Is it possible to use saphir renovateur and saphir cream on top of saphir wax polish? I ask this because when i use the wax it seems to create a 'boundary', preventing anything from being absorbed into the leather. Is it necessary to remove the wax every time i want to nourish my shoes? Also does anyone have any good methods to remove pate du lux, i'v been experimenting with an old pair of shoe i don't love anymore and lexol, alcohol (gin) and saddle soap doesn't do anything (i know renomat works wonders but it's a bit harsh and i hate handling the stuff)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 6:00 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 5:35 pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 4:00 am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 1:54 pm in Classic Menswear
What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden FootwearLast edited: 2/1/16
- Primer: Things you should have known about shoes and shoe care but...Last edited: 2/1/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 468
Styleforum Top Pickspost #7007 of 1774210/14/13 at 5:30amEssentially any good conditioner will be able to penetrate the wax if it isn't caked on too much, such as Lexol, Bick4, or, *ahem" Glenkaren, but in general wax should only really be built up on parts of the shoe than done flex like the toe and heel where conditioning isn't as essential to the longevity of the shoe. Conditioner and cream polish and very, small amounts of wax on the vamp is all that you should do. Frequent conditioning of the toe and heel isn't necessary, honestly.post #7008 of 1774210/14/13 at 5:32ampost #7009 of 1774210/14/13 at 8:16ampost #7010 of 1774210/14/13 at 9:48amQuote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Essentially any good conditioner will be able to penetrate the wax if it isn't caked on too much, such as Lexol, Bick4, or, *ahem" Glenkaren, but in general wax should only really be built up on parts of the shoe than done flex like the toe and heel where conditioning isn't as essential to the longevity of the shoe. Conditioner and cream polish and very, small amounts of wax on the vamp is all that you should do. Frequent conditioning of the toe and heel isn't necessary, honestly.
You make a very good point, its very rare to see cracking on those areas of the shoe. Thank you for the advicepost #7011 of 1774210/14/13 at 10:12ampost #7012 of 1774210/14/13 at 10:25ampost #7013 of 1774210/14/13 at 10:38ampost #7014 of 1774210/14/13 at 11:12ampost #7015 of 1774210/14/13 at 1:50pm
Received my Gerstner case today and got it stocked. It's thing of beauty:
Note, their sale is ending tomorrow. http://gerstnerusa.com/opencart/index.php?route=product/category&path=72
Mine is the "12 Repair Kit" in Walnut.post #7016 of 1774210/15/13 at 8:01ampost #7017 of 1774210/15/13 at 11:51pmpost #7018 of 1774210/16/13 at 4:53ampost #7019 of 1774210/16/13 at 7:40am
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want with Saphir cream polish?
- › Eidos Napoli 1 minute ago
- › Harrington Jacket 1 minute ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Massdrop - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Ragged (!) Trousered Philanthropists 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?