Wow, luckily scatterbrain didn't pay full price for those Guess can't just rely on brand names....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/21/14 at 5:03am in Classic Menswear
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 7:32 am in Streetwear and Denim
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on 7/29/14 at 3:40pm in Classic Menswear
- Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren - cigar shell cordovan PTBs - 9D Last post on Today at 7:29 am in Marketplace
- AE Patriot Penny Loafers-Burnished Brown 11.5 D Last post on Today at 6:38 am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 405
Styleforum Top Picks
This makes me feel slightly better.
Its shiny property will remain, so you just need to brush off dust and wipe off stains and dust with a slightly damp cloth, and lastly some polish.
However, once it's scuffed, hm, it's very hard to cover up, due to the high shine of surrounding areas.
Wearing them for a day. Walking to and from work (3-4 blocks).
Is it typical for there to be that much creasing?
Thanks for the tips!
Not any that is as prevalent as Church's, while their Custom Grade also has bookbinder finish as a choice, their entry level City Line is entirely bookbinder finish, and since Church's got the Brand name, they want to charge 50% more compare to Loake 1880 line, which IMO, is actually better made with full grain leather, and has better lasts.
I really don't like the last of the CIty line, where the toes bend upwards like a duckbill.
Looking at their marketing strategy, Prada and Church's probably wanted to leverage the brand name to sell the City line to young upstarters in their late 20s. And Once they started on Church's, hopefully they move onto higher grades within the same brand as they move into an older age.
Since I am in that age bracket
We are generally
- lazy and a weekly shoe polish routine is nearly impossible to carry out ( tick for bookbinder finish)
- want perceived nice things, but different, and limited funds (tick for Church's brand name, different bendy last, cheapest line)
My girlfriend reckons most of my shoes look like old man/grandpa shoes...
Cross post from the AE thread. These boots are a few years old and have seen more than city use - they are a frequent choice for light hiking and a got-to winter boot as well. Just gave them a quick sprucing up and thought, damn, they look quite nice.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
- › Official Sales Alert thread just now
- › Suitsupply NYC 14 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 38 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 50 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 1 minute ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)