Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: Today
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- Styleforum visits De Bonne Facture at Paris Men's Week 2016Last edited: 1/29/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 207post #3091 of 41201/30/13 at 5:19pmThread StarterDrakes gets a lot of well deserved attention for pocket squares and ties. For something different, I find myself seeking out the colorful and expressive patterns of the British company Seward & Stern. I just picked up one yesterday. I'll shoot some pics tomorrow when there is some good natural light.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3092 of 41201/30/13 at 5:26pmThread Starterpost #3093 of 41201/30/13 at 5:29pmQuote:
I picked up two at the last Barney's sale and they are currently in heavy rotation. Care to share where you got yours yesterday? They don't seem to have a website and I haven't found many online sellers.post #3094 of 41201/30/13 at 5:42pmpost #3095 of 41201/30/13 at 6:14pmThread Starterpost #3096 of 41201/30/13 at 7:37pmpost #3097 of 41201/30/13 at 9:22pmThread Starterpost #3098 of 41201/30/13 at 11:16pmpost #3099 of 41201/31/13 at 3:31amQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Drakes gets a lot of well deserved attention for pocket squares and ties. For something different, I find myself seeking out the colorful and expressive patterns of the British company Seward & Stern. I just picked up one yesterday. I'll shoot some pics tomorrow when there is some good natural light.Quote:
I had someone here proxy one from the last Barneys sale as well. I wasn't familiar with the name, but I've really enjoyed this one:post #3100 of 41201/31/13 at 5:21amQuote:
I got that same one too, as well as the same design in green/purple. In fact I wore the green/purple one to a performance Tuesday night - sort of a Paul Stuart vibe.
I didn't see them on Wingtip's site, and it doesn't look like Heimies, Khaki's or Wilkes Bashford has them online either. Just curious, has anyone has seen Seaward & Stern online other than Barney's?post #3101 of 41201/31/13 at 5:24am
I am looking to get a few pocket squares with more of a matte finish to contrast slightly with some of my ties, which tend to have a shinier look. I am looking at Sam Hober, especially the Macclesfield Madder and Thai Printed. Does anyone know of any other brands that offer a non-shiny finish? Below are links to the ones I am considering. I am new to pocket squares, so I would appriciate any feedback as to which might be the most versatile. For reference, most of my ties are dot, check, solid or neat patterns. I don't have any paisly or print ties. Thanks.post #3102 of 41201/31/13 at 5:31amQuote:Quote:
What will you wear this pocket square with? I'm interested in what you think it goes with.post #3103 of 41201/31/13 at 5:59ampost #3104 of 41201/31/13 at 11:42amThread StarterQuote:
It is easy to wear with jeans and a blazer where you want some color.
I like the mix of purples with greens. Here also with a charcoal cashmere tie and denim shirtpost #3105 of 41201/31/13 at 12:29pmThread Starter
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 seconds ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 11 seconds ago
- › Unlined Rancourt Caramel Shell Pinch Penny Loafer 8.5D 32 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 37 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 4 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...