuote:Originally Posted by DjangoV
Vintage silk is usually a bit thinner than newer fabric. Therefore, once folded, it slips down more easily. Making it larger simply allows for more filling of the pocket.
Good answer ... thanks ... even though today is the modern thin silk. But compared to the vintage one has an entirely different feeling. What is difficult to explain in words! Meanwhile, a hand-printed silk vintage still has a quality silk and silk printing significantly higher than the modern.
For example, I happened to touch the silk modern English printed again by hand ... but it has nothing to do with that vintage that I have. This is because over the years changing yarn and printing from natural and manual is passed to the chemical and digital.post #3654 of 41401/14/14 at 7:05ampost #3655 of 41401/14/14 at 1:14pmpost #3656 of 41401/14/14 at 11:54pmpost #3657 of 41401/15/14 at 7:00ampost #3658 of 41401/24/14 at 5:44ampost #3659 of 41401/25/14 at 10:13pmGentleman,
Can anyone please give me an indication where i can get hermes pocket squares online?im looking at the fantasies series on ebay and they retail around USD160 too 200 plus.My only concern is with regards to authenticity.
My local hermes store doesnt carry hermes motif pocket squarespost #3660 of 41401/26/14 at 7:33pm
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 8 minutes ago
- › #ForBrian : RIP @hbkshin / StyleForum's Help Needed To Aid The... 14 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 18 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 19 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 20 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 28 minutes ago
- › The Definitive MANBAG Thread, Part II: 2014~ 34 minutes ago
- › Brexit 37 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 40 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 43 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding