Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 186
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2777 of 40209/20/12 at 6:29pmpost #2778 of 40209/20/12 at 7:09pmpost #2779 of 40209/20/12 at 7:20pmpost #2780 of 40209/20/12 at 7:32pmpost #2781 of 40209/20/12 at 9:14pmpost #2782 of 40209/21/12 at 8:00ampost #2783 of 40209/21/12 at 11:56ampost #2784 of 40209/21/12 at 3:08pmpost #2785 of 40209/21/12 at 3:18pmpost #2786 of 40209/21/12 at 3:35pmpost #2787 of 40209/22/12 at 12:38amQuote:Originally Posted by Kent Wang
After the success of the RJ cat pocket square, I am starting to do more original prints. This is really some of the most fun I've ever had in my business. While I'm not skilled enough to make art, I do have an interest in it and this lets me indulge my passion. Making all these prints is quite expensive and not very profitable, but I enjoy doing it.
Here are some designs I have in the works: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Elijah Burritt star chart
Cellarius star chart
Notre Dame rose window
The Great Wave off Kanagawa
The production process is quite slow so it may be two or three months before they'll be available for sale. These are all public domain works that I have had edited. For the next batch I intend on hiring illustrators to draw new designs.
Have you also considered doing some Art Nouveau/Deco designs? I find Horta's work very inspirational.post #2788 of 40209/22/12 at 8:37ampost #2789 of 40209/22/12 at 3:07pm
The squares will be 12" silk. Same as the RJ cat pocket square, which has been thoroughly tested at that size.Quote:
I got the Unicorn Tapestry from the Met since it's held at The Cloisters. Their site is huge, very overwhelming. I never really liked medieval art until I started on this project.
Neat, I'll check those out.Quote:
I'm a big fan of both art nouveau and art deco, deco more so. I looked at some of Mucha's work but they didn't quite fit. I'll probably commission an artist to draw original designs for both deco and nouveau.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 48 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 49 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 57 seconds ago
- › *Edited* Helping a rural Midwestern find his classic style 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › MC General Chat 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Denimbruin 2015 San Francisco/Oakland July 31-August 2nd 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...