Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: 2/9/16
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 220post #3286 of 41213/29/13 at 1:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3287 of 41213/29/13 at 1:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
PTO alerts us to a sale at Exquisite Trimmings, purveyor of many fine Drakes hanks...
I received the email with the code from Shaya, but it seems like the site is down. Is too much traffic from PTO overloading the servers?post #3288 of 41213/30/13 at 10:09am
Personally I would recommend using something a little different as a pocket square, my personal guilty pleasure are vintage/replica maps in silks and cottons. A reasonable example is the suit supply one below, not as lovely as Rubinacci's Napoli ones or as practical as the London underground ones you can find on etsy but still something a little different but subtle and a very good talking point with the lady that catches your eye!post #3289 of 41213/30/13 at 4:54pmI would like to actually use pocket squares to polish my glasses with. I find that the normal cotton ones are too finely weaved to work properly. I haven't tried linen. I imagine a jersey weave like a T-shirt would be best for this. Does anyone know of squares in jersey weave, or have other suggestions for polish squares? Would such a PS be very controversial?post #3290 of 41213/30/13 at 5:06pmpost #3291 of 41213/31/13 at 4:31ampost #3292 of 41213/31/13 at 6:03ampost #3293 of 41213/31/13 at 6:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Syeknom
The Fat Cloth make microfibre squares designed to be practically useful for situations like that. They've some attractive designs but certainly wouldn't get down with the material myself.
Thanks, I'll look into that.Quote:
I do to. I think it would be better to have a PS for it though. Do you also use microfiber? Any other suggestions anyone?post #3294 of 41213/31/13 at 9:11ampost #3295 of 41213/31/13 at 1:05pmpost #3296 of 41213/31/13 at 3:35pm^Are they good for glasses? I was just at a birthday party today, and after a while I wanted to polish my glasses. I had not taken my microfiber cloth with me in my trousers, because it is too big and creates a bulge in my pants (In the wrong place). The polish with a regular cotton PS was unsatisfactory. I ended up using the table cloth, which was a thicker cotton. It was a lively party, and wine had already been spilled on the table cloth, so I judged that it wasn't a serious breach of decorum to use it. Perhaps I should just buy a smaller microfiber cloth, but I still like the idea of a PS with a function. I would not wear a microfiber PS in the jacket pocket though. It would be nice with a cotton one which was a bit sturdy. Ah these First World problems. I feel a bit like this lady:post #3297 of 41213/31/13 at 3:52pmThey might work okay for glasses, but considering that microfiber is much easier on coated lenses, I can see your attraction to it. It's just thick and not particularly elegant.
Cotton hankies do get much softer than pocket squares because you wash them a lot. So they'd probably do a better job.
#firstworldproblems is right...post #3298 of 41213/31/13 at 4:33pmpost #3299 of 41214/1/13 at 10:40ampost #3300 of 41214/1/13 at 1:09pm
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green UK9/US9.5F Dark Oak 6 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 9 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 16 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 17 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 23 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?