Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 244post #3646 of 37981/12/14 at 9:05amThread StarterI guess I appreciate a hand sewn edge on a pocket square for the same reason I enjoy hand sewing on a jacket, shirt, buttonhole or pants. You don't need it, but it is a reflection of skilled handwork. Something that we have to make an effort to find on most products. So, essential, "No", enjoyable, "Yes".
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3647 of 37981/12/14 at 12:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
^^^They had a few Simonnot Godard plaids on sale at Barneys SF the other day. Hurry, you might see one. If not there, Neiman Marcus SF had a several on sale. Opportunity knocks!
NM also had quite few Drakes on sale for Winter as well as summer. I think they brought in a load for their sale. Great prices.
I picked up an SG 'madras' square from Nieman as well . You're missing out SB!post #3648 of 37981/12/14 at 8:16pmpost #3649 of 37981/14/14 at 4:12ampost #3650 of 37981/14/14 at 5:37ampost #3651 of 37981/14/14 at 5:40amQuote:
Vintage silk is usually a bit thinner than newer fabric. Therefore, once folded, it slips down more easily. Making it larger simply allows for more filling of the pocket.post #3652 of 37981/14/14 at 5:48amQuote:
Thank you for explaining, I interpreted greater as in 'better', but now I see he probably meant 'bigger'
I also don't own any vintage silk, so I didn't know this and would've never made the connection.post #3653 of 37981/14/14 at 5:58amQuote:Originally Posted by DjangoV
Vintage silk is usually a bit thinner than newer fabric. Therefore, once folded, it slips down more easily. Making it larger simply allows for more filling of the pocket.
Good answer ... thanks ... even though today is the modern thin silk. But compared to the vintage one has an entirely different feeling. What is difficult to explain in words! Meanwhile, a hand-printed silk vintage still has a quality silk and silk printing significantly higher than the modern.
For example, I happened to touch the silk modern English printed again by hand ... but it has nothing to do with that vintage that I have. This is because over the years changing yarn and printing from natural and manual is passed to the chemical and digital.post #3654 of 37981/14/14 at 7:05ampost #3655 of 37981/14/14 at 1:14pmpost #3656 of 37981/14/14 at 11:54pmpost #3657 of 37981/15/14 at 7:00ampost #3658 of 37981/24/14 at 5:44ampost #3659 of 37981/25/14 at 10:13pmGentleman,
Can anyone please give me an indication where i can get hermes pocket squares online?im looking at the fantasies series on ebay and they retail around USD160 too 200 plus.My only concern is with regards to authenticity.
My local hermes store doesnt carry hermes motif pocket squares
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › The Official Beer Thread 51 seconds ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 1 minute ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 8 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 9 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet Smith Jeans in Washed Caramel Duck Canvas 32/30 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › 2014 MLB Season Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)