What up with the round PS observation?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: Yesterday
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: OuterwearLast edited: 11/11/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 234
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3497 of 40707/1/13 at 10:59pmI could be totally off with this one but I believe the round ps recently became famous because of alexander olch... The place he gets them made doesn't have the capability to hand roll the edges of a pocket square, they have some machine that stitches the edges, not like on drake's pocket squares (I'll try to find a picture - posting from my phone at the moment). So I think mr. Olch came up with a great idea to make them round and then the stitched edges wouldn't be out of place, that's just how a round ps is made. Like I said, this could all be just part of my imagination!post #3498 of 40707/2/13 at 12:17ampost #3499 of 40707/2/13 at 4:24am
Does anyone know other places to buy Rubinacci pocket squares besides their own website and ASuitableWardrobe?
I've ordered two yesterday, and got an email they're both out of stock...
I can't really find a satisfactory replacement in the ones that are available.
Preferably looking for a place in Europe, but open to anything.
And does anyone know if they'll ever be in stock again? Or are they just a limited run never to be produced again?post #3500 of 40707/2/13 at 9:44ampost #3501 of 40707/2/13 at 10:08amQuote:
There is a dog one in there. A bit more animated than the one last season.
I don't understand the bold.post #3502 of 40707/2/13 at 10:35ampost #3503 of 40707/2/13 at 11:57ampost #3504 of 40707/2/13 at 1:18pmpost #3505 of 40707/2/13 at 1:48pmpost #3506 of 40707/2/13 at 1:52pm
Photo grab from Mr. Porter - You can clearly see the machine stitched edges (forgot what the stitch is called, but it's the one to stop fraying!)
I wonder which is more economical for the fabric, to cut squares or circles.. squares, right?post #3507 of 40707/2/13 at 2:42pmThe pocket circle is merely an attempt to innovate in an established niche. I suspect the stitching method was chosen to allow for a contrasting edge without requiring the commissioning of custom prints/weaves which incorporate the contrasting circle in the design. There's no reason a pocket circle couldn't have a hand-rolled edge.
The examples I've encountered have been in heavier fabrics like wool and cotton, and they are distinctive in the pocket. I believe a larger pocket circle made out of more typical hank fabrics like silk or the silk/wool that Drakes uses, and hand-rolled, would actually be more subtle and work pretty well.post #3508 of 40707/2/13 at 3:51pmpost #3509 of 40707/2/13 at 5:40pm
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 28 seconds ago
- › Toe Pinching Issues 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 6 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 7 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider Merino Coat Size 6 XI Wool Frozen Waves Gray/Navy 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories