Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 207post #3091 of 39191/30/13 at 5:19pmThread StarterDrakes gets a lot of well deserved attention for pocket squares and ties. For something different, I find myself seeking out the colorful and expressive patterns of the British company Seward & Stern. I just picked up one yesterday. I'll shoot some pics tomorrow when there is some good natural light.
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3092 of 39191/30/13 at 5:26pmThread Starterpost #3093 of 39191/30/13 at 5:29pmQuote:
I picked up two at the last Barney's sale and they are currently in heavy rotation. Care to share where you got yours yesterday? They don't seem to have a website and I haven't found many online sellers.post #3094 of 39191/30/13 at 5:42pmpost #3095 of 39191/30/13 at 6:14pmThread Starterpost #3096 of 39191/30/13 at 7:37pmpost #3097 of 39191/30/13 at 9:22pmThread Starterpost #3098 of 39191/30/13 at 11:16pmpost #3099 of 39191/31/13 at 3:31amQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Drakes gets a lot of well deserved attention for pocket squares and ties. For something different, I find myself seeking out the colorful and expressive patterns of the British company Seward & Stern. I just picked up one yesterday. I'll shoot some pics tomorrow when there is some good natural light.Quote:
I had someone here proxy one from the last Barneys sale as well. I wasn't familiar with the name, but I've really enjoyed this one:post #3100 of 39191/31/13 at 5:21amQuote:
I got that same one too, as well as the same design in green/purple. In fact I wore the green/purple one to a performance Tuesday night - sort of a Paul Stuart vibe.
I didn't see them on Wingtip's site, and it doesn't look like Heimies, Khaki's or Wilkes Bashford has them online either. Just curious, has anyone has seen Seaward & Stern online other than Barney's?post #3101 of 39191/31/13 at 5:24am
I am looking to get a few pocket squares with more of a matte finish to contrast slightly with some of my ties, which tend to have a shinier look. I am looking at Sam Hober, especially the Macclesfield Madder and Thai Printed. Does anyone know of any other brands that offer a non-shiny finish? Below are links to the ones I am considering. I am new to pocket squares, so I would appriciate any feedback as to which might be the most versatile. For reference, most of my ties are dot, check, solid or neat patterns. I don't have any paisly or print ties. Thanks.post #3102 of 39191/31/13 at 5:31amQuote:Quote:
What will you wear this pocket square with? I'm interested in what you think it goes with.post #3103 of 39191/31/13 at 5:59ampost #3104 of 39191/31/13 at 11:42amThread StarterQuote:
It is easy to wear with jeans and a blazer where you want some color.
I like the mix of purples with greens. Here also with a charcoal cashmere tie and denim shirtpost #3105 of 39191/31/13 at 12:29pmThread Starter
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Australian Members 10 seconds ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 26 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › New Gaziano Girling Wiltshire Polo Suede UK6.5 WITH LASTED TREES 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 18 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 25 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 28 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 34 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...