Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:35 am in Classic Menswear
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 191post #2851 of 396011/20/12 at 7:27amThread Starter
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2852 of 396011/20/12 at 7:30amThe Robt. Talbott outlet store has a new order in stock ($25 each + Thanksgiving reduction). See: http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=2CZt2bly1atDI&emid=shareprintsharer&linkid=link5&cid=EM_sharshar
Contact at the Gilroy (CA) outlet is Sherri.post #2853 of 396011/20/12 at 8:42ampost #2854 of 396011/20/12 at 11:32amThread Starter
Thanks. Yes, it is from Mina. I wanted a heavy, warm jacket with a mix of 1940's details and a modern cut. Something to throw on with jeans, khakis or cords for running around or can dress up with nice flannels. For me it is really a blend of a tailored jacket and outerwear. I'm really enjoying it.post #2855 of 396011/20/12 at 12:21pmQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
Here is an Etro pocket square. It has dots and squares of various sizes, brown, cream, blue, gold and bright green colors. It adds a more modern twist and color to a simple and traditional outfit. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice! I actually have a brown Etro that is the exact same as that brown polka dot section.post #2856 of 396011/20/12 at 3:59pmpost #2857 of 396011/20/12 at 4:10pm
In purple.post #2858 of 396011/21/12 at 2:21pmpost #2859 of 396011/21/12 at 3:10pmpost #2860 of 396011/22/12 at 10:04pmpost #2861 of 396011/22/12 at 10:40pmpost #2862 of 396011/23/12 at 5:21am
There are many wonderful examples here and genuine gentlemen with a wonderful sense of style.
Pocket squares are such a wonderful addition. I love coordinating colors and making them work.
If you do not know what you are doing going to a simple white all the time..play and learn.
And enjoy. This is all about enjoying life..
post #2863 of 396011/23/12 at 2:45pmI found some pocket squares that I really liked, but not only did they have unfinished edges, but the edges also were not straight, so when you're going to roll the edges the border would be gone, therefore the pocket square would mostly used for a puff really. Say retail price is 80$, but these I can get for 10-20$, worth it?post #2864 of 396011/23/12 at 3:04pmpost #2865 of 396011/23/12 at 4:55pmQuote:
that looks mighty familiar...
really like your ps, gus. not only was it a twist to your "traditional outfit" but it also made a subtle yet clear "kiss my ass" attitude to your whole ensemble.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 34 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 5 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 5 minutes ago
- › Technical Outerwear 7 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE MAY 29 2015: Dress like a Fruit...or Vegetable 9 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan