Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 200post #2986 of 390312/20/12 at 8:17pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2987 of 390312/21/12 at 1:36pmThread Starterpost #2988 of 390312/21/12 at 2:07pmpost #2989 of 390312/22/12 at 4:37ampost #2990 of 390312/24/12 at 7:46amQuote:Originally Posted by pleco
So last night at a party a girl with banoffee pie on her fingers looked quizically at my prized Rubinacci PS and reached for it. My heart almost stopped and I instinctively batted her hand away. Have I been spending too much time on SF?
I live/work within a jeans and t-shirt influenced location. The few times I wear a PS, It is impossible for people not to play with it. The girls just like them for what they are, and the men yank them out to "show me how to do it right". Gee, thanks so much for the beautiful new 6" tall puffer'ish whatever you just did.post #2991 of 390312/24/12 at 8:23amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by atoms
I live/work within a jeans and t-shirt influenced location. The few times I wear a PS, It is impossible for people not to play with it. The girls just like them for what they are, and the men yank them out to "show me how to do it right". Gee, thanks so much for the beautiful new 6" tall puffer'ish whatever you just did.
Great post!post #2992 of 390312/24/12 at 8:23amQuote:Originally Posted by unbelragazzo
It's a rare combination of colors for a PS...it's true that it's not that versatile, but I think with certain jackets it would be significantly better than the standard colorways. If they have it in the London store, they should have it in the Naples store as well, and I'll be there next month. If it's not there though, I might send you a PM if you're willing to proxy.
yup, they have it in naples. just bought one last week!post #2993 of 390312/26/12 at 8:33am
Awesome.Quote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Wool and wool and silk blend pocket squares
I was down at J Lawrence Khaki's of Carmel on Sunday and took some pics of just a few of their massive collection of pocket squares. The owner, Jim Ockert, loves accessories so he is a real pocket square kind of guy. I have other pics of silk squares but wanted to show the wool and wool blends that I think are so nice this time of year. If all you have are silk or cotton squares, try a wool or wool/silk blend. You'll enjoy it.post #2994 of 390312/26/12 at 3:09pmThread Starterpost #2995 of 390312/26/12 at 7:53pmpost #2996 of 390312/28/12 at 12:30pmThread Starterpost #2997 of 390312/28/12 at 1:45pmpost #2998 of 390312/28/12 at 4:02pmI got five new pocket squares for Christmas/Chanukah , which means that I now just about have enough that I "need" somewhere interesting to keep them that isn't just a drawer. Does anyone have any recommendations for a pocket square rack? I see there is one on Kent Wang's site, but the $25 for shipping is making me balk. I quite like the idea of the circular rack though...post #2999 of 390312/28/12 at 6:59pmDoes this work with a navy blazer and a lavender purple kind of button down shirt?
Also, how is a wool pocket square?
Any other suggestions are welcomed. I'm basically looking for something with a navy blazer and a lavender patterned button down shirt. Looking at a pocket square in anything but silk.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 seconds ago
- › Alden x JGilbert Shell Cordovan Plaza Last Wingtip Boot Color #8 -... 19 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 31 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › A.P.C. The official thread for APC questions. 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...