Thank you, Money, that's really useful.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 8:22 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 11/12/15 at 5:07pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 6:24 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 7:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 4:50 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Gus's Guide to Casual Autumn StyleLast edited: 10/14/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 624post #9346 of 172225/19/14 at 12:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9347 of 172225/19/14 at 8:36ampost #9348 of 172225/19/14 at 10:17ampost #9349 of 172225/19/14 at 10:34ampost #9350 of 172225/19/14 at 10:40ampost #9351 of 172225/19/14 at 10:41amQuote:
Short answer is yes, but the long answer is the 99.9% of the products out there simply put, don't do anything except for aesthetics. Reading a lot about how leather is made and its properties educated me in this arena recently.post #9352 of 172225/19/14 at 10:46ampost #9353 of 172225/19/14 at 12:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by partyof6
I used Saphir mid-brown wax polish on the toes of my Vass antique cognac austerity brogues. The wax left a black spot on the side edge of the toe on each shoe...not uniform at all. It is much too blackened for my liking.
Can I remove the dark spots with Renomat, or will that harm the Italian polish that Vass puts on the shoe?
Any update on this issue?
I was planning on getting some Vass in antique cognac and I have some Saphir mid-brown wax polish I was going to use so this is concerning to me. I'm surprised that a wax would leave such a dark/black dis-colouration as usually it's the creams that have the higher pigment content.post #9354 of 172225/19/14 at 1:07pmQuote:
I posted about it not too long ago on here. Didn't get much of a response.
I have been very busy at work and my personal life. Thanks for the inquiry.post #9355 of 172225/19/14 at 3:00pmQuote:
what about getting gum off the side of my ALDEN cordovan # 8 longwings?? i recently got gum on side of shoe and can't seem to get it off!!!!post #9356 of 172225/19/14 at 3:10pmpost #9357 of 172225/19/14 at 7:05pm
Bump only because I'd like to bring them to a cobbler tomorrow morning if it's needed. Thanks! :)
Quote:post #9358 of 172225/19/14 at 7:21pm
It would help to know exactly what you're taking about. Do you mean metal taps or plastic nail ons? If metal, what's a heel tap? A new heel? It's also to tell how much wear has occurred from your photo. A front/rear view would be useful.
It looks like you have the brass nails in to protect the toe. It's hard to see from the bottom how much wear you have to both toe and heel.
For the heel I certainly recommend platic inserts/taps etc. For the toe however, I would only purchase if you are serious about evening the wear in your shoes because some find it looks strange.post #9359 of 172225/19/14 at 7:25pmpost #9360 of 172225/19/14 at 7:49pmThanks for the response. I guess you can gather I don't know much.
If it makes sense, I'm referring to the plastic toe taps. Was just doing some reading and saw a lot of recommendations for them.
I'll try and take better pictures tomorrow. Maybe I'll drop by the cobbler and ask his opinion. I appreciate your answers.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five Weddings
Currently, there are 958 Active Users (154 Members and 804 Guests)
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › The Apple Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 17 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 17 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 26 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 28 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 31 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 32 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories