Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:41 am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 243post #3631 of 39581/11/14 at 10:20amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3632 of 39581/11/14 at 11:23ampost #3633 of 39581/11/14 at 11:26ampost #3634 of 39581/11/14 at 3:36pmThanks, Gus! Your opinion on these matters is always valuable. I want to get another wool/silk from Drakes (or maybe Seaward & Stearn?) in a muted green, either olive or forest. After that, I need to get my hands on one of those Simonnot Godard colored plaids for S/S. They never seem to go on sale, so I guess I'll have to pay full freight.post #3635 of 39581/11/14 at 6:00pmThread Starter^^^They had a few Simonnot Godard plaids on sale at Barneys SF the other day. Hurry, you might see one. If not there, Neiman Marcus SF had a several on sale. Opportunity knocks!
NM also had quite few Drakes on sale for Winter as well as summer. I think they brought in a load for their sale. Great prices.post #3636 of 39581/12/14 at 12:42ampost #3637 of 39581/12/14 at 6:09ampost #3638 of 39581/12/14 at 7:43amQuote:
I did on the old website, but have canceled my order after having contact. I had chosen two, but both were out of stock, I got an email the day after with the ones that were in stock and had the choice of a refund or replacements. I chose the refund. Hope they keep better stock at this time. I also hope they come with some new squares soon!
The shipping price was shown directly when ordering, did you try to add something and 'proceed to checkout' ?
Regarding service, there wasn't any issue. The English is a bit off at some points, but still understandable, and overall pretty quick responses when mailing back and forth.Quote:Don't know if this is of any assistance to you, but they did make one in a slightly different color scheme: (no live auction anymore)
Edited by Chopper88 - 1/12/14 at 7:54ampost #3639 of 39581/12/14 at 8:17amThread Starter
I have to agree with you on this. I'm surprised to see that machine sewn edge from Drakes. But, I know I'm one of the only people on the forum who isn't much of a fan of Drakes pocket squares. I don't care for most of their designs however I do like their color combinations.post #3640 of 39581/12/14 at 8:20amThread StarterQuote:
A Suitable Wardrobe has some Rubinacci squares for sale. One thing about ASW, the online operations are super efficient. You know immediately if something is in stock, when it was shipped and how.post #3641 of 39581/12/14 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by Chopper88
Originally Posted by woolymammoth View Post
I wish Hermes would make this shawl into a pocket-square...
Don't know if this is of any assistance to you, but they did make one in a slightly different color scheme: (no live auction anymore)
Thank you.post #3642 of 39581/12/14 at 8:45ampost #3643 of 39581/12/14 at 8:53amThread Starterpost #3644 of 39581/12/14 at 8:55ampost #3645 of 39581/12/14 at 9:00amThread StarterQuote:
I thought of it as an essential requirement myself until I realized that a frequently worn pocket square for the last ten years had a machine edge. Because it was a favorite I never gave it a second look.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 seconds ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 1 minute ago
- › Lawless Denim & Co (Phoenix, Arizona) 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Brand new Epaulet Garand pants, Navy, 33 5 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan