Thank you, Money, that's really useful.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Caretagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/16/15 at 5:59pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Today at 3:51 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 4:14 pm in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 4:45 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 624post #9346 of 143295/19/14 at 12:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9347 of 143295/19/14 at 8:36ampost #9348 of 143295/19/14 at 10:17ampost #9349 of 143295/19/14 at 10:34ampost #9350 of 143295/19/14 at 10:40ampost #9351 of 143295/19/14 at 10:41amQuote:
Short answer is yes, but the long answer is the 99.9% of the products out there simply put, don't do anything except for aesthetics. Reading a lot about how leather is made and its properties educated me in this arena recently.post #9352 of 143295/19/14 at 10:46ampost #9353 of 143295/19/14 at 12:51pmQuote:Originally Posted by partyof6
I used Saphir mid-brown wax polish on the toes of my Vass antique cognac austerity brogues. The wax left a black spot on the side edge of the toe on each shoe...not uniform at all. It is much too blackened for my liking.
Can I remove the dark spots with Renomat, or will that harm the Italian polish that Vass puts on the shoe?
Any update on this issue?
I was planning on getting some Vass in antique cognac and I have some Saphir mid-brown wax polish I was going to use so this is concerning to me. I'm surprised that a wax would leave such a dark/black dis-colouration as usually it's the creams that have the higher pigment content.post #9354 of 143295/19/14 at 1:07pmQuote:
I posted about it not too long ago on here. Didn't get much of a response.
I have been very busy at work and my personal life. Thanks for the inquiry.post #9355 of 143295/19/14 at 3:00pmQuote:
what about getting gum off the side of my ALDEN cordovan # 8 longwings?? i recently got gum on side of shoe and can't seem to get it off!!!!post #9356 of 143295/19/14 at 3:10pmpost #9357 of 143295/19/14 at 7:05pm
Bump only because I'd like to bring them to a cobbler tomorrow morning if it's needed. Thanks! :)
Quote:post #9358 of 143295/19/14 at 7:21pm
It would help to know exactly what you're taking about. Do you mean metal taps or plastic nail ons? If metal, what's a heel tap? A new heel? It's also to tell how much wear has occurred from your photo. A front/rear view would be useful.
It looks like you have the brass nails in to protect the toe. It's hard to see from the bottom how much wear you have to both toe and heel.
For the heel I certainly recommend platic inserts/taps etc. For the toe however, I would only purchase if you are serious about evening the wear in your shoes because some find it looks strange.post #9359 of 143295/19/14 at 7:25pmpost #9360 of 143295/19/14 at 7:49pmThanks for the response. I guess you can gather I don't know much.
If it makes sense, I'm referring to the plastic toe taps. Was just doing some reading and saw a lot of recommendations for them.
I'll try and take better pictures tomorrow. Maybe I'll drop by the cobbler and ask his opinion. I appreciate your answers.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
Currently, there are 1651 Active Users (453 Members and 1198 Guests)
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 7 seconds ago
- › The 10 Best White Shirts for Every Body Type 20 seconds ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 26 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 48 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 54 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Top quality dress pants brands 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 5 minutes ago
- › BN collection of Drakes' scarves (and more) 5 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...