Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 11:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 191post #2851 of 391911/20/12 at 7:27amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2852 of 391911/20/12 at 7:30amThe Robt. Talbott outlet store has a new order in stock ($25 each + Thanksgiving reduction). See: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2CZt2bly1atDI&emid=shareprintsharer&linkid=link5&cid=EM_sharshar
Contact at the Gilroy (CA) outlet is Sherri.post #2853 of 391911/20/12 at 8:42ampost #2854 of 391911/20/12 at 11:32amThread Starter
Thanks. Yes, it is from Mina. I wanted a heavy, warm jacket with a mix of 1940's details and a modern cut. Something to throw on with jeans, khakis or cords for running around or can dress up with nice flannels. For me it is really a blend of a tailored jacket and outerwear. I'm really enjoying it.post #2855 of 391911/20/12 at 12:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Here is an Etro pocket square. It has dots and squares of various sizes, brown, cream, blue, gold and bright green colors. It adds a more modern twist and color to a simple and traditional outfit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice! I actually have a brown Etro that is the exact same as that brown polka dot section.post #2856 of 391911/20/12 at 3:59pmpost #2857 of 391911/20/12 at 4:10pm
In purple.post #2858 of 391911/21/12 at 2:21pmpost #2859 of 391911/21/12 at 3:10pmpost #2860 of 391911/22/12 at 10:04pmpost #2861 of 391911/22/12 at 10:40pmpost #2862 of 391911/23/12 at 5:21am
There are many wonderful examples here and genuine gentlemen with a wonderful sense of style.
Pocket squares are such a wonderful addition. I love coordinating colors and making them work.
If you do not know what you are doing going to a simple white all the time..play and learn.
And enjoy. This is all about enjoying life..
post #2863 of 391911/23/12 at 2:45pmI found some pocket squares that I really liked, but not only did they have unfinished edges, but the edges also were not straight, so when you're going to roll the edges the border would be gone, therefore the pocket square would mostly used for a puff really. Say retail price is 80$, but these I can get for 10-20$, worth it?post #2864 of 391911/23/12 at 3:04pmpost #2865 of 391911/23/12 at 4:55pmQuote:
that looks mighty familiar...
really like your ps, gus. not only was it a twist to your "traditional outfit" but it also made a subtle yet clear "kiss my ass" attitude to your whole ensemble.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Random fashion thoughts 18 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 21 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 35 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 48 seconds ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 56 seconds ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › San Francisco SF Bay Area Meetup and Trunk Show Hosted by Epaulet... 1 minute ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...