Thank you, Money, that's really useful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:31 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 2:54 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Today at 7:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 10:29 am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 624post #9346 of 147745/19/14 at 12:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9347 of 147745/19/14 at 8:36ampost #9348 of 147745/19/14 at 10:17ampost #9349 of 147745/19/14 at 10:34ampost #9350 of 147745/19/14 at 10:40ampost #9351 of 147745/19/14 at 10:41amQuote:
Short answer is yes, but the long answer is the 99.9% of the products out there simply put, don't do anything except for aesthetics. Reading a lot about how leather is made and its properties educated me in this arena recently.post #9352 of 147745/19/14 at 10:46ampost #9353 of 147745/19/14 at 12:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by partyof6
I used Saphir mid-brown wax polish on the toes of my Vass antique cognac austerity brogues. The wax left a black spot on the side edge of the toe on each shoe...not uniform at all. It is much too blackened for my liking.
Can I remove the dark spots with Renomat, or will that harm the Italian polish that Vass puts on the shoe?
Any update on this issue?
I was planning on getting some Vass in antique cognac and I have some Saphir mid-brown wax polish I was going to use so this is concerning to me. I'm surprised that a wax would leave such a dark/black dis-colouration as usually it's the creams that have the higher pigment content.post #9354 of 147745/19/14 at 1:07pmQuote:
I posted about it not too long ago on here. Didn't get much of a response.
I have been very busy at work and my personal life. Thanks for the inquiry.post #9355 of 147745/19/14 at 3:00pmQuote:
what about getting gum off the side of my ALDEN cordovan # 8 longwings?? i recently got gum on side of shoe and can't seem to get it off!!!!post #9356 of 147745/19/14 at 3:10pmpost #9357 of 147745/19/14 at 7:05pm
Bump only because I'd like to bring them to a cobbler tomorrow morning if it's needed. Thanks! :)
Quote:post #9358 of 147745/19/14 at 7:21pm
It would help to know exactly what you're taking about. Do you mean metal taps or plastic nail ons? If metal, what's a heel tap? A new heel? It's also to tell how much wear has occurred from your photo. A front/rear view would be useful.
It looks like you have the brass nails in to protect the toe. It's hard to see from the bottom how much wear you have to both toe and heel.
For the heel I certainly recommend platic inserts/taps etc. For the toe however, I would only purchase if you are serious about evening the wear in your shoes because some find it looks strange.post #9359 of 147745/19/14 at 7:25pmpost #9360 of 147745/19/14 at 7:49pmThanks for the response. I guess you can gather I don't know much.
If it makes sense, I'm referring to the plastic toe taps. Was just doing some reading and saw a lot of recommendations for them.
I'll try and take better pictures tomorrow. Maybe I'll drop by the cobbler and ask his opinion. I appreciate your answers.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Currently, there are 1074 Active Users (199 Members and 875 Guests)
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 2 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 15 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 19 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 19 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 21 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 21 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 30 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...