Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:29 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 6/16/15 at 11:43am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 6/25/15 at 7:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Today at 3:24 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 11:32 am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 417post #6241 of 160407/16/13 at 6:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6242 of 160407/16/13 at 7:03pmpost #6243 of 160407/16/13 at 8:44pmpost #6244 of 160407/16/13 at 8:49pmpost #6245 of 160407/16/13 at 8:50pmpost #6246 of 160407/17/13 at 9:42ampost #6247 of 160407/17/13 at 6:12pmQuote:
Unfortunately, no production of red wax by Saphir....or anyone else I am aware of. However, if you are looking to try to do something with red highlights on a black calf shoe I would look at the Crème Renovatrice from Saphir or the Self-Shine Color Dye from Tarrago. If you were to find a red wax, or try a red cream, I don't think it would have much effect.post #6248 of 160407/17/13 at 9:43pmpost #6249 of 160407/17/13 at 9:46pmpost #6250 of 160407/18/13 at 10:26ampost #6251 of 160407/18/13 at 10:29ampost #6252 of 160407/18/13 at 10:33amQuote:
think B. Nelson does it for 40 though pretty sure there are place does it cheaperpost #6253 of 160407/18/13 at 10:37ampost #6254 of 160407/18/13 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by benhour
as far as i can see this is a really good outcome for the first try!!! really good job!!
some little tips!! first of all you ll need a better cloth!! try a microfiber cotton cloth(selvit or sunglasses cloth) !! Mr Rider recommends an old tie too!! Generally a cloth with smouth and soft surface
keep puttuing drops of water till you see the surface going clear and smouth!!Blow while you are doing circles(for me it is helping a lot)!!
try the last buff with a tiny amount of cream polish(2-3 pinheads for the entire toe)!! cream has a lot les solvents than paste(wax) polish so it wont desolve previous layers!!
finally as you go with the layers put less and les presure after its coate!! hope this ll help you
Thank you very much! :)
Ok, perfect. I will swing by a local shop that sells those and pick some up.
I'll also try to finish the whole thing off with the cream. I'll try it sometime during next week and hopefully it will get even better than the first time!
Thank you very much for your advice :)post #6255 of 160407/18/13 at 5:52pmX-Post from the Japanese Shoes Thread.... (picture heavy!)
Shoeshine at Kutsumigaki Honpo
Kutsumigaki Honpo (aka Shoeshine Tokyo), established 5 years ago and easily recognised for their French cafe' inspired booths, has quickly become a favorite among the white collared workers of downtown Tokyo. Now with 5 locations in and around Tokyo, they offer a wide range of repair jobs, in addition to their signature shoeshine. They even offer shoe polish classes/seminars each month for hobbyists/amateurs. Their newest location, a shoeshine boutique store (in collaboration with Kamioka) is located in a 5 star Daiichi Hotel in downtown Tokyo. That is where I met Mr. Fujimoto Hideki, the owner of Kutsumigaki Honpo / Shoeshine Tokyo chain. He offered to nourish/polish a new pair of shoes that I took home (more on that pair later...)
Fujimoto Hideki san, the mastermind of Shoeshine Tokyo.
Untying the laces
Brushing & Dusting
Inserting the shoe trees
Light cleaning with a proprietary conditioner
Hand rubbing the reno
Brushing after the reno
Saphir creme polishes. He used 2 shades of brown to match the shoe color
Now time for wax polishing. Another proprietary formula...looked pretty hard and dry
.... and a light coat on the entire shoe
Voilà! I asked for a matt shine and they came out just right
For this nourish & polish service, the whole process took 15 minutes or so. A basic shoeshine takes 10 minutes or so (and the shoes are kept on). Among the specialised services offered here, there is the 'John Lobb Care & Shine' for discerning owners of JLP shoes who only wants to use JLP brand polishes (although they are essentially Saphirs....). There is also an 'Alden Care & Shine' course that only uses Alden brand cordovan polishes. I've been told that guests at the hotel can have their shoes picked up for a shine / repair by a bell boy.
Many thanks to Fujimoto-san for an excellent shine!
Kutsumigaki Honpo @ Daiichi Hotel, Tokyo HP
Kutsumigaki Honpo HP
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 second ago
- › Howdens Kitchens For Sale Ramsgate 33 seconds ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 3 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 8 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...