or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 449

post #6721 of 11261
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

I wouldn't use Venetian on anything as it contains petroleum distillates

 

What would you recommend as an alternative? Also, why are you trying to avoid petroleum distillates? (Just curious, I am still new to the whole shoe care game, especially with shell.)

post #6722 of 11261

How would I get rid of this water mark?

post #6723 of 11261
how long has it been on there? It should dry out naturally.
post #6724 of 11261
Quote:
Originally Posted by wurger View Post

how long has it been on there? It should dry out naturally.

 

its been there for about 2 weeks now...its most likely alcohol drink not water

post #6725 of 11261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Engineer View Post
 

 

its been there for about 2 weeks now...its most likely alcoholic drink not water

post #6726 of 11261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Engineer View Post

How would I get rid of this water mark?


I had a similar mark on the same shoes (C&J Selbournes). I decided to ignore it and view it as patina, and te next time I went to wear them it was gone.
post #6727 of 11261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nakedsnake View Post

What would you recommend as an alternative? Also, why are you trying to avoid petroleum distillates? (Just curious, I am still new to the whole shoe care game, especially with shell.)


Look at the Leather quality and care thread. A lot of chemistry and people who know a lot about leather and the industry generally say to avoid it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Engineer View Post

How would I get rid of this water mark?


I'd personally ignore it. If you use renomat to rid it then it will be a chore to biuld the finish back up. Not worth it, imo. I'd have more of an issue with the dick and balls medallion.
post #6728 of 11261

What is the difference between Saphir Invulner and Saphir Renovateur suede sprays? Do I need both?

post #6729 of 11261
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlafG View Post
 

What is the difference between Saphir Invulner and Saphir Renovateur suede sprays? Do I need both?

invulner is a waterproofing spray basically and renovateur recolor, clean and conditions suede(contains color agents) but its not waterproofing at all!!

post #6730 of 11261
For saphir polishing cream pommadier, is it better to get the colored or neutral?
post #6731 of 11261
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkn2010 View Post

For saphir polishing cream pommadier, is it better to get the colored or neutral?

Colored.

post #6732 of 11261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Engineer View Post
 

How would I get rid of this water mark?

 

I would post the picture and ask the question in the following thread link:

 

CLICK HERE

post #6733 of 11261
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Copeland View Post
 

Colored.

 

Thank you, David Copeland.

post #6734 of 11261


These arrived this morning. Herring Holmes 2 made by Alfred Sargent. I normally just use Saphir renovator on new shoes, but i was thinking about using saphir graisse, followed by renovator, any thoughts? Is putting Graisse dubbin on new shoes too much?

post #6735 of 11261
Quote:
Originally Posted by OREO View Post





These arrived this morning. Herring Holmes 2 made by Alfred Sargent. I normally just use Saphir renovator on new shoes, but i was thinking about using saphir graisse, followed by renovator, any thoughts? Is putting Graisse dubbin on new shoes too much?

Yes it is too much.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**