If I have a scar on my shoes and I don't want to use cream because I am afraid of altering the color what should I do to correct it ? Neutral wax wont cover the scar, right ? I bought the shoes a week ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:03 am in Classic Menswear
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 1:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 12:34 pm in Classic Menswear
- Nike Flyknit Racer Sz 9 Volt/black DS* Brand New Last post on Today at 12:06 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- New Mens Ferragamo Oxfords 8.5 D Cap toe Black $620 Last post on Today at 11:53 am in Marketplace
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 510
Styleforum Top Picks
It's a good book. And a fascinating look at the shoemaking in Eastern Europe and esp. the somewhat divergent Austro-Hungarian tradition. As such it reflects a somewhat singular perspective...although there is much that is universal too. Every shoe aficionado should own this book and read it.
To the extent that a person is able to empathize and/or imagine being one of the makers...and the time and difficulties and skills involved...there's a lot to learn here. If only (by comparison) why and how shoemaking and shoes have been dumbed down to meet consumer demand, and how age old standards of quality have been sacrificed to ignorance and the bottom line.
But it is a coffee table book, it is not a tutorial.
i have been cleaning/shining my shoes for years with kiwi. first, i set it on fire in the can then blow it out and apply the liquid to the shoe. i buff first with a soft cotton cloth and finish up with a soft bristle brush. i pay a lot for my shoes and this technique has kept the leather from cracking and makes it look great. i do like a well polished look. they also last for years.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 1 minute ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 2 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 3 minutes ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 4 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Conrad Wu - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)