They probably haven't fully dried out yet.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Yesterday at 10:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 4:41 pm in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 420post #6286 of 160487/23/13 at 9:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6287 of 160487/24/13 at 7:41ampost #6288 of 160487/24/13 at 9:46ampost #6289 of 160487/24/13 at 10:05ampost #6290 of 160487/24/13 at 1:24pmpost #6291 of 160487/24/13 at 3:25pmQuote:
Yes, the shoes are new and worn not more than 10 times. What seems odd to me is that it looks like the uppers are just glued to the welt/sole. I cannot seem to see any thread or needle holes in the part of the uppers that have separated.post #6292 of 160487/24/13 at 4:56pmQuote:
i would give them back for a refund or replace thempost #6293 of 160487/25/13 at 9:07ampost #6294 of 160487/25/13 at 12:44pmI have heard and read many things (on SF and beyond) regarding care for shell cordo shoes. I have a very simple question: I have a vintage pair that are in great shape but seem to be headed toward dehydration. Is the collective wisdom here that I should: 1) simply brush and activate the oils; or 2) use cordovan cream; or 3) use or some other product; or 4) some combination of the above?
Thanks in advance.post #6295 of 160487/25/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
When going through the 3,, 4, or 5 step process - applying "less" product is better than more product. Light brushing and then a repeat should show a difference.
Here are two links of interest:
All my best,
Davidpost #6296 of 160487/25/13 at 1:22pmQuote:Speaking from personal experience I highly recommend lexol . RonRider says neatsfoot oil is better . If you use lexol and it does not buff back up to expectations a lite coat of reno , saphir cordo cream or venetian will help .Originally Posted by GMMcL
I have heard and read many things (on SF and beyond) regarding care for shell cordo shoes. I have a very simple question: I have a vintage pair that are in great shape but seem to be headed toward dehydration. Is the collective wisdom here that I should: 1) simply brush and activate the oils; or 2) use cordovan cream; or 3) use or some other product; or 4) some combination of the above?
Thanks in advance.
These are 30 + yo shoes w/ 2 coats lexol and 1 lite coat renopost #6297 of 160487/25/13 at 2:00pmpost #6298 of 160487/25/13 at 2:16pmpost #6299 of 160487/25/13 at 2:24pmpost #6300 of 160487/25/13 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by englade321
Speaking from personal experience I highly recommend lexol . RonRider says neatsfoot oil is better . If you use lexol and it does not buff back up to expectations a lite coat of reno , saphir cordo cream or venetian will help .
These are 30 + yo shoes w/ 2 coats lexol and 1 lite coat reno
Thanks. I will give that a try. Interestingly, the shoes in question are a pair of Lloyd & Haug PTB v-cleats, from the 1980s or, more likely, much older, and look very much like the ones you're wearing. They were completely unworn when I found them.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › RARE Edward Green Asprey 202 Last Monk Boot uk11.5E US12D Box... 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 15 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 19 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 26 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 30 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...