Wow, luckily scatterbrain didn't pay full price for those Guess can't just rely on brand names....
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on 9/28/16 at 8:31am in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 1/14/16 at 8:10am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on 9/28/16 at 4:12pm in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) Last post on 9/26/16 at 8:17am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Yesterday at 11:18 am in Classic Menswear
Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Plaza Last
Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing GuideLast edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 405post #6061 of 188617/3/13 at 4:57ampost #6062 of 188617/3/13 at 5:01ampost #6063 of 188617/3/13 at 5:02ampost #6064 of 188617/3/13 at 5:04ampost #6065 of 188617/3/13 at 5:11amQuote:
This makes me feel slightly better.post #6066 of 188617/3/13 at 5:13amThe whole point of corrected grain, bookbinder finish is that there is minimum care required.
Its shiny property will remain, so you just need to brush off dust and wipe off stains and dust with a slightly damp cloth, and lastly some polish.
However, once it's scuffed, hm, it's very hard to cover up, due to the high shine of surrounding areas.post #6067 of 188617/3/13 at 5:14ampost #6068 of 188617/3/13 at 9:04ampost #6069 of 188617/3/13 at 2:03pmpost #6070 of 188617/3/13 at 2:19pmpost #6071 of 188617/3/13 at 2:23pmQuote:
Wearing them for a day. Walking to and from work (3-4 blocks).
Is it typical for there to be that much creasing?
Thanks for the tips!post #6072 of 188617/3/13 at 2:37pmpost #6073 of 188617/3/13 at 3:13pmpost #6074 of 188617/3/13 at 3:47pmQuote:
Not any that is as prevalent as Church's, while their Custom Grade also has bookbinder finish as a choice, their entry level City Line is entirely bookbinder finish, and since Church's got the Brand name, they want to charge 50% more compare to Loake 1880 line, which IMO, is actually better made with full grain leather, and has better lasts.
I really don't like the last of the CIty line, where the toes bend upwards like a duckbill.
Looking at their marketing strategy, Prada and Church's probably wanted to leverage the brand name to sell the City line to young upstarters in their late 20s. And Once they started on Church's, hopefully they move onto higher grades within the same brand as they move into an older age.
Since I am in that age bracket
We are generally
- lazy and a weekly shoe polish routine is nearly impossible to carry out ( tick for bookbinder finish)
- want perceived nice things, but different, and limited funds (tick for Church's brand name, different bendy last, cheapest line)
My girlfriend reckons most of my shoes look like old man/grandpa shoes...post #6075 of 188617/3/13 at 5:19pm
Cross post from the AE thread. These boots are a few years old and have seen more than city use - they are a frequent choice for light hiking and a got-to winter boot as well. Just gave them a quick sprucing up and thought, damn, they look quite nice.
- Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 2 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 19 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 30 minutes ago
- › The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum... 30 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 44 minutes ago
- › Context or Leffot Color 8 NST Boot for Trade - Shell Cordovan 45 minutes ago
- › Which colour belt to wear with these?! 46 minutes ago
- › WTB-Alden LWB CORDOVAN SHELL 49 minutes ago
- › Our Legacy 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...