or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 163

post #2431 of 3794
I tried to fold my pocket square into a square and tuck it into my pocket.

I noticed though it kept disappearing down into the pocket and I had to pull up every now and then. Wow it was annoying and embarrassing a bit.

What am I doing wrong? :noob here:


Took a look at the vids PSG, thanks
post #2432 of 3794
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Now I understand why your name is pocketsquareguy, that text was awesome happy.gif

Thanks Hampton, glad I could be of help. But I selected the name PSG because about 20 others that I tried had been taken smile.gif
post #2433 of 3794
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

How would you compare let's say a Rubinnacci ps to a Tom Ford ps?

To steal an expression from my British wife, they are "Chalk and Cheese" smile.gif The majority of Tom Fold ones I have seen have bold graphic patterns, usually in two or three colors which have a retro-modern feel.

On the other hand, Rubinacci has very old classic images/designs using numerous colors on almost every pocket square.

So two very different looks. Choose what suits your personal style.

They are both good quality silk and printing.
post #2434 of 3794
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post


To steal an expression from my British wife, they are "Chalk and Cheese" smile.gif The majority of Tom Fold ones I have seen have bold graphic patterns, usually in two or three colors which have a retro-modern feel.
On the other hand, Rubinacci has very old classic images/designs using numerous colors on almost every pocket square.
So two very different looks. Choose what suits your personal style.
They are both good quality silk and printing.

Thanks for the info! Will def try out a Rubinacci ps and a tie as well to see what i'm missing over here :)

post #2435 of 3794
guess are oliver peoples, thought even about moscot, but i doubt
post #2436 of 3794
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernstyle View Post


Quote:


Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

Moving beyond white shirts and white linen pocket squares (we can come back at any time
)


I like the way this guy is adding a whole new color of green. Yet the polka dots tie in nicely by matching his shirt color for a coordinated look.


If you are new to pocket squares, consider small polka dots in white or light/medium blue so they will coordinate with your most common shirt colors in a subtle way.







Any idea what kind of glasses these are?
guess are oliver peoples, thought even about moscot, but i doubt
post #2437 of 3794

This isn't really SF approved but ...

 

For the next few days I will ship Rubinacci squares for $95. (I will make a new thread with the ones I have available -  I will put a link in my signature shortly.)

 

If you buy from the store in Naples they are 85 EUR, online it they work out to be around 100 EUR which is $125 depending which convertor you use and the rate on that day.

 

The Rubinacci store in London sells the squares for around 80-85 pounds ($130).

 

After this weekend my prices will be changing to pounds (I moved to London around 2 weeks ago) and a new website will be launching. Also, there will be a cap at which I will offer free shipping (worldwide) but it won't be possible on all orders since the postage charges in the UK are astronomical compared with the US.

 

One more thing, most luxury brands require their products to be sold at certain prices by their retailers, actually, I can't think of anyone that I have approached that doesn't have a really strict policy including no sales, only 1/2 sales a year that have to be authorized by the company, no price wars with other retailers to mention a few. For this reason certain items just won't appear on B&S at a large discount unless they are used or one off items.

post #2438 of 3794
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

This isn't really SF approved but ...

For the next few days I will ship Rubinacci squares for $95. (I will make a new thread with the ones I have available -  I will put a link in my signature shortly.)


biggrin.gif waiting on the link
post #2439 of 3794
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renton View Post

biggrin.gif waiting on the link

Click the bottom of Davesmith's post, the signature that says "LINK"
post #2440 of 3794
Yeah, I linked it in the thumbs-up. They look pretty nice but I have yet to see one IRL.
post #2441 of 3794
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

   This isn't really SF approved but ...

 

For the next few days I will ship Rubinacci squares for $95. (I will make a new thread with the ones I have available -  I will put a link in my signature shortly.)

 

If you buy from the store in Naples they are 85 EUR, online it they work out to be around 100 EUR which is $125 depending which convertor you use and the rate on that day.

 

The Rubinacci store in London sells the squares for around 80-85 pounds ($130).

 

After this weekend my prices will be changing to pounds (I moved to London around 2 weeks ago) and a new website will be launching. Also, there will be a cap at which I will offer free shipping (worldwide) but it won't be possible on all orders since the postage charges in the UK are astronomical compared with the US.

 

One more thing, most luxury brands require their products to be sold at certain prices by their retailers, actually, I can't think of anyone that I have approached that doesn't have a really strict policy including no sales, only 1/2 sales a year that have to be authorized by the company, no price wars with other retailers to mention a few. For this reason certain items just won't appear on B&S at a large discount unless they are used or one off items.

 

Okay I see. Will you have free shipment inside EU?

post #2442 of 3794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton View Post

Okay I see. Will you have free shipment inside EU?

 

This is what postage costs me from the UK. (All with tracking). This is via the post office, to use a courier, add a zero to all these numbers.

 

Within the UK - £4 ($6)

 

Europe - £7 ($10)

 

USA - £9 ($14)

 

Considering I was sending stuff with tracking within the USA, that would get there within 3 days, for $1.64 I would say I am facing a huge increase in my shipping costs!! At the moment I am unsure what to do, however, I am leaning towards charging actual postage and having free shipping for an order or X amount, not 100% sure what that amount will be yet....

 

I have checked out a bunch of UK retailers and few, if any, offer free shipping.

 

 

Now a picture of a pocket square.

 

on-the-street-milan-fashion-week-_burberry-prorsum.jpeg

post #2443 of 3794

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renton View Post

biggrin.gif waiting on the link
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1os View Post

Yeah, I linked it in the thumbs-up. They look pretty nice but I have yet to see one IRL.

 

That link has been updated, sorry for the delay.

post #2444 of 3794
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesmith View Post

 

This is what postage costs me from the UK. (All with tracking). This is via the post office, to use a courier, add a zero to all these numbers.

 

Within the UK - £4 ($6)

 

Europe - £7 ($10)

 

USA - £9 ($14)

 

Considering I was sending stuff with tracking within the USA, that would get there within 3 days, for $1.64 I would say I am facing a huge increase in my shipping costs!! At the moment I am unsure what to do, however, I am leaning towards charging actual postage and having free shipping for an order or X amount, not 100% sure what that amount will be yet....

 

I have checked out a bunch of UK retailers and few, if any, offer free shipping.

 

 

Now a picture of a pocket square.

 

on-the-street-milan-fashion-week-_burberry-prorsum.jpeg

Understand, thanks for the info. And good luck all your custom buyers will stay with you :)

 

And that picture is awsome i'm looking more at his watch wondering what brand that is, JLC?

post #2445 of 3794
Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy View Post

I snip them off with the small scissors on my Swiss Army knife. I find that the label almost always has different thread than the edge. If it doesn't, I leave it alone.

 

 Thanks for posting this tip. I used this method this weekend and it worked out great!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....