Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 200post #2986 of 403912/20/12 at 8:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2987 of 403912/21/12 at 1:36pmThread Starterpost #2988 of 403912/21/12 at 2:07pmpost #2989 of 403912/22/12 at 4:37ampost #2990 of 403912/24/12 at 7:46amQuote:Originally Posted by pleco
So last night at a party a girl with banoffee pie on her fingers looked quizically at my prized Rubinacci PS and reached for it. My heart almost stopped and I instinctively batted her hand away. Have I been spending too much time on SF?
I live/work within a jeans and t-shirt influenced location. The few times I wear a PS, It is impossible for people not to play with it. The girls just like them for what they are, and the men yank them out to "show me how to do it right". Gee, thanks so much for the beautiful new 6" tall puffer'ish whatever you just did.post #2991 of 403912/24/12 at 8:23amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by atoms
I live/work within a jeans and t-shirt influenced location. The few times I wear a PS, It is impossible for people not to play with it. The girls just like them for what they are, and the men yank them out to "show me how to do it right". Gee, thanks so much for the beautiful new 6" tall puffer'ish whatever you just did.
Great post!post #2992 of 403912/24/12 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
It's a rare combination of colors for a PS...it's true that it's not that versatile, but I think with certain jackets it would be significantly better than the standard colorways. If they have it in the London store, they should have it in the Naples store as well, and I'll be there next month. If it's not there though, I might send you a PM if you're willing to proxy.
yup, they have it in naples. just bought one last week!post #2993 of 403912/26/12 at 8:33am
Awesome.Quote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Wool and wool and silk blend pocket squares
I was down at J Lawrence Khaki's of Carmel on Sunday and took some pics of just a few of their massive collection of pocket squares. The owner, Jim Ockert, loves accessories so he is a real pocket square kind of guy. I have other pics of silk squares but wanted to show the wool and wool blends that I think are so nice this time of year. If all you have are silk or cotton squares, try a wool or wool/silk blend. You'll enjoy it.post #2994 of 403912/26/12 at 3:09pmThread Starterpost #2995 of 403912/26/12 at 7:53pmpost #2996 of 403912/28/12 at 12:30pmThread Starterpost #2997 of 403912/28/12 at 1:45pmpost #2998 of 403912/28/12 at 4:02pmI got five new pocket squares for Christmas/Chanukah , which means that I now just about have enough that I "need" somewhere interesting to keep them that isn't just a drawer. Does anyone have any recommendations for a pocket square rack? I see there is one on Kent Wang's site, but the $25 for shipping is making me balk. I quite like the idea of the circular rack though...post #2999 of 403912/28/12 at 6:59pmDoes this work with a navy blazer and a lavender purple kind of button down shirt?
Also, how is a wool pocket square?
Any other suggestions are welcomed. I'm basically looking for something with a navy blazer and a lavender patterned button down shirt. Looking at a pocket square in anything but silk.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › Creepy Sartorial Images 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › Hannibal (NBC) 2 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Halifax, Uk 10/10.5US In Willow Country Calf 10 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 11 minutes ago
- › Kent Wang RTW Pants 14 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015