Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 220post #3286 of 38393/29/13 at 1:41pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3287 of 38393/29/13 at 1:53pmQuote:Originally Posted by sugarbutch
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
PTO alerts us to a sale at Exquisite Trimmings, purveyor of many fine Drakes hanks...
I received the email with the code from Shaya, but it seems like the site is down. Is too much traffic from PTO overloading the servers?post #3288 of 38393/30/13 at 10:09am
Personally I would recommend using something a little different as a pocket square, my personal guilty pleasure are vintage/replica maps in silks and cottons. A reasonable example is the suit supply one below, not as lovely as Rubinacci's Napoli ones or as practical as the London underground ones you can find on etsy but still something a little different but subtle and a very good talking point with the lady that catches your eye!post #3289 of 38393/30/13 at 4:54pmI would like to actually use pocket squares to polish my glasses with. I find that the normal cotton ones are too finely weaved to work properly. I haven't tried linen. I imagine a jersey weave like a T-shirt would be best for this. Does anyone know of squares in jersey weave, or have other suggestions for polish squares? Would such a PS be very controversial?post #3290 of 38393/30/13 at 5:06pmpost #3291 of 38393/31/13 at 4:31ampost #3292 of 38393/31/13 at 6:03ampost #3293 of 38393/31/13 at 6:52amQuote:Originally Posted by Syeknom
The Fat Cloth make microfibre squares designed to be practically useful for situations like that. They've some attractive designs but certainly wouldn't get down with the material myself.
Thanks, I'll look into that.Quote:
I do to. I think it would be better to have a PS for it though. Do you also use microfiber? Any other suggestions anyone?post #3294 of 38393/31/13 at 9:11ampost #3295 of 38393/31/13 at 1:05pmpost #3296 of 38393/31/13 at 3:35pm^Are they good for glasses? I was just at a birthday party today, and after a while I wanted to polish my glasses. I had not taken my microfiber cloth with me in my trousers, because it is too big and creates a bulge in my pants (In the wrong place). The polish with a regular cotton PS was unsatisfactory. I ended up using the table cloth, which was a thicker cotton. It was a lively party, and wine had already been spilled on the table cloth, so I judged that it wasn't a serious breach of decorum to use it. Perhaps I should just buy a smaller microfiber cloth, but I still like the idea of a PS with a function. I would not wear a microfiber PS in the jacket pocket though. It would be nice with a cotton one which was a bit sturdy. Ah these First World problems. I feel a bit like this lady:post #3297 of 38393/31/13 at 3:52pmThey might work okay for glasses, but considering that microfiber is much easier on coated lenses, I can see your attraction to it. It's just thick and not particularly elegant.
Cotton hankies do get much softer than pocket squares because you wash them a lot. So they'd probably do a better job.
#firstworldproblems is right...post #3298 of 38393/31/13 at 4:33pmpost #3299 of 38394/1/13 at 10:40ampost #3300 of 38394/1/13 at 1:09pm
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 50 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 2 minutes ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 3 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 3 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Levi's Wool Jacket 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...