Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/21/14 at 5:03am in Classic Menswear
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 1:35 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 5:48 am in Classic Menswear
- FS: S2A Black Sidezips Last post on Today at 12:27 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Charles Tyrwhitt - Navy Casual Derby Shoes NEW (9.5 / 10) Last post on Today at 10:19 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 417
Styleforum Top Picks
Unfortunately, no production of red wax by Saphir....or anyone else I am aware of. However, if you are looking to try to do something with red highlights on a black calf shoe I would look at the Crème Renovatrice from Saphir or the Self-Shine Color Dye from Tarrago. If you were to find a red wax, or try a red cream, I don't think it would have much effect.
think B. Nelson does it for 40 though pretty sure there are place does it cheaper
as far as i can see this is a really good outcome for the first try!!! really good job!!
some little tips!! first of all you ll need a better cloth!! try a microfiber cotton cloth(selvit or sunglasses cloth) !! Mr Rider recommends an old tie too!! Generally a cloth with smouth and soft surface
keep puttuing drops of water till you see the surface going clear and smouth!!Blow while you are doing circles(for me it is helping a lot)!!
try the last buff with a tiny amount of cream polish(2-3 pinheads for the entire toe)!! cream has a lot les solvents than paste(wax) polish so it wont desolve previous layers!!
finally as you go with the layers put less and les presure after its coate!! hope this ll help you
Thank you very much! :)
Ok, perfect. I will swing by a local shop that sells those and pick some up.
I'll also try to finish the whole thing off with the cream. I'll try it sometime during next week and hopefully it will get even better than the first time!
Thank you very much for your advice :)
Shoeshine at Kutsumigaki Honpo
Kutsumigaki Honpo (aka Shoeshine Tokyo), established 5 years ago and easily recognised for their French cafe' inspired booths, has quickly become a favorite among the white collared workers of downtown Tokyo. Now with 5 locations in and around Tokyo, they offer a wide range of repair jobs, in addition to their signature shoeshine. They even offer shoe polish classes/seminars each month for hobbyists/amateurs. Their newest location, a shoeshine boutique store (in collaboration with Kamioka) is located in a 5 star Daiichi Hotel in downtown Tokyo. That is where I met Mr. Fujimoto Hideki, the owner of Kutsumigaki Honpo / Shoeshine Tokyo chain. He offered to nourish/polish a new pair of shoes that I took home (more on that pair later...)
Fujimoto Hideki san, the mastermind of Shoeshine Tokyo.
Untying the laces
Brushing & Dusting
Inserting the shoe trees
Light cleaning with a proprietary conditioner
Hand rubbing the reno
Brushing after the reno
Saphir creme polishes. He used 2 shades of brown to match the shoe color
Now time for wax polishing. Another proprietary formula...looked pretty hard and dry
.... and a light coat on the entire shoe
Voilà! I asked for a matt shine and they came out just right
For this nourish & polish service, the whole process took 15 minutes or so. A basic shoeshine takes 10 minutes or so (and the shoes are kept on). Among the specialised services offered here, there is the 'John Lobb Care & Shine' for discerning owners of JLP shoes who only wants to use JLP brand polishes (although they are essentially Saphirs....). There is also an 'Alden Care & Shine' course that only uses Alden brand cordovan polishes. I've been told that guests at the hotel can have their shoes picked up for a shine / repair by a bell boy.
Many thanks to Fujimoto-san for an excellent shine!
Kutsumigaki Honpo @ Daiichi Hotel, Tokyo HP
Kutsumigaki Honpo HP
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- › Eames Lounge Chair copies... worth it? 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 10 minutes ago
- › FS: Nike Flyknit Trainers B/W Size US 10.5/ EU 44.5 12 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 13 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 13 minutes ago
- › Pocket Squares: A Discussion Thread, Questions, Opinions,... 13 minutes ago
- › Menswear/shopping in Busan, Korea 13 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)