Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts and opinions on Gray SC, Pocket square and tie combos........ Last post on 4/6/14 at 11:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Does this SC look dated ? New SC added on page 2 Last post on 9/5/11 at 10:37am in Classic Menswear
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Critique this bespoke suit from Baron Lee Last post on 5/28/12 at 10:22am in Classic Menswear
- In Praise of Gray ... (Spin-Off) Last post on 7/15/15 at 5:00am in Classic Menswear
Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Last edited: 10/6/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions, Suggestions..... - Page 161post #2402 of 41407/6/12 at 12:21pmpost #2403 of 41407/6/12 at 8:36pmThread StarterI think the colors and mix of patterns are pretty good. But try some different folds, puffs, points, etc. The pocket square is just kinda laying there and needs a more formal or expressive look. Just look at my Tumblr blog and you will see tons of good ways to wear a pocket square. (link below)post #2404 of 41407/8/12 at 11:02ampost #2405 of 41407/8/12 at 11:27amQuote:Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I think the colors and mix of patterns are pretty good. But try some different folds, puffs, points, etc. The pocket square is just kinda laying there and needs a more formal or expressive look. Just look at my Tumblr blog and you will see tons of good ways to wear a pocket square. (link below)
Yeah, your tumblr is awesome and in fact my tie and square choice was inspired by a picture I found there... But I need a lot of practice making puffs, I can't get them to look like anything in your blog at allpost #2406 of 41407/8/12 at 8:56pmpost #2407 of 41407/8/12 at 9:03pmQuote:
Pay attention to Spoo's pocket whale . . .post #2408 of 41407/8/12 at 9:13pm
Thanks. I suspect that's some kind of an inside joke I'll be laughing at in about 2 days when I finish reading the thread. But in the meantime: I'm familiar with Spoo's work. Partly that's how I ended up here.
I'm pretty comfortable with shirt/tie/jacket selection (though, day to day, I'm probably more adventurous/loud than is strictly approved by SF -- and will try to spare you that). But squares are confounding me. Sure, I could go white (and, of course, in a pinch would do). But until I experiment, how will I progress?
Anyway, as I said: back to lurking....post #2409 of 41407/9/12 at 8:01amThread StarterQuote:
Don't over think this stuff. It should be easy.
This is a very good video by Will at A Suitable Wardrobe. THis is also my favorite fold (a puff with points)post #2410 of 41407/9/12 at 8:03amThread Starterpost #2411 of 41407/9/12 at 8:08amThread Starterpost #2412 of 41407/9/12 at 9:12am
For some reason I can't get puffs with points to look good, I know they have to look somewhat natural but mine look just bad... I've been wearing a TV fold for years and I guess that doesn't help. I hope those videos help me, thank you :)
Does this look any better? I'm wearing it for the first time today...post #2413 of 41407/9/12 at 10:01amThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by RDiaz
For some reason I can't get puffs with points to look good, I know they have to look somewhat natural but mine look just bad... I've been wearing a TV fold for years and I guess that doesn't help. I hope those videos help me, thank you
Does this look any better? I'm wearing it for the first time today...
I think it is a very good conservative puff. Not every wants or should have an exploding pocket parachute lookpost #2414 of 41407/9/12 at 4:15pmThread Starterpost #2415 of 41407/12/12 at 4:10pmOK, not sure how all will feel about this. It's probably a bit on the louder/peacock side of the SF spectrum, but I'd appreciate thoughts on the color match on the square. Tie is purple, btw; not sure that comes out in the pics.
EDIT: BTW, I was not going for a TV fold here; I was going for more of a "puff with points".
Thrift fit today: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Apologies for the crappy pics.
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 17 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 2 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › MoneyWellSpent's Southern Trad Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 9 minutes ago
- › Brexit 12 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 13 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 14 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding