Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 11:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 12:47 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 7:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 7:52 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 469post #7021 of 1774210/16/13 at 8:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7022 of 1774210/18/13 at 10:03am
What is the reason again why people don't like using products with petroleum distillates? I know that this and silicone are the big no-nos for leather care. I'm asking because I just recently found out that the waterproofing product that I use for suede contains petroleum distillates. I wanted to check what the impact of this type of product is for the suede.
Thanks.post #7023 of 1774210/18/13 at 3:54pmpost #7024 of 1774210/18/13 at 4:30pmQuote:
How do you treat suede then? I may not be using the right term when I say waterproof because I don't think that really happens. Maybe water resistant? I thought they had to be treated for protection.post #7025 of 1774210/18/13 at 9:11pmpost #7026 of 1774210/19/13 at 5:01ampost #7027 of 1774210/19/13 at 5:24ampost #7028 of 1774210/19/13 at 5:47amQuote:Originally Posted by RogerPQuote:Originally Posted by RIDER
Good video presentation for suede protector:
That stuff is awesome.
wow to that video demonstration of the product...post #7029 of 1774210/19/13 at 5:57ampost #7030 of 1774210/19/13 at 6:01ampost #7031 of 1774210/19/13 at 6:09ampost #7032 of 1774210/19/13 at 6:39ampost #7033 of 1774210/19/13 at 7:41ampost #7034 of 1774210/19/13 at 7:51amQuote:
My girlfriend made fun of me then saw it worked and used it on all her shoes. Had to buy a few more from epaulet
The nano works a lot better I think saphir still leaves water spots after using both sprays. Saphir is more natural smelling I guess. And the alden Edmonds one works just as well and it costs a lot less than both.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 33 seconds ago
- › Lost the hair around my peaks 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 6 minutes ago
- › H.N. White - Handmade English Ties - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 10 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 11 minutes ago
- › S.N.S. Herning Stark in Blue Gene 12 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...