Wow, luckily scatterbrain didn't pay full price for those Guess can't just rely on brand names....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sole Welting Last post on Yesterday at 9:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 9/23/14 at 7:22pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:49 pm in Classic Menswear
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Yesterday at 11:07 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 405post #6061 of 107827/3/13 at 4:57am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #6062 of 107827/3/13 at 5:01ampost #6063 of 107827/3/13 at 5:02ampost #6064 of 107827/3/13 at 5:04ampost #6065 of 107827/3/13 at 5:11amQuote:
This makes me feel slightly better.post #6066 of 107827/3/13 at 5:13amThe whole point of corrected grain, bookbinder finish is that there is minimum care required.
Its shiny property will remain, so you just need to brush off dust and wipe off stains and dust with a slightly damp cloth, and lastly some polish.
However, once it's scuffed, hm, it's very hard to cover up, due to the high shine of surrounding areas.post #6067 of 107827/3/13 at 5:14ampost #6068 of 107827/3/13 at 9:04ampost #6069 of 107827/3/13 at 2:03pmpost #6070 of 107827/3/13 at 2:19pmpost #6071 of 107827/3/13 at 2:23pmQuote:
Wearing them for a day. Walking to and from work (3-4 blocks).
Is it typical for there to be that much creasing?
Thanks for the tips!post #6072 of 107827/3/13 at 2:37pmpost #6073 of 107827/3/13 at 3:13pmpost #6074 of 107827/3/13 at 3:47pmQuote:
Not any that is as prevalent as Church's, while their Custom Grade also has bookbinder finish as a choice, their entry level City Line is entirely bookbinder finish, and since Church's got the Brand name, they want to charge 50% more compare to Loake 1880 line, which IMO, is actually better made with full grain leather, and has better lasts.
I really don't like the last of the CIty line, where the toes bend upwards like a duckbill.
Looking at their marketing strategy, Prada and Church's probably wanted to leverage the brand name to sell the City line to young upstarters in their late 20s. And Once they started on Church's, hopefully they move onto higher grades within the same brand as they move into an older age.
Since I am in that age bracket
We are generally
- lazy and a weekly shoe polish routine is nearly impossible to carry out ( tick for bookbinder finish)
- want perceived nice things, but different, and limited funds (tick for Church's brand name, different bendy last, cheapest line)
My girlfriend reckons most of my shoes look like old man/grandpa shoes...post #6075 of 107827/3/13 at 5:19pm
Cross post from the AE thread. These boots are a few years old and have seen more than city use - they are a frequent choice for light hiking and a got-to winter boot as well. Just gave them a quick sprucing up and thought, damn, they look quite nice.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › things that are making you happy 1 second ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 25 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 39 seconds ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sole Welting 5 minutes ago
- › Custom Suiting Toronto 5 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...