Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 200post #2986 of 399312/20/12 at 8:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2987 of 399312/21/12 at 1:36pmThread Starterpost #2988 of 399312/21/12 at 2:07pmpost #2989 of 399312/22/12 at 4:37ampost #2990 of 399312/24/12 at 7:46amQuote:Originally Posted by pleco
So last night at a party a girl with banoffee pie on her fingers looked quizically at my prized Rubinacci PS and reached for it. My heart almost stopped and I instinctively batted her hand away. Have I been spending too much time on SF?
I live/work within a jeans and t-shirt influenced location. The few times I wear a PS, It is impossible for people not to play with it. The girls just like them for what they are, and the men yank them out to "show me how to do it right". Gee, thanks so much for the beautiful new 6" tall puffer'ish whatever you just did.post #2991 of 399312/24/12 at 8:23amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by atoms
I live/work within a jeans and t-shirt influenced location. The few times I wear a PS, It is impossible for people not to play with it. The girls just like them for what they are, and the men yank them out to "show me how to do it right". Gee, thanks so much for the beautiful new 6" tall puffer'ish whatever you just did.
Great post!post #2992 of 399312/24/12 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
It's a rare combination of colors for a PS...it's true that it's not that versatile, but I think with certain jackets it would be significantly better than the standard colorways. If they have it in the London store, they should have it in the Naples store as well, and I'll be there next month. If it's not there though, I might send you a PM if you're willing to proxy.
yup, they have it in naples. just bought one last week!post #2993 of 399312/26/12 at 8:33am
Awesome.Quote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Wool and wool and silk blend pocket squares
I was down at J Lawrence Khaki's of Carmel on Sunday and took some pics of just a few of their massive collection of pocket squares. The owner, Jim Ockert, loves accessories so he is a real pocket square kind of guy. I have other pics of silk squares but wanted to show the wool and wool blends that I think are so nice this time of year. If all you have are silk or cotton squares, try a wool or wool/silk blend. You'll enjoy it.post #2994 of 399312/26/12 at 3:09pmThread Starterpost #2995 of 399312/26/12 at 7:53pmpost #2996 of 399312/28/12 at 12:30pmThread Starterpost #2997 of 399312/28/12 at 1:45pmpost #2998 of 399312/28/12 at 4:02pmI got five new pocket squares for Christmas/Chanukah , which means that I now just about have enough that I "need" somewhere interesting to keep them that isn't just a drawer. Does anyone have any recommendations for a pocket square rack? I see there is one on Kent Wang's site, but the $25 for shipping is making me balk. I quite like the idea of the circular rack though...post #2999 of 399312/28/12 at 6:59pmDoes this work with a navy blazer and a lavender purple kind of button down shirt?
Also, how is a wool pocket square?
Any other suggestions are welcomed. I'm basically looking for something with a navy blazer and a lavender patterned button down shirt. Looking at a pocket square in anything but silk.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 4 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 24 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 32 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 47 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 2 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Portland Dry Goods [OFFICIAL] Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUN... 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...