Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 10/19/16 at 2:44am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/20/16 at 7:38am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Yesterday at 6:55 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on 10/20/16 at 7:37am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 613post #9181 of 189295/4/14 at 12:15pmpost #9182 of 189295/4/14 at 12:57pmpost #9183 of 189295/4/14 at 1:14pmQuote:
If it's creaking, no.
If it's squeaking, it might be mice. All bets are off at that point..post #9184 of 189295/4/14 at 7:12pm
I had a pair of G&Gs that creaked terribly on both sides, although the left was worse than the right. It occurred right after heel strike when the weight was being transferred from the heel to the forefoot(?).
I tried to keep wearing them and just adjusting my gait to reduce the noise (especially in the office). After nearly 4 weeks and maybe ten all day wears I took them to London with me to the G&G showroom on Savile Row. The gentleman there had me try them on and walk around, with a tone of suspicion. And after about three steps he had heard enough and told me to take them off, with an air of embarrassment while claiming he had never heard anything like that before from G&Gs. That was mid March.
They're still at the factory now. I'm not holding my breath on seeing them again any time soon, and I have half a mind to put them on eBay as soon as they're returned.
I now have an MTO creak-phobia.post #9185 of 189295/4/14 at 7:37pmpost #9186 of 189295/4/14 at 9:14pmpost #9187 of 189295/4/14 at 9:28pmpost #9188 of 189295/5/14 at 11:28ampost #9189 of 189295/5/14 at 11:43ampost #9190 of 189295/5/14 at 12:45pmpost #9191 of 189295/5/14 at 1:00pmpost #9192 of 189295/5/14 at 1:31pmQuote:Originally Posted by Munky
Cleaning out the kitchen cupboards with Mrs Munky, today, we found an old, half used, jar of Maple Syrup. I now wonder if I could use this syrup on a pair of John Lobb, Hilos. I imagine that it would bring out an added depth to the sheen of the shoes. Any advice would be welcome.
Might work but only under the following circumstances:
Soak shoes in a mixture of three eggs, 3/4 cup of milk, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of bourbon vanilla and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Mix ingredients together so that sugar is absorbed and the liquid turns yellow.
Fry with butter in a pan at 300° until nicely browned.
Slather with warm maple syrup and enjoy.post #9193 of 189295/5/14 at 1:32pmpost #9194 of 189295/5/14 at 2:45pmpost #9195 of 189295/6/14 at 1:08am
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sartoria Partenopea 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 4 minutes ago
- › NIB: Alden Navy CXL LWB, 11.5 EE 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 12 minutes ago
- › Personalized Leather Briefcase by RockDove - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Cleverley, Saint Crispins, Bemer, Trickers, Sargent, Vauk, Sanders 16 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 24 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...