Wow, luckily scatterbrain didn't pay full price for those Guess can't just rely on brand names....
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryBootstagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- brandCarminatagged by JenniferO, 8/6/14
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/19/11
- categoryPull On Boots Chelsea Bootstagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Caretagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by LA Guy, 7/20/14
Related Forum Threads
- Sole Welting Last post on 2/22/15 at 1:03pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 2/24/15 at 6:08pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Today at 9:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:52 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 2/16/15 at 6:50pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 405post #6061 of 137647/3/13 at 4:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6062 of 137647/3/13 at 5:01ampost #6063 of 137647/3/13 at 5:02ampost #6064 of 137647/3/13 at 5:04ampost #6065 of 137647/3/13 at 5:11amQuote:
This makes me feel slightly better.post #6066 of 137647/3/13 at 5:13amThe whole point of corrected grain, bookbinder finish is that there is minimum care required.
Its shiny property will remain, so you just need to brush off dust and wipe off stains and dust with a slightly damp cloth, and lastly some polish.
However, once it's scuffed, hm, it's very hard to cover up, due to the high shine of surrounding areas.post #6067 of 137647/3/13 at 5:14ampost #6068 of 137647/3/13 at 9:04ampost #6069 of 137647/3/13 at 2:03pmpost #6070 of 137647/3/13 at 2:19pmpost #6071 of 137647/3/13 at 2:23pmQuote:
Wearing them for a day. Walking to and from work (3-4 blocks).
Is it typical for there to be that much creasing?
Thanks for the tips!post #6072 of 137647/3/13 at 2:37pmpost #6073 of 137647/3/13 at 3:13pmpost #6074 of 137647/3/13 at 3:47pmQuote:
Not any that is as prevalent as Church's, while their Custom Grade also has bookbinder finish as a choice, their entry level City Line is entirely bookbinder finish, and since Church's got the Brand name, they want to charge 50% more compare to Loake 1880 line, which IMO, is actually better made with full grain leather, and has better lasts.
I really don't like the last of the CIty line, where the toes bend upwards like a duckbill.
Looking at their marketing strategy, Prada and Church's probably wanted to leverage the brand name to sell the City line to young upstarters in their late 20s. And Once they started on Church's, hopefully they move onto higher grades within the same brand as they move into an older age.
Since I am in that age bracket
We are generally
- lazy and a weekly shoe polish routine is nearly impossible to carry out ( tick for bookbinder finish)
- want perceived nice things, but different, and limited funds (tick for Church's brand name, different bendy last, cheapest line)
My girlfriend reckons most of my shoes look like old man/grandpa shoes...post #6075 of 137647/3/13 at 5:19pm
Cross post from the AE thread. These boots are a few years old and have seen more than city use - they are a frequent choice for light hiking and a got-to winter boot as well. Just gave them a quick sprucing up and thought, damn, they look quite nice.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › Floral Bomber Jacket Combo? 13 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 51 seconds ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 57 seconds ago
- › OAK ROOM - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Introduce yourself. 2 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Random food thoughts - Street edition 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...