What up with the round PS observation?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:17 pm in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 234
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3497 of 39497/1/13 at 10:59pmI could be totally off with this one but I believe the round ps recently became famous because of alexander olch... The place he gets them made doesn't have the capability to hand roll the edges of a pocket square, they have some machine that stitches the edges, not like on drake's pocket squares (I'll try to find a picture - posting from my phone at the moment). So I think mr. Olch came up with a great idea to make them round and then the stitched edges wouldn't be out of place, that's just how a round ps is made. Like I said, this could all be just part of my imagination!post #3498 of 39497/2/13 at 12:17ampost #3499 of 39497/2/13 at 4:24am
Does anyone know other places to buy Rubinacci pocket squares besides their own website and ASuitableWardrobe?
I've ordered two yesterday, and got an email they're both out of stock...
I can't really find a satisfactory replacement in the ones that are available.
Preferably looking for a place in Europe, but open to anything.
And does anyone know if they'll ever be in stock again? Or are they just a limited run never to be produced again?post #3500 of 39497/2/13 at 9:44ampost #3501 of 39497/2/13 at 10:08amQuote:
There is a dog one in there. A bit more animated than the one last season.
I don't understand the bold.post #3502 of 39497/2/13 at 10:35ampost #3503 of 39497/2/13 at 11:57ampost #3504 of 39497/2/13 at 1:18pmpost #3505 of 39497/2/13 at 1:48pmpost #3506 of 39497/2/13 at 1:52pm
Photo grab from Mr. Porter - You can clearly see the machine stitched edges (forgot what the stitch is called, but it's the one to stop fraying!)
I wonder which is more economical for the fabric, to cut squares or circles.. squares, right?post #3507 of 39497/2/13 at 2:42pmThe pocket circle is merely an attempt to innovate in an established niche. I suspect the stitching method was chosen to allow for a contrasting edge without requiring the commissioning of custom prints/weaves which incorporate the contrasting circle in the design. There's no reason a pocket circle couldn't have a hand-rolled edge.
The examples I've encountered have been in heavier fabrics like wool and cotton, and they are distinctive in the pocket. I believe a larger pocket circle made out of more typical hank fabrics like silk or the silk/wool that Drakes uses, and hand-rolled, would actually be more subtle and work pretty well.post #3508 of 39497/2/13 at 3:51pmpost #3509 of 39497/2/13 at 5:40pm
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 34 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 57 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › PRPS junk 5 minutes ago
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...