The result is here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/168002/shoe-damage-report-shoe-porn-central-part-ii/7560#post_4936818
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Price drop: Carmina Burgundy Adelaides 11.5UK Last post on 8/6/14 at 2:04am in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- Final Cut. Carmina Suede Chukka - New with Hand Made Trees - 8.5 UK - 9.5 US Last post on 1/13/14 at 8:46pm in Classic Menswear Classifieds
- WTT: CARMINA SUEDE CHUKKA 8.5 UK - 9.5 US Last post on 9/6/13 at 4:53pm in Streetwear & Denim Classifieds
- WTT: Carmina Suede Chukka 8.5 UK - 9.5 US Last post on 9/4/13 at 8:03am in Marketplace
- GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) - Official Affiliate Thread Last post on Today at 6:37 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 40
Styleforum Top Picks
I do also use the Universal Shoe Polish Cream from Saphir but not every time once on three.
Hope I understood well what conditioner means
Greetings to all.
I was lucky enough to find this forum and would like your collective thoughts and experiences on leather dyeing. I have seen how this is a practice followed by some shoe shiners in Mexico after they use saddle soap and before they apply shoe paste. Granted, the leather dye used seems to be somewhat diluted and not applied to the whole shoe.
Here is the YouTube thread:
Thank you in advance for your thoughts.
You're quite adamant about SnoSeal and I wonder why?
I've used it for years, nay, decades on my boots and find it to be the best waterproof product out there. Opinions about, right? But let me share my experience that the colors of the leathers do indeed darken, but I find the shading to be quite patina-like and attractive. Also, and this is critical, the very high beeswax content does not allow this product to become rancid and you can absolutely put a polish over it. In fact, the SnoSeal itself can be polished after you let it soak into the leather and then buff off any superfluous wax.
The removal of this superfluous wax is important in the "health" of the leather - that extra wax only can collect dirt and really serves no protective quality since the seams, stitching thread, and holes are already deeply saturated with wax and the mere surface tension of water will prevent the water from penetrating.
Here it is : http://mydayshoes.tumblr.com/post/13493935289/real-time-shoeshine
Sorry for the delay and the blur on the first half.
Definitely - once I get my new iPhone. To preview, 1 pair of Cheaney FS029 boots, 1 pair of DC Lewis in the #2 color. Also arriving in a month or so, 1 pair of G&G Grants.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 21 seconds ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › BAND OF OUTSIDERS PINK STRIPE BUTTON DOWN | SIZE XS 12 minutes ago
- › MCLASSIC101.com (Saint Crispins Footwear) - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › TODD SNYDER DOUBLE LAYER KNITTED CARDIGAN | SIZE XS 17 minutes ago
- › JOURNAL STANDARD HOMESTEAD SHAWL COLLAR CARDIGAN SWEATER | SIZE XS 18 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 18 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...