The result is here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/168002/shoe-damage-report-shoe-porn-central-part-ii/7560#post_4936818
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Sole Welting Last post on Today at 5:23 pm in Classic Menswear
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on Yesterday at 9:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Today at 7:03 pm in Classic Menswear
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 4:51 pm in Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 40post #586 of 1068711/27/11 at 8:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #587 of 1068711/27/11 at 8:27ampost #588 of 1068711/27/11 at 8:39amQuote:
I do also use the Universal Shoe Polish Cream from Saphir but not every time once on three.
Hope I understood well what conditioner meanspost #589 of 1068711/27/11 at 9:58ampost #590 of 1068711/28/11 at 11:42am
Greetings to all.
I was lucky enough to find this forum and would like your collective thoughts and experiences on leather dyeing. I have seen how this is a practice followed by some shoe shiners in Mexico after they use saddle soap and before they apply shoe paste. Granted, the leather dye used seems to be somewhat diluted and not applied to the whole shoe.
Here is the YouTube thread:
Thank you in advance for your thoughts.post #591 of 1068711/28/11 at 11:45ampost #592 of 1068711/28/11 at 11:54ampost #593 of 1068711/28/11 at 5:03pm
You're quite adamant about SnoSeal and I wonder why?
I've used it for years, nay, decades on my boots and find it to be the best waterproof product out there. Opinions about, right? But let me share my experience that the colors of the leathers do indeed darken, but I find the shading to be quite patina-like and attractive. Also, and this is critical, the very high beeswax content does not allow this product to become rancid and you can absolutely put a polish over it. In fact, the SnoSeal itself can be polished after you let it soak into the leather and then buff off any superfluous wax.
The removal of this superfluous wax is important in the "health" of the leather - that extra wax only can collect dirt and really serves no protective quality since the seams, stitching thread, and holes are already deeply saturated with wax and the mere surface tension of water will prevent the water from penetrating.post #594 of 1068711/28/11 at 8:06pmpost #595 of 1068711/28/11 at 8:11pmpost #596 of 1068711/29/11 at 12:14amQuote:
Here it is : http://mydayshoes.tumblr.com/post/13493935289/real-time-shoeshine
Sorry for the delay and the blur on the first half.post #597 of 1068711/29/11 at 1:22ampost #598 of 1068711/29/11 at 6:16ampost #599 of 1068711/29/11 at 6:34ampost #600 of 1068711/29/11 at 6:37amQuote:
Definitely - once I get my new iPhone. To preview, 1 pair of Cheaney FS029 boots, 1 pair of DC Lewis in the #2 color. Also arriving in a month or so, 1 pair of G&G Grants.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 1 minute ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › NFL 2014-15 Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 7 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 8 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 11 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)