Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 243post #3631 of 41211/11/14 at 10:20amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3632 of 41211/11/14 at 11:23ampost #3633 of 41211/11/14 at 11:26ampost #3634 of 41211/11/14 at 3:36pmThanks, Gus! Your opinion on these matters is always valuable. I want to get another wool/silk from Drakes (or maybe Seaward & Stearn?) in a muted green, either olive or forest. After that, I need to get my hands on one of those Simonnot Godard colored plaids for S/S. They never seem to go on sale, so I guess I'll have to pay full freight.post #3635 of 41211/11/14 at 6:00pmThread Starter^^^They had a few Simonnot Godard plaids on sale at Barneys SF the other day. Hurry, you might see one. If not there, Neiman Marcus SF had a several on sale. Opportunity knocks!
NM also had quite few Drakes on sale for Winter as well as summer. I think they brought in a load for their sale. Great prices.post #3636 of 41211/12/14 at 12:42ampost #3637 of 41211/12/14 at 6:09ampost #3638 of 41211/12/14 at 7:43amQuote:
I did on the old website, but have canceled my order after having contact. I had chosen two, but both were out of stock, I got an email the day after with the ones that were in stock and had the choice of a refund or replacements. I chose the refund. Hope they keep better stock at this time. I also hope they come with some new squares soon!
The shipping price was shown directly when ordering, did you try to add something and 'proceed to checkout' ?
Regarding service, there wasn't any issue. The English is a bit off at some points, but still understandable, and overall pretty quick responses when mailing back and forth.Quote:Don't know if this is of any assistance to you, but they did make one in a slightly different color scheme: (no live auction anymore)
Edited by Chopper88 - 1/12/14 at 7:54ampost #3639 of 41211/12/14 at 8:17amThread Starter
I have to agree with you on this. I'm surprised to see that machine sewn edge from Drakes. But, I know I'm one of the only people on the forum who isn't much of a fan of Drakes pocket squares. I don't care for most of their designs however I do like their color combinations.post #3640 of 41211/12/14 at 8:20amThread StarterQuote:
A Suitable Wardrobe has some Rubinacci squares for sale. One thing about ASW, the online operations are super efficient. You know immediately if something is in stock, when it was shipped and how.post #3641 of 41211/12/14 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Chopper88
Originally Posted by woolymammoth View Post
I wish Hermes would make this shawl into a pocket-square...
Don't know if this is of any assistance to you, but they did make one in a slightly different color scheme: (no live auction anymore)
Thank you.post #3642 of 41211/12/14 at 8:45ampost #3643 of 41211/12/14 at 8:53amThread Starterpost #3644 of 41211/12/14 at 8:55ampost #3645 of 41211/12/14 at 9:00amThread StarterQuote:
I thought of it as an essential requirement myself until I realized that a frequently worn pocket square for the last ten years had a machine edge. Because it was a favorite I never gave it a second look.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Recommend a good paring knife 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 8 minutes ago
- › Balmoral Boot Porn 8 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 11 minutes ago
- › BASICALLY GIVING THIS AWAY: Eidos Napoli Tipo Teal/Char-Brown Linen... 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 18 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 18 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 21 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?