Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 220post #3286 of 40203/29/13 at 1:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3287 of 40203/29/13 at 1:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
PTO alerts us to a sale at Exquisite Trimmings, purveyor of many fine Drakes hanks...
I received the email with the code from Shaya, but it seems like the site is down. Is too much traffic from PTO overloading the servers?post #3288 of 40203/30/13 at 10:09am
Personally I would recommend using something a little different as a pocket square, my personal guilty pleasure are vintage/replica maps in silks and cottons. A reasonable example is the suit supply one below, not as lovely as Rubinacci's Napoli ones or as practical as the London underground ones you can find on etsy but still something a little different but subtle and a very good talking point with the lady that catches your eye!post #3289 of 40203/30/13 at 4:54pmI would like to actually use pocket squares to polish my glasses with. I find that the normal cotton ones are too finely weaved to work properly. I haven't tried linen. I imagine a jersey weave like a T-shirt would be best for this. Does anyone know of squares in jersey weave, or have other suggestions for polish squares? Would such a PS be very controversial?post #3290 of 40203/30/13 at 5:06pmpost #3291 of 40203/31/13 at 4:31ampost #3292 of 40203/31/13 at 6:03ampost #3293 of 40203/31/13 at 6:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Syeknom
The Fat Cloth make microfibre squares designed to be practically useful for situations like that. They've some attractive designs but certainly wouldn't get down with the material myself.
Thanks, I'll look into that.Quote:
I do to. I think it would be better to have a PS for it though. Do you also use microfiber? Any other suggestions anyone?post #3294 of 40203/31/13 at 9:11ampost #3295 of 40203/31/13 at 1:05pmpost #3296 of 40203/31/13 at 3:35pm^Are they good for glasses? I was just at a birthday party today, and after a while I wanted to polish my glasses. I had not taken my microfiber cloth with me in my trousers, because it is too big and creates a bulge in my pants (In the wrong place). The polish with a regular cotton PS was unsatisfactory. I ended up using the table cloth, which was a thicker cotton. It was a lively party, and wine had already been spilled on the table cloth, so I judged that it wasn't a serious breach of decorum to use it. Perhaps I should just buy a smaller microfiber cloth, but I still like the idea of a PS with a function. I would not wear a microfiber PS in the jacket pocket though. It would be nice with a cotton one which was a bit sturdy. Ah these First World problems. I feel a bit like this lady:post #3297 of 40203/31/13 at 3:52pmThey might work okay for glasses, but considering that microfiber is much easier on coated lenses, I can see your attraction to it. It's just thick and not particularly elegant.
Cotton hankies do get much softer than pocket squares because you wash them a lot. So they'd probably do a better job.
#firstworldproblems is right...post #3298 of 40203/31/13 at 4:33pmpost #3299 of 40204/1/13 at 10:40ampost #3300 of 40204/1/13 at 1:09pm
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 42 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 51 seconds ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Who makes the best belts? 2 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 4 minutes ago
- › Ambrosi Napoli 5 minutes ago
- › What is this hat? 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...