Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 244post #3646 of 38811/12/14 at 9:05amThread StarterI guess I appreciate a hand sewn edge on a pocket square for the same reason I enjoy hand sewing on a jacket, shirt, buttonhole or pants. You don't need it, but it is a reflection of skilled handwork. Something that we have to make an effort to find on most products. So, essential, "No", enjoyable, "Yes".
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3647 of 38811/12/14 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
^^^They had a few Simonnot Godard plaids on sale at Barneys SF the other day. Hurry, you might see one. If not there, Neiman Marcus SF had a several on sale. Opportunity knocks!
NM also had quite few Drakes on sale for Winter as well as summer. I think they brought in a load for their sale. Great prices.
I picked up an SG 'madras' square from Nieman as well . You're missing out SB!post #3648 of 38811/12/14 at 8:16pmpost #3649 of 38811/14/14 at 4:12ampost #3650 of 38811/14/14 at 5:37ampost #3651 of 38811/14/14 at 5:40amQuote:
Vintage silk is usually a bit thinner than newer fabric. Therefore, once folded, it slips down more easily. Making it larger simply allows for more filling of the pocket.post #3652 of 38811/14/14 at 5:48amQuote:
Thank you for explaining, I interpreted greater as in 'better', but now I see he probably meant 'bigger'
I also don't own any vintage silk, so I didn't know this and would've never made the connection.post #3653 of 38811/14/14 at 5:58amQuote:Originally Posted by DjangoV
Vintage silk is usually a bit thinner than newer fabric. Therefore, once folded, it slips down more easily. Making it larger simply allows for more filling of the pocket.
Good answer ... thanks ... even though today is the modern thin silk. But compared to the vintage one has an entirely different feeling. What is difficult to explain in words! Meanwhile, a hand-printed silk vintage still has a quality silk and silk printing significantly higher than the modern.
For example, I happened to touch the silk modern English printed again by hand ... but it has nothing to do with that vintage that I have. This is because over the years changing yarn and printing from natural and manual is passed to the chemical and digital.post #3654 of 38811/14/14 at 7:05ampost #3655 of 38811/14/14 at 1:14pmpost #3656 of 38811/14/14 at 11:54pmpost #3657 of 38811/15/14 at 7:00ampost #3658 of 38811/24/14 at 5:44ampost #3659 of 38811/25/14 at 10:13pmGentleman,
Can anyone please give me an indication where i can get hermes pocket squares online?im looking at the fantasies series on ebay and they retail around USD160 too 200 plus.My only concern is with regards to authenticity.
My local hermes store doesnt carry hermes motif pocket squares
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › 3 button suits really out of style? 11 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 13 seconds ago
- › Muhammad Ali in Morning Dress 40 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 40 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 58 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Mki Black Classic Varsity Jacket Black size M 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...