The result is here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/168002/shoe-damage-report-shoe-porn-central-part-ii/7560#post_4936818
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread Last post on 7/21/14 at 5:03am in Classic Menswear
- The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II Last post on Today at 9:01 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** Last post on Today at 5:48 am in Classic Menswear
- Vans Vault Derby LX Taka Hayashi Brown Suede Shoes Sz 8.5 Last post on Today at 5:31 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- FS: S2A Black Sidezips Last post on Today at 12:27 pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 40
Styleforum Top Picks
I do also use the Universal Shoe Polish Cream from Saphir but not every time once on three.
Hope I understood well what conditioner means
Greetings to all.
I was lucky enough to find this forum and would like your collective thoughts and experiences on leather dyeing. I have seen how this is a practice followed by some shoe shiners in Mexico after they use saddle soap and before they apply shoe paste. Granted, the leather dye used seems to be somewhat diluted and not applied to the whole shoe.
Here is the YouTube thread:
Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
You're quite adamant about SnoSeal and I wonder why?
I've used it for years, nay, decades on my boots and find it to be the best waterproof product out there. Opinions about, right? But let me share my experience that the colors of the leathers do indeed darken, but I find the shading to be quite patina-like and attractive. Also, and this is critical, the very high beeswax content does not allow this product to become rancid and you can absolutely put a polish over it. In fact, the SnoSeal itself can be polished after you let it soak into the leather and then buff off any superfluous wax.
The removal of this superfluous wax is important in the "health" of the leather - that extra wax only can collect dirt and really serves no protective quality since the seams, stitching thread, and holes are already deeply saturated with wax and the mere surface tension of water will prevent the water from penetrating.
Here it is : http://mydayshoes.tumblr.com/post/13493935289/real-time-shoeshine
Sorry for the delay and the blur on the first half.
Definitely - once I get my new iPhone. To preview, 1 pair of Cheaney FS029 boots, 1 pair of DC Lewis in the #2 color. Also arriving in a month or so, 1 pair of G&G Grants.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Show us how you roll in EG 1 minute ago
- › Stud Homme 4 pocket Dior rip off lamb leather jacket size 38 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass Porn Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 17 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 18 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 21 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 32 minutes ago
- › Authentic ALEXANDER MCQUEEN suit? 33 minutes ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 37 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)