Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 200post #2986 of 388112/20/12 at 8:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2987 of 388112/21/12 at 1:36pmThread Starterpost #2988 of 388112/21/12 at 2:07pmpost #2989 of 388112/22/12 at 4:37ampost #2990 of 388112/24/12 at 7:46amQuote:Originally Posted by pleco
So last night at a party a girl with banoffee pie on her fingers looked quizically at my prized Rubinacci PS and reached for it. My heart almost stopped and I instinctively batted her hand away. Have I been spending too much time on SF?
I live/work within a jeans and t-shirt influenced location. The few times I wear a PS, It is impossible for people not to play with it. The girls just like them for what they are, and the men yank them out to "show me how to do it right". Gee, thanks so much for the beautiful new 6" tall puffer'ish whatever you just did.post #2991 of 388112/24/12 at 8:23amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by atoms
I live/work within a jeans and t-shirt influenced location. The few times I wear a PS, It is impossible for people not to play with it. The girls just like them for what they are, and the men yank them out to "show me how to do it right". Gee, thanks so much for the beautiful new 6" tall puffer'ish whatever you just did.
Great post!post #2992 of 388112/24/12 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
It's a rare combination of colors for a PS...it's true that it's not that versatile, but I think with certain jackets it would be significantly better than the standard colorways. If they have it in the London store, they should have it in the Naples store as well, and I'll be there next month. If it's not there though, I might send you a PM if you're willing to proxy.
yup, they have it in naples. just bought one last week!post #2993 of 388112/26/12 at 8:33am
Awesome.Quote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Wool and wool and silk blend pocket squares
I was down at J Lawrence Khaki's of Carmel on Sunday and took some pics of just a few of their massive collection of pocket squares. The owner, Jim Ockert, loves accessories so he is a real pocket square kind of guy. I have other pics of silk squares but wanted to show the wool and wool blends that I think are so nice this time of year. If all you have are silk or cotton squares, try a wool or wool/silk blend. You'll enjoy it.post #2994 of 388112/26/12 at 3:09pmThread Starterpost #2995 of 388112/26/12 at 7:53pmpost #2996 of 388112/28/12 at 12:30pmThread Starterpost #2997 of 388112/28/12 at 1:45pmpost #2998 of 388112/28/12 at 4:02pmI got five new pocket squares for Christmas/Chanukah , which means that I now just about have enough that I "need" somewhere interesting to keep them that isn't just a drawer. Does anyone have any recommendations for a pocket square rack? I see there is one on Kent Wang's site, but the $25 for shipping is making me balk. I quite like the idea of the circular rack though...post #2999 of 388112/28/12 at 6:59pmDoes this work with a navy blazer and a lavender purple kind of button down shirt?
Also, how is a wool pocket square?
Any other suggestions are welcomed. I'm basically looking for something with a navy blazer and a lavender patterned button down shirt. Looking at a pocket square in anything but silk.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › CHRISTOPHE LEMAIRE FW2014 10 minutes ago
- › Sole Welting 12 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 13 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 19 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...