They probably haven't fully dried out yet.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sole Welting Last post on 10/13/14 at 5:57pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:19 am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 4:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 9:19 am in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 420post #6286 of 114107/23/13 at 9:00pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6287 of 114107/24/13 at 7:41ampost #6288 of 114107/24/13 at 9:46ampost #6289 of 114107/24/13 at 10:05ampost #6290 of 114107/24/13 at 1:24pmpost #6291 of 114107/24/13 at 3:25pmQuote:
Yes, the shoes are new and worn not more than 10 times. What seems odd to me is that it looks like the uppers are just glued to the welt/sole. I cannot seem to see any thread or needle holes in the part of the uppers that have separated.post #6292 of 114107/24/13 at 4:56pmQuote:
i would give them back for a refund or replace thempost #6293 of 114107/25/13 at 9:07ampost #6294 of 114107/25/13 at 12:44pmI have heard and read many things (on SF and beyond) regarding care for shell cordo shoes. I have a very simple question: I have a vintage pair that are in great shape but seem to be headed toward dehydration. Is the collective wisdom here that I should: 1) simply brush and activate the oils; or 2) use cordovan cream; or 3) use or some other product; or 4) some combination of the above?
Thanks in advance.post #6295 of 114107/25/13 at 12:50pmQuote:
When going through the 3,, 4, or 5 step process - applying "less" product is better than more product. Light brushing and then a repeat should show a difference.
Here are two links of interest:
All my best,
Davidpost #6296 of 114107/25/13 at 1:22pmQuote:Speaking from personal experience I highly recommend lexol . RonRider says neatsfoot oil is better . If you use lexol and it does not buff back up to expectations a lite coat of reno , saphir cordo cream or venetian will help .Originally Posted by GMMcL
I have heard and read many things (on SF and beyond) regarding care for shell cordo shoes. I have a very simple question: I have a vintage pair that are in great shape but seem to be headed toward dehydration. Is the collective wisdom here that I should: 1) simply brush and activate the oils; or 2) use cordovan cream; or 3) use or some other product; or 4) some combination of the above?
Thanks in advance.
These are 30 + yo shoes w/ 2 coats lexol and 1 lite coat renopost #6297 of 114107/25/13 at 2:00pmpost #6298 of 114107/25/13 at 2:16pmpost #6299 of 114107/25/13 at 2:24pmpost #6300 of 114107/25/13 at 2:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by englade321
Speaking from personal experience I highly recommend lexol . RonRider says neatsfoot oil is better . If you use lexol and it does not buff back up to expectations a lite coat of reno , saphir cordo cream or venetian will help .
These are 30 + yo shoes w/ 2 coats lexol and 1 lite coat reno
Thanks. I will give that a try. Interestingly, the shoes in question are a pair of Lloyd & Haug PTB v-cleats, from the 1980s or, more likely, much older, and look very much like the ones you're wearing. They were completely unworn when I found them.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › Australian Members 47 seconds ago
- › JoS. A. Bank Cedar Shoe trees on sale 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Is it bad to hang dress shirts? 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › *** Styleforum New York Trunk Show and Pop-up Shop, Nov 7-8 *** 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)