or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 174

post #2596 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by A.J.V View Post


Sand.
http://sand.dk/

 Thanks. I see they don't sell them online though, too bad frown.gif

post #2597 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Thoughts?



tom ford
hermes
drakes
btw hampton where did you get the 2nd pic of the suit from, I've been looking for a suit exactly like that!
post #2598 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

Thanks for the brands but I was asking for the names of retailers where you get your favorite squares. I get at least one PM a day asking where to get them. Many know the brands, they are looking for new selections. So the retailer, or online retailers name is helpful.

Sorry I misunderstood.

Here goes:
Drakes, from Samuel Parker (small mens clotheier in Baltimore) or online directly from Drakes (http://www.drakes-london.com) or Mr. Porter (http://www.mrporter.com/Shop/Designers/Drakes)
Sam Hober from Sam Hober (http://www.samhober.com/)
Kent Wang (http://www.kentwang.com/pocket-squares)

I have also had good luck at Saks Fifth Ave, although their selection is more mainstream.

Plus of course, B&S I have a handful of awesome Talbott and Tom Ford squares I purchased from various members here.

Also, Put This On has a pocket square subscription service, http://putthison.com/post/11574601562/the-put-this-on-gentlemens-association-is-here
post #2599 of 3798
For some reason I cant edit my post from this computer, but Will at A Suitable Wardrobe has a good selection of Drake's squares as well.

http://store.asuitablewardrobe.net/pocketsquaresandhandkerchiefs.aspx
post #2600 of 3798
The strike rate is low, but then so are the prices: Loehmann's
post #2601 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

Question to all you pocket square wearing guys.
"What are your two or three favorite retailers for pocket squares?" Share them with us.
Please note, if you are a reseller you cannot list yourself or I will use my DH powers and delete you. Let's keep this informative and transparent. We want these to be true recommendations and not ads.
I'll weigh in on Friday when I get back home. Hopefully with some photos.

I had to think about where I've gotten most of my squares from, but it seems like most came from

-Hermes
-A Suitable Wardrobe
-Sam Hober
-Ben Silver
post #2602 of 3798
Quote:
Question to all you pocket square wearing guys.
"What are your two or three favorite retailers for pocket squares?" Share them with us.
Please note, if you are a reseller you cannot list yourself or I will use my DH powers and delete you. Let's keep this informative and transparent. We want these to be true recommendations and not ads.

My favorite by far is Century21.
post #2603 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

Here are my top 8 recommended pocket squares
6) Madras- When spring and summer come around I want classic seasonal colors. I think madras looks relaxed and fresh every spring and ideal with light weight seasonal clothing. Get yourself one of these and you will wear it for years to come.
700
tanTVfold.jpg
Linenmadras.jpg
 

 

 Is the "Madras" pocket square a linen, cotton or silk pocket square. I'd really like to get one of these close to the one you have here. It looks awesome with that cream jacket.

post #2604 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

 Is the "Madras" pocket square a linen, cotton or silk pocket square. I'd really like to get one of these close to the one you have here. It looks awesome with that cream jacket.

True Madras is cotton:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madras_%28cloth%29

But the characteristic colors and plaids are now created in lots of fabrics and called a "Madras print."
post #2605 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC View Post

My favorite by far is Century21.

True. They have a lot of Chinese junk but for the good quality stuff, Brioni, Tom Ford, Talbott, PRL etc.. their prices acannot be beaten.

post #2606 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaneurNYC View Post

My favorite by far is Century21.

+1. When I first started wearing pocket squares, I got a bunch of Talbott squares from C21 for $8-12 each and wore them almost exclusively. I've since expanded to Drakes, Cappelli (thanks davesmith!), etc, but an ancient madder Talbott from C21 is probably the PS that I've gotten the most use out of.
post #2607 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post

I had to think about where I've gotten most of my squares from, but it seems like most came from
-Hermes
-A Suitable Wardrobe
-Sam Hober
-Ben Silver

I totally forgot about Ben Silver, they usually have a decent selection of Drakes squares, and you dont have to pay the international shipping if you ordered the same thing from Drakes London.
post #2608 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

 

 Is the "Madras" pocket square a linen, cotton or silk pocket square. I'd really like to get one of these close to the one you have here. It looks awesome with that cream jacket.

 

 TheTieBar.com has some cotton madras squares, check them out. Although none of them looks as nice as the one in that picture...

post #2609 of 3798
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpreston View Post

I totally forgot about Ben Silver, they usually have a decent selection of Drakes squares, and you dont have to pay the international shipping if you ordered the same thing from Drakes London.

They're having a sale right now, too. A lot of them are sold out since I was there on Monday!

http://www.bensilver.com/Sale-Accessories.html
post #2610 of 3798
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FillW View Post

 Is the "Madras" pocket square a linen, cotton or silk pocket square. I'd really like to get one of these close to the one you have here. It looks awesome with that cream jacket.

The Madras looking plaid pocket square is 100% cotton with no brand name for Bergdorf Goodman
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....