The result is here: http://www.styleforum.net/t/168002/shoe-damage-report-shoe-porn-central-part-ii/7560#post_4936818
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 3:53 pm in Classic Menswear
- Sole Welting Last post on 3/17/15 at 5:34am in Classic Menswear
- St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread Last post on Yesterday at 7:11 am in Classic Menswear
- Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More Last post on Today at 7:55 am in Classic Menswear
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) Last post on Today at 12:27 pm in Classic Menswear
Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear)
Last edited: 12/11/12
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12Last edited: 1/4/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
**The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** - Page 40post #586 of 1515711/27/11 at 8:06am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #587 of 1515711/27/11 at 8:27ampost #588 of 1515711/27/11 at 8:39amQuote:
I do also use the Universal Shoe Polish Cream from Saphir but not every time once on three.
Hope I understood well what conditioner meanspost #589 of 1515711/27/11 at 9:58ampost #590 of 1515711/28/11 at 11:42am
Greetings to all.
I was lucky enough to find this forum and would like your collective thoughts and experiences on leather dyeing. I have seen how this is a practice followed by some shoe shiners in Mexico after they use saddle soap and before they apply shoe paste. Granted, the leather dye used seems to be somewhat diluted and not applied to the whole shoe.
Here is the YouTube thread:
Thank you in advance for your thoughts.post #591 of 1515711/28/11 at 11:45ampost #592 of 1515711/28/11 at 11:54ampost #593 of 1515711/28/11 at 5:03pm
You're quite adamant about SnoSeal and I wonder why?
I've used it for years, nay, decades on my boots and find it to be the best waterproof product out there. Opinions about, right? But let me share my experience that the colors of the leathers do indeed darken, but I find the shading to be quite patina-like and attractive. Also, and this is critical, the very high beeswax content does not allow this product to become rancid and you can absolutely put a polish over it. In fact, the SnoSeal itself can be polished after you let it soak into the leather and then buff off any superfluous wax.
The removal of this superfluous wax is important in the "health" of the leather - that extra wax only can collect dirt and really serves no protective quality since the seams, stitching thread, and holes are already deeply saturated with wax and the mere surface tension of water will prevent the water from penetrating.post #594 of 1515711/28/11 at 8:06pmpost #595 of 1515711/28/11 at 8:11pmpost #596 of 1515711/29/11 at 12:14amQuote:
Here it is : http://mydayshoes.tumblr.com/post/13493935289/real-time-shoeshine
Sorry for the delay and the blur on the first half.post #597 of 1515711/29/11 at 1:22ampost #598 of 1515711/29/11 at 6:16ampost #599 of 1515711/29/11 at 6:34ampost #600 of 1515711/29/11 at 6:37amQuote:
Definitely - once I get my new iPhone. To preview, 1 pair of Cheaney FS029 boots, 1 pair of DC Lewis in the #2 color. Also arriving in a month or so, 1 pair of G&G Grants.
- **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.**
Styleforum Top Picks
- What is Styleforum Wearing: 10.9.12
- › World Famous Tantrik (Astrologer) In Malasia +91-9680462195 just now
- › God+91-9001354274Family Problem Solution In Moga Punjab 10 seconds ago
- › World Famous Tantrik (Astrologer) In Greenland +91-9680462195 10 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274Family Problem Solution In Mumbai 14 seconds ago
- › World Famous Tantrik (Astrologer) In Afghanistan +91-9680462195 15 seconds ago
- › God+91-9001354274Family Problem Solution In Ludhiana Punjab 18 seconds ago
- › World Famous Tantrik (Astrologer) In Kazakhstan +91-9680462195 22 seconds ago
- › World Famous Tantrik (Astrologer) In South Korea +91-9680462195 27 seconds ago
- › www.!!एस्ट्रोलोजर !com+91-8890885680vashikaran mantra specialist... 30 seconds ago
- › World Famous Tantrik (Astrologer) In North Korea +91-9680462195 32 seconds ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan