Wow, luckily scatterbrain didn't pay full price for those Guess can't just rely on brand names....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 2:19 am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/18/17 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 3/24/17 at 12:35pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Definitive Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on Today at 6:26 pm in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 12:30 pm in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 405post #6061 of 198647/3/13 at 4:57ampost #6062 of 198647/3/13 at 5:01ampost #6063 of 198647/3/13 at 5:02ampost #6064 of 198647/3/13 at 5:04ampost #6065 of 198647/3/13 at 5:11amQuote:
This makes me feel slightly better.post #6066 of 198647/3/13 at 5:13amThe whole point of corrected grain, bookbinder finish is that there is minimum care required.
Its shiny property will remain, so you just need to brush off dust and wipe off stains and dust with a slightly damp cloth, and lastly some polish.
However, once it's scuffed, hm, it's very hard to cover up, due to the high shine of surrounding areas.post #6067 of 198647/3/13 at 5:14ampost #6068 of 198647/3/13 at 9:04ampost #6069 of 198647/3/13 at 2:03pmpost #6070 of 198647/3/13 at 2:19pmpost #6071 of 198647/3/13 at 2:23pmQuote:
Wearing them for a day. Walking to and from work (3-4 blocks).
Is it typical for there to be that much creasing?
Thanks for the tips!post #6072 of 198647/3/13 at 2:37pmpost #6073 of 198647/3/13 at 3:13pmpost #6074 of 198647/3/13 at 3:47pmQuote:
Not any that is as prevalent as Church's, while their Custom Grade also has bookbinder finish as a choice, their entry level City Line is entirely bookbinder finish, and since Church's got the Brand name, they want to charge 50% more compare to Loake 1880 line, which IMO, is actually better made with full grain leather, and has better lasts.
I really don't like the last of the CIty line, where the toes bend upwards like a duckbill.
Looking at their marketing strategy, Prada and Church's probably wanted to leverage the brand name to sell the City line to young upstarters in their late 20s. And Once they started on Church's, hopefully they move onto higher grades within the same brand as they move into an older age.
Since I am in that age bracket
We are generally
- lazy and a weekly shoe polish routine is nearly impossible to carry out ( tick for bookbinder finish)
- want perceived nice things, but different, and limited funds (tick for Church's brand name, different bendy last, cheapest line)
My girlfriend reckons most of my shoes look like old man/grandpa shoes...post #6075 of 198647/3/13 at 5:19pm
Cross post from the AE thread. These boots are a few years old and have seen more than city use - they are a frequent choice for light hiking and a got-to winter boot as well. Just gave them a quick sprucing up and thought, damn, they look quite nice.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 6 minutes ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 12 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 20 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 21 minutes ago
- › A weird question, in which of the following scenarios you would... 24 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE: THE VILLAIN (24 March 2017) 26 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 28 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 30 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 32 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 33 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...