What up with the round PS observation?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 10/5/16 at 11:38pm in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 234post #3497 of 42047/1/13 at 10:59pmI could be totally off with this one but I believe the round ps recently became famous because of alexander olch... The place he gets them made doesn't have the capability to hand roll the edges of a pocket square, they have some machine that stitches the edges, not like on drake's pocket squares (I'll try to find a picture - posting from my phone at the moment). So I think mr. Olch came up with a great idea to make them round and then the stitched edges wouldn't be out of place, that's just how a round ps is made. Like I said, this could all be just part of my imagination!post #3498 of 42047/2/13 at 12:17ampost #3499 of 42047/2/13 at 4:24am
Does anyone know other places to buy Rubinacci pocket squares besides their own website and ASuitableWardrobe?
I've ordered two yesterday, and got an email they're both out of stock...
I can't really find a satisfactory replacement in the ones that are available.
Preferably looking for a place in Europe, but open to anything.
And does anyone know if they'll ever be in stock again? Or are they just a limited run never to be produced again?post #3500 of 42047/2/13 at 9:44ampost #3501 of 42047/2/13 at 10:08amQuote:
There is a dog one in there. A bit more animated than the one last season.
I don't understand the bold.post #3502 of 42047/2/13 at 10:35ampost #3503 of 42047/2/13 at 11:57ampost #3504 of 42047/2/13 at 1:18pmpost #3505 of 42047/2/13 at 1:48pmpost #3506 of 42047/2/13 at 1:52pm
Photo grab from Mr. Porter - You can clearly see the machine stitched edges (forgot what the stitch is called, but it's the one to stop fraying!)
I wonder which is more economical for the fabric, to cut squares or circles.. squares, right?post #3507 of 42047/2/13 at 2:42pmThe pocket circle is merely an attempt to innovate in an established niche. I suspect the stitching method was chosen to allow for a contrasting edge without requiring the commissioning of custom prints/weaves which incorporate the contrasting circle in the design. There's no reason a pocket circle couldn't have a hand-rolled edge.
The examples I've encountered have been in heavier fabrics like wool and cotton, and they are distinctive in the pocket. I believe a larger pocket circle made out of more typical hank fabrics like silk or the silk/wool that Drakes uses, and hand-rolled, would actually be more subtle and work pretty well.post #3508 of 42047/2/13 at 3:51pmpost #3509 of 42047/2/13 at 5:40pmpost #3510 of 42047/2/13 at 5:50pm
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 6 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 12 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...