Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sole Welting Last post on 10/13/14 at 5:57pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Today at 12:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 10/17/14 at 2:56pm in Classic Menswear
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 2:10 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 417post #6241 of 112587/16/13 at 6:58pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6242 of 112587/16/13 at 7:03pmpost #6243 of 112587/16/13 at 8:44pmpost #6244 of 112587/16/13 at 8:49pmpost #6245 of 112587/16/13 at 8:50pmpost #6246 of 112587/17/13 at 9:42ampost #6247 of 112587/17/13 at 6:12pmQuote:
Unfortunately, no production of red wax by Saphir....or anyone else I am aware of. However, if you are looking to try to do something with red highlights on a black calf shoe I would look at the Crème Renovatrice from Saphir or the Self-Shine Color Dye from Tarrago. If you were to find a red wax, or try a red cream, I don't think it would have much effect.post #6248 of 112587/17/13 at 9:43pmpost #6249 of 112587/17/13 at 9:46pmpost #6250 of 112587/18/13 at 10:26ampost #6251 of 112587/18/13 at 10:29ampost #6252 of 112587/18/13 at 10:33amQuote:
think B. Nelson does it for 40 though pretty sure there are place does it cheaperpost #6253 of 112587/18/13 at 10:37ampost #6254 of 112587/18/13 at 11:52amQuote:Originally Posted by benhour
as far as i can see this is a really good outcome for the first try!!! really good job!!
some little tips!! first of all you ll need a better cloth!! try a microfiber cotton cloth(selvit or sunglasses cloth) !! Mr Rider recommends an old tie too!! Generally a cloth with smouth and soft surface
keep puttuing drops of water till you see the surface going clear and smouth!!Blow while you are doing circles(for me it is helping a lot)!!
try the last buff with a tiny amount of cream polish(2-3 pinheads for the entire toe)!! cream has a lot les solvents than paste(wax) polish so it wont desolve previous layers!!
finally as you go with the layers put less and les presure after its coate!! hope this ll help you
Thank you very much! :)
Ok, perfect. I will swing by a local shop that sells those and pick some up.
I'll also try to finish the whole thing off with the cream. I'll try it sometime during next week and hopefully it will get even better than the first time!
Thank you very much for your advice :)post #6255 of 112587/18/13 at 5:52pmX-Post from the Japanese Shoes Thread.... (picture heavy!)
Shoeshine at Kutsumigaki Honpo
Kutsumigaki Honpo (aka Shoeshine Tokyo), established 5 years ago and easily recognised for their French cafe' inspired booths, has quickly become a favorite among the white collared workers of downtown Tokyo. Now with 5 locations in and around Tokyo, they offer a wide range of repair jobs, in addition to their signature shoeshine. They even offer shoe polish classes/seminars each month for hobbyists/amateurs. Their newest location, a shoeshine boutique store (in collaboration with Kamioka) is located in a 5 star Daiichi Hotel in downtown Tokyo. That is where I met Mr. Fujimoto Hideki, the owner of Kutsumigaki Honpo / Shoeshine Tokyo chain. He offered to nourish/polish a new pair of shoes that I took home (more on that pair later...)
Fujimoto Hideki san, the mastermind of Shoeshine Tokyo.
Untying the laces
Brushing & Dusting
Inserting the shoe trees
Light cleaning with a proprietary conditioner
Hand rubbing the reno
Brushing after the reno
Saphir creme polishes. He used 2 shades of brown to match the shoe color
Now time for wax polishing. Another proprietary formula...looked pretty hard and dry
.... and a light coat on the entire shoe
Voilà! I asked for a matt shine and they came out just right
For this nourish & polish service, the whole process took 15 minutes or so. A basic shoeshine takes 10 minutes or so (and the shoes are kept on). Among the specialised services offered here, there is the 'John Lobb Care & Shine' for discerning owners of JLP shoes who only wants to use JLP brand polishes (although they are essentially Saphirs....). There is also an 'Alden Care & Shine' course that only uses Alden brand cordovan polishes. I've been told that guests at the hotel can have their shoes picked up for a shine / repair by a bell boy.
Many thanks to Fujimoto-san for an excellent shine!
Kutsumigaki Honpo @ Daiichi Hotel, Tokyo HP
Kutsumigaki Honpo HP
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 34 seconds ago
- › How to accent a blue tux 55 seconds ago
- › Shoemaking Tips and Tricks - October 22, 2014 57 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 1 minute ago
- › Private White V.C. Navy Nylon G1 Bomber Size Medium 3 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...