Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/7/14 at 4:30am in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 161
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2402 of 39937/6/12 at 12:21pmpost #2403 of 39937/6/12 at 8:36pmThread StarterI think the colors and mix of patterns are pretty good. But try some different folds, puffs, points, etc. The pocket square is just kinda laying there and needs a more formal or expressive look. Just look at my Tumblr blog and you will see tons of good ways to wear a pocket square. (link below)post #2404 of 39937/8/12 at 11:02ampost #2405 of 39937/8/12 at 11:27amQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I think the colors and mix of patterns are pretty good. But try some different folds, puffs, points, etc. The pocket square is just kinda laying there and needs a more formal or expressive look. Just look at my Tumblr blog and you will see tons of good ways to wear a pocket square. (link below)
Yeah, your tumblr is awesome and in fact my tie and square choice was inspired by a picture I found there... But I need a lot of practice making puffs, I can't get them to look like anything in your blog at allpost #2406 of 39937/8/12 at 8:56pmpost #2407 of 39937/8/12 at 9:03pmQuote:
Pay attention to Spoo's pocket whale . . .post #2408 of 39937/8/12 at 9:13pm
Thanks. I suspect that's some kind of an inside joke I'll be laughing at in about 2 days when I finish reading the thread. But in the meantime: I'm familiar with Spoo's work. Partly that's how I ended up here.
I'm pretty comfortable with shirt/tie/jacket selection (though, day to day, I'm probably more adventurous/loud than is strictly approved by SF -- and will try to spare you that). But squares are confounding me. Sure, I could go white (and, of course, in a pinch would do). But until I experiment, how will I progress?
Anyway, as I said: back to lurking....post #2409 of 39937/9/12 at 8:01amThread StarterQuote:
Don't over think this stuff. It should be easy.
This is a very good video by Will at A Suitable Wardrobe. THis is also my favorite fold (a puff with points)post #2410 of 39937/9/12 at 8:03amThread Starterpost #2411 of 39937/9/12 at 8:08amThread Starterpost #2412 of 39937/9/12 at 9:12am
For some reason I can't get puffs with points to look good, I know they have to look somewhat natural but mine look just bad... I've been wearing a TV fold for years and I guess that doesn't help. I hope those videos help me, thank you :)
Does this look any better? I'm wearing it for the first time today...post #2413 of 39937/9/12 at 10:01amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
For some reason I can't get puffs with points to look good, I know they have to look somewhat natural but mine look just bad... I've been wearing a TV fold for years and I guess that doesn't help. I hope those videos help me, thank you
Does this look any better? I'm wearing it for the first time today...
I think it is a very good conservative puff. Not every wants or should have an exploding pocket parachute lookpost #2414 of 39937/9/12 at 4:15pmThread Starterpost #2415 of 39937/12/12 at 4:10pmOK, not sure how all will feel about this. It's probably a bit on the louder/peacock side of the SF spectrum, but I'd appreciate thoughts on the color match on the square. Tie is purple, btw; not sure that comes out in the pics.
EDIT: BTW, I was not going for a TV fold here; I was going for more of a "puff with points".
Thrift fit today: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Apologies for the crappy pics.
- Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions.....
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 22 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 3 minutes ago
- › Is it appropriate to try on high-end clothes without any intentions... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 11 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 12 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 14 minutes ago
- › MOMA BOOTS. Made in Italy. Dark brown. 15 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...