Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?Last edited: Yesterday
- Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?Last edited: 2/8/16
- What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?Last edited: 2/4/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 186
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2777 of 41219/20/12 at 6:29pmpost #2778 of 41219/20/12 at 7:09pmpost #2779 of 41219/20/12 at 7:20pmpost #2780 of 41219/20/12 at 7:32pmpost #2781 of 41219/20/12 at 9:14pmpost #2782 of 41219/21/12 at 8:00ampost #2783 of 41219/21/12 at 11:56ampost #2784 of 41219/21/12 at 3:08pmpost #2785 of 41219/21/12 at 3:18pmpost #2786 of 41219/21/12 at 3:35pmpost #2787 of 41219/22/12 at 12:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Kent Wang
After the success of the RJ cat pocket square, I am starting to do more original prints. This is really some of the most fun I've ever had in my business. While I'm not skilled enough to make art, I do have an interest in it and this lets me indulge my passion. Making all these prints is quite expensive and not very profitable, but I enjoy doing it.
Here are some designs I have in the works: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Elijah Burritt star chart
Cellarius star chart
Notre Dame rose window
The Great Wave off Kanagawa
The production process is quite slow so it may be two or three months before they'll be available for sale. These are all public domain works that I have had edited. For the next batch I intend on hiring illustrators to draw new designs.
Have you also considered doing some Art Nouveau/Deco designs? I find Horta's work very inspirational.post #2788 of 41219/22/12 at 8:37ampost #2789 of 41219/22/12 at 3:07pm
The squares will be 12" silk. Same as the RJ cat pocket square, which has been thoroughly tested at that size.Quote:
I got the Unicorn Tapestry from the Met since it's held at The Cloisters. Their site is huge, very overwhelming. I never really liked medieval art until I started on this project.
Neat, I'll check those out.Quote:
I'm a big fan of both art nouveau and art deco, deco more so. I looked at some of Mucha's work but they didn't quite fit. I'll probably commission an artist to draw original designs for both deco and nouveau.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 41 seconds ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 3 minutes ago
- › Kamakura Shirts - Madison Ave Store 4 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Rag & Bone Denim 6 minutes ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 6 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...